ALIEN: Out of the Shadows (Novel 1)

Started by Darwinsgirl, Jun 01, 2013, 03:49:43 AM

Author
ALIEN: Out of the Shadows (Novel 1) (Read 151,595 times)

XenoZipper

Quote from: Engineer on May 04, 2016, 11:33:36 PM
Quote from: XenoZipper on May 04, 2016, 07:48:51 PM
I'm actually listening to the Peter Guiness version of Alien 3 right now. I quite like it, he has a good voice for audio books. He also did Alien. Next up after that I'll be listening to Resurrection read by William Hope. I do also have the Lance version of Alien 3 but I'll be saving that for last to listen to. Still haven't heard Out of the Shadows yet, probably won't get to unfortunately.

Hey! William hope?! That's even cooler! Out of curiosity I went back and checked, and it turns out William hope narrated for aliens too! I may have to pick that one now!! I'd love to hear aliens narrated by Waits... I mean Groves... I mean Gorman... I mean William hope! :-)

I knew William hope was involved in a lot of different alien/predator releases (obviously Gorman was his biggest role), but until now I had no idea he narrated for 2 of the audiobooks too! That's freakin cool!

Yep I listened to Hope doing Aliens yesterday, it was pretty decent!

Engineer

I'm half way through the audiobook now...

Wow! Just.... Wow! I am impressed! Loving this so far!

XenoZipper

Damn I really wish I could hear it! Apps don't work for me so Audible is useless & I refuse to be strapped to my computer to have to listen to it. My laptop speakers are blown which means headphones would have to come out & I dunno about you guys but I can't sit at my laptop & be stuck there for the duration of something like that not being able to move far lest the headphones pop out. I need to find an alternate method to hear this.

Engineer

Quote from: XenoZipper on May 05, 2016, 02:05:28 PM
Damn I really wish I could hear it! Apps don't work for me so Audible is useless & I refuse to be strapped to my computer to have to listen to it. My laptop speakers are blown which means headphones would have to come out & I dunno about you guys but I can't sit at my laptop & be stuck there for the duration of something like that not being able to move far lest the headphones pop out. I need to find an alternate method to hear this.
Why won't apps work for you? Do you have an iPhone, android or windows phone? Or any sort of tablet?

XenoZipper

XenoZipper

Quote from: Engineer on May 05, 2016, 02:14:00 PM
Why won't apps work for you? Do you have an iPhone, android or windows phone? Or any sort of tablet?

Negative sir. I'm not terribly technological friendly so I've no updated device that can even use them. I've never even used an Iphone haha Just never had an interest to follow the rest of the planet for that stuff. Still have no interest to buy these devices which is part of why I'm hating that everything is turning into an app these days. It only works if you're up to date in tech which I will never be. I'm still running Win7 lol

Engineer

Quote from: XenoZipper on May 05, 2016, 02:24:21 PM
Quote from: Engineer on May 05, 2016, 02:14:00 PM

Negative sir. I'm not terribly technological friendly so I've no updated device that can even use them.

What about a console? Xbox or ps? Maybe... And that's a big maybe... There's an audible app for consoles...

XenoZipper

I have a PS3 but there's no Audible app tat I'm aware of on it. I have Plex, that's about it for that.

Engineer

Geez man! I'm out of ideas! Lol

All I can say is, if you deal with the discomfort of listening to it on your computer through the web browser, you won't regret it!

XenoZipper

Quote from: Engineer on May 05, 2016, 02:37:26 PM
Geez man! I'm out of ideas! Lol

All I can say is, if you deal with the discomfort of listening to it on your computer through the web browser, you won't regret it!

I appreciate the effort though!  :) It's my own fault for not staying up to date in tech to be able to use these sites properly. I'll most likely one day just endure listening through my web browser using headphones. At least with a laptop, I can carry it around if I need to move somewhere else haha

Engineer

Oh! I got it!!

Through the web browser on your PS3! At least that way, you can lounge in your favorite chair and listen through your TV!

XenoZipper

Quote from: Engineer on May 05, 2016, 02:59:25 PM
Oh! I got it!!

Through the web browser on your PS3! At least that way, you can lounge in your favorite chair and listen through your TV!

Unfortunately I have a bigger problem than that now. I just tried to go back on Audible & was going to listen through my web browser but because I tried to cancel the account because I didn't want to start getting charged for it, they took Out of the Shadows out of my library & I no longer have that free credit they give you at the start of signing up to be able to get it back in my library so now I'm hooped for listening to it.

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: XenoZipper on May 05, 2016, 03:04:37 PM
Quote from: Engineer on May 05, 2016, 02:59:25 PM
Oh! I got it!!

Unfortunately I have a bigger problem than that now. I just tried to go back on Audible & was going to listen through my web browser but because I tried to cancel the account because I didn't want to start getting charged for it, they took Out of the Shadows out of my library & I no longer have that free credit they give you at the start of signing up to be able to get it back in my library so now I'm hooped for listening to it.

Based on the very positive customer support we've seen discussed here, perhaps give them a shout and explain your dilemma.  Maybe they will be understanding that you weren't "device compatible" just yet when you signed up for it.

XenoZipper

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on May 05, 2016, 03:17:12 PM
Based on the very positive customer support we've seen discussed here, perhaps give them a shout and explain your dilemma.  Maybe they will be understanding that you weren't "device compatible" just yet when you signed up for it.

Yea I may have to do that. I thought it would be just a simple sign up & download it as an mp3 but even for that you needed to have iTunes which I do not plus their special downloader to download it through iTunes, it was just too much of a hassle for someone that doesn't use that stuff. I just really want to listen to the audio is all. I'm a really big fan of audio books/dramas/podcasts so I eat that stuff up like no tomorrow especially if it's Alien related haha

Engineer

Woah woah woah! That's not right! They advertise that you can cancel at anytime and still keep your books! Call customer service! It was a pretty painless effort for me, and you may luck out and get a second book for free too! :-)

XenoZipper

Quote from: Engineer on May 05, 2016, 03:51:46 PM
Woah woah woah! That's not right! They advertise that you can cancel at anytime and still keep your books! Call customer service! It was a pretty painless effort for me, and you may luck out and get a second book for free too! :-)

Yea the site is set up kind of weird. I honestly couldn't even find a proper place to cancel the subscription, it was more or less just taking off my credit card number from the billing address so ensure I wasn't going to be charged at the end of the month but I couldn't find where you actually cancel the subscription. Out of the Shadows WAS in my library as I did use my 1 credit to get it but yea, now that I took my credit card # off, they say there's a problem with my billing & Out of the Shadows is no longer in my library. Bit of a pain in the ass honestly playing with all of this. Like I said though, no ones fault but my own for not staying in touch with tech. I just don't have much of an interest in any of the tech stuff people use today so I never bothered going the route of iPhone or Pad & still don't really have an interest to do so. I'll eventually find some other way to be able to listen to it I suppose.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed