NECA Alien: Covenant Figures

Started by Corporal Hicks, Sep 06, 2016, 07:52:31 AM

Author
NECA Alien: Covenant Figures (Read 93,532 times)

Fiker

Fiker

Hi. I don't mind the grasshopper proportions. I'm more bothered by the proportions of it's face. It's kinda cartonish.

Elmazalman

Elmazalman

Quote from: bobcunk on Apr 27, 2017, 04:10:27 PM
I have the original one. I see they've Ave rereleasd it with 's new cover.
It was also reissued with it's original cover art - a comic book store exclusive.

I still prefer the original printing. The reissue is too dark in places.

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

Glad I got out of the game when I did.

Predaker

Predaker

Quote from: bobby brown on Apr 26, 2017, 08:28:32 PM

Ok, This picture ain't that great ... I like the overall design, but this figure is a bit dumb looking.

Wow, that is bad.

Quote from: skhellter on Apr 27, 2017, 12:23:20 PM
that.. is one ugly ass, poorly made toy.

The skull underneath the dome is deformed.

shitshow.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C-ZkqNVXcAA7qH5.jpg
https://i.gyazo.com/43067c95caade0e9876bfd502194cd1d.png

:laugh:

Denton Smalls

Denton Smalls

Quote from: Predaker on Apr 28, 2017, 01:34:46 PM
Quote from: bobby brown on Apr 26, 2017, 08:28:32 PM

Ok, This picture ain't that great ... I like the overall design, but this figure is a bit dumb looking.

Wow, that is bad.

Quote from: skhellter on Apr 27, 2017, 12:23:20 PM
that.. is one ugly ass, poorly made toy.

The skull underneath the dome is deformed.

shitshow.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C-ZkqNVXcAA7qH5.jpg
https://i.gyazo.com/43067c95caade0e9876bfd502194cd1d.png

:laugh:

I know right? The left arm has two and a half more tendons than the right, and the circumference of the right eye socket is a quarter of a millimeter bigger than the left, and etc. etc...

Seriously. Be happy they're being released. It's a joyous occasion. It's fine. It's an Alien. I like how they added blue veins to this and the minimate/vinimate.

skhellter

skhellter

Quote from: Denton Smalls on Apr 28, 2017, 07:46:38 PM
Seriously. Be happy they're being released. It's a joyous occasion. It's fine. It's an Alien.

Imagine telling other people to be happy that trashy toys are being released.
:D

Kotobukiya > Neca.
8)

Denton Smalls

Denton Smalls

Quote from: skhellter on Apr 28, 2017, 10:02:43 PM
Quote from: Denton Smalls on Apr 28, 2017, 07:46:38 PM
Seriously. Be happy they're being released. It's a joyous occasion. It's fine. It's an Alien.

Imagine telling other peoples to be happy that trashy toys are being released.
:D

Kotobukiya > Neca.
8)

I have no idea who Kotobukikia is but how are these "trashy?"

Predaker

Predaker

I think I'll pass on the new troll-face Alien.

Denton Smalls

Denton Smalls

I mean, to each his own but historically, most xenomorph toys or movie incarnations have been negatively compared to Big Chap or Cameron's Warrior.

Personally, the more distance that can be put from those, the better. If they just recycled the same old design it would make a cool homage for about 2 seconds before it would be thought of as lazy and unoriginal.

The beauty of the Alien, and what separates it from everything from Jaws to Jason Voorhees is that it evolves so you never know exactly what form it will take next.

I just wish some fans kept more of an open mind and evolved with it. But again, respect to the traditionalists out there. Everybody's got a preference.

Predaker

Predaker

It's not that bad.

The troll face really cracks me up though. I don't know why they would tweet a promo pic with it looking like that.

Denton Smalls

Denton Smalls

Quote from: Predaker on Apr 29, 2017, 01:11:17 AM
It's not that bad.

The troll face really cracks me up though. I don't know why they would tweet a promo pic with it looking like that.

I wonder why they're releasing the new Alien but they haven't released the Neomorph pics even though its presence has been all over the trailers and there's even a full body still of it crouching over Rosenthal...

skhellter

skhellter

Quote from: Denton Smalls on Apr 28, 2017, 11:33:01 PM
I have no idea who Kotobukikia is but how are these "trashy?"

http://news.toyark.com/2016/02/12/kotobukiya-big-chap-alien-artfx-statue-191953
Kotobukiya has the best sculpts of the alien creature, ever.

NECA makes cheap toys that more often than not break as soon as you take them out of the box. Their quality control is horrible.
And every once in a while they put out really poorly sculpted toys like the Covenant Xeno (and their Shin-Godzilla figure lol).

I dont think it's been said..

but the Covenant Xeno that NECA is putting out is clearly
based on an early design of the creature,
It's the one they seem to have used for the animatronic. (There's a pic of the animatronic out there.)

Ridley seems to have changed his mind about the design of the creature's shoulders
and seems to have gone with a fully cgi creation.

NECA is saying that their toy is "screen accurate".
Not anymore.

Elmazalman

Elmazalman

That's a very nice sculpt. It even captures the wrinkles in the original suit.

skhellter

skhellter

Kotobukiya still has the Alien license.. hope they do something with the Covenant Xeno.

Denton Smalls

Denton Smalls

Quote from: skhellter on Apr 29, 2017, 11:38:53 AM
Kotobukiya still has the Alien license.. hope they do something with the Covenant Xeno.

Nice, I'll have to check them out. I must confess I have several NECA figures from the Alien series but I haven't taken any out of the box yet. Now I probably won't be doing that lol.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed