Guy Pearce plays Peter Weyland in Prometheus?

Started by Valaquen, Feb 25, 2012, 07:55:10 PM

Author
Guy Pearce plays Peter Weyland in Prometheus? (Read 57,593 times)

bunnyavpg

Quote from: HybridNewborn on Feb 27, 2012, 07:39:35 PM
Quote from: LarsVader on Feb 27, 2012, 07:12:44 PM
Quote from: KirklandSignature on Feb 27, 2012, 07:03:11 PM
Quote from: LarsVader on Feb 27, 2012, 05:31:15 PM
Quote from: KirklandSignature on Feb 27, 2012, 05:21:12 PM
Peter Weyland could be the ancestor to Charles Bishop?
No, the other way around.

Peter Weyland would come before Charles B since this movie takes place 30 years before Alien(which Bishop appears in). Bishop is likely the nephew or cousin of Peter Weyland.

I was thinking of the AVP guy.

It's Charles Bishop Weyland in Alien vs Predator
It's Peter Weyland in Prometheus
It's Bishop the Synthetic Person in Aliens (and also Alien3)
It's Michael Bishop At the end of Alien3
It's Rook, the Synthetic Person in Aliens: Colonial Marines
It's Karl Bishop Weyland in Aliens vs Predator (the 2010 video game)

And it's Peter Bishop in Fringe.

predxeno

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 27, 2012, 06:34:50 PM
Ridley wouldn't even know who Karl Bishop Weyland was.

I was referring to the continuity between all the films as opposed to what Ridley knew.

Quote from: bunnyavpg on Feb 27, 2012, 07:57:12 PM

I was thinking of Peter Bishop as well when I heard the name Peter Weyland.

T Dog

This forum has gotten really boring. I'm sorry, but it has. It can't just be me who feels this way can it?

predxeno

I kinda feel it, too, but there are always a small number of topics that keep me interested.

ChrisPachi

ChrisPachi

Quote from: deuterium on Feb 27, 2012, 04:59:17 PM
My thinking, here, is that Sir Ridley was speaking to "John Q. Public" and the unwashed masses  ;D

I suspect he knew that it was one of the most discussed and debated issue within "fandom".

That's right, he does know, which is why his latest comment (if legit) shows complete contempt for the fan-base. His statement that the only link between the two films is the company who owns the spaceships is a balls-out lie. Either he doesn't know that the trailer was even released, is so senile that he can't remember what he did or said yesterday or thinks that his fans are all such morons as to swallow any horseshit that comes out his mouth.

So far I have been sucked in pretty badly by all of the secrecy, but this crap is getting on the nerves. I understand that they want to keep the debate raging for as long as they can, but its getting stupid now. There's are good chance that most of the spin about this film has been bullshit all along, especially in light of this latest contradiction from the man in charge.

-Chris

PrometheusFire

PrometheusFire

i see the great alien fanbase is already dividing...........soon we will reveal ourselves to the jedi,  soon we will have our revenge.......:)

Gash

Quote from: ChrisPachi on Feb 28, 2012, 12:17:38 AM
Quote from: deuterium on Feb 27, 2012, 04:59:17 PM
My thinking, here, is that Sir Ridley was speaking to "John Q. Public" and the unwashed masses  ;D

I suspect he knew that it was one of the most discussed and debated issue within "fandom".

That's right, he does know, which is why his latest comment (if legit) shows complete contempt for the fan-base. His statement that the only link between the two films is the company who owns the spaceships is a balls-out lie. Either he doesn't know that the trailer was even released, is so senile that he can't remember what he did or said yesterday or thinks that his fans are all such morons as to swallow any horseshit that comes out his mouth.

So far I have been sucked in pretty badly by all of the secrecy, but this crap is getting on the nerves. I understand that they want to keep the debate raging for as long as they can, but its getting stupid now. There's are good chance that most of the spin about this film has been bullshit all along, especially in light of this latest contradiction from the man in charge.

-Chris

I wouldn't let it bother you to this extent. I feel that Ridley is being advised to play down the connection by Fox because whilst it's long been called a prequel it doesn't play to type the way most sequels/prequels do. He's not disrespecting anyone, he just giving out information to the general movie going public and probably thinking (via Fox advice) that he has to underplay A  L  I  E  N  because of the sequels which are a more recent memory. At one time Ridley said that anyone who is a fan of   A  L   I   E  N   will recognise familiar things in Prometheus. He's also said it connects only with the first and doesn't have any connection with the sequels.

Just accept the subterfuge as part of the marketing game that he is having to play. It's true he wants it to be a mystery and for there to be plenty of new surprises - given that, why would he want to confirm anything that kills any suspense?

SM

Quote from: bunnyavpg on Feb 27, 2012, 07:57:12 PM
Quote from: HybridNewborn on Feb 27, 2012, 07:39:35 PM
Quote from: LarsVader on Feb 27, 2012, 07:12:44 PM
Quote from: KirklandSignature on Feb 27, 2012, 07:03:11 PM
Quote from: LarsVader on Feb 27, 2012, 05:31:15 PM
Quote from: KirklandSignature on Feb 27, 2012, 05:21:12 PM
Peter Weyland could be the ancestor to Charles Bishop?
No, the other way around.

Peter Weyland would come before Charles B since this movie takes place 30 years before Alien(which Bishop appears in). Bishop is likely the nephew or cousin of Peter Weyland.

I was thinking of the AVP guy.

It's Charles Bishop Weyland in Alien vs Predator
It's Peter Weyland in Prometheus
It's Bishop the Synthetic Person in Aliens (and also Alien3)
It's Michael Bishop At the end of Alien3
It's Rook, the Synthetic Person in Aliens: Colonial Marines
It's Karl Bishop Weyland in Aliens vs Predator (the 2010 video game)

Where does this guy fit?

ChrisPachi

Quote from: Gash on Feb 28, 2012, 01:32:16 AMI wouldn't let it bother you to this extent. I feel that Ridley is being advised to play down the connection by Fox because whilst it's long been called a prequel it doesn't play to type the way most sequels/prequels do.

Yes I understand all that and have been willing to think this way up until now, but the double-speak surrounding this movie has reached far past infuriating. I am surprised that there isn't more fan backlash against this ridiculous 'marketing' campaign. Maybe if there was we would finally get some intelligent commentary from the film makers.

-Chris

Pn2501

HybridNewborn

Quote from: ChrisPachi on Feb 28, 2012, 02:45:06 AM
Quote from: Gash on Feb 28, 2012, 01:32:16 AMI wouldn't let it bother you to this extent. I feel that Ridley is being advised to play down the connection by Fox because whilst it's long been called a prequel it doesn't play to type the way most sequels/prequels do.

Yes I understand all that and have been willing to think this way up until now, but the double-speak surrounding this movie has reached far past infuriating. I am surprised that there isn't more fan backlash against this ridiculous 'marketing' campaign. Maybe if there was we would finally get some intelligent commentary from the film makers.

-Chris

You obviously haven't seen all the numerous topics that have been taken over by the "Is it a prequel or not?" debate, that exists solely because of Scott's double-speak such as this.

ChrisPachi

Quote from: HybridNewborn on Feb 28, 2012, 06:17:58 AMYou obviously haven't seen all the numerous topics that have been taken over by the "Is it a prequel or not?" debate, that exists solely because of Scott's double-speak such as this.

Seen 'em, been involved in them. Hence my rage.

-Chris

T Dog

That's why the discussion of this film has become so dull. People are still asking "ummmmmm sooooo is this an Alien Prequel". And if they got ON their arse, looked around the web for an hour and did some research they'd very easily come to the conclusion that is at least an ALIEN movie that is set before the first movie.

Are these people lazy or stupid or illogical or all of the above?
There are quotes from multiple actors in this movie saying that it is part of the ALIEN franchise.
So please do some independent research and come up with a new question to pose to people here or else don't type anything.

Virgil

Quote from: tmjhur on Feb 28, 2012, 12:28:26 PM
Are these people lazy or stupid or illogical or all of the above?
There are quotes from multiple actors in this movie saying that it is part of the ALIEN franchise.
So please do some independent research and come up with a new question to pose to people here or else don't type anything.

I don't think that was ChrisPachi's point at all.

It's just been a frustrating couple of months since the trailer  :-\

LarsVader

Quote from: Virgil_uk on Feb 28, 2012, 01:08:24 PM
It's just been a frustrating couple of months since the trailer  :-\
My weekly rant is over here:
http://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?topic=42301.msg1293320#msg1293320

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed