AVP3 Ideas

Started by Originalsin, Jun 06, 2007, 08:25:09 PM

Author
AVP3 Ideas (Read 357,147 times)

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Quote from: sothur on Jun 06, 2007, 09:36:44 PM
I'd like to see how predators capture an alien queen, a nice long tactical fight with a bunch of predators tearing down an alien nest.

Why would they be so inefficient when they could simply get a host impregnated and then just retrieve that? :)

The Colonial Marines have the same problem as the present setting does. We know they were replaced with the inept 'United Systems Military'. If you see the Colonial Marines in it as characters (if they're even depicted in a realistic way), then you know the humans are still going to survive and the represented outbreak will be something most people have no idea about.

Highland

Highland

Quote from: SiL on Jun 07, 2007, 12:56:11 AM
Quote from: Pvt. Hicks on Jun 06, 2007, 11:22:49 PM
Seriously, it would be an act of God if they gave AvP 3 to Brothers Strause with complete creative control and a huge budget.

For all you know it could turn into the worst flop ever made. At least wait until they've released this film before singing their praises for another.

Spot on. Just because someone tells you its going back to basics, does not make it a good thing.

People are getting hyped for this because of their attachment to the brothers, with the posts on the forums.

You can bet your house, if they were not on here, you'd be bitching so hard you give birth to a chestbuster ;) (think about it, we've had 3 pictures)

The Ultimate Predator

The Ultimate Predator

Yes, it could be a flop. However, the marketing isn't anything to do with the brothers, but Fox. And the fact that Colin is giving us information about the film, the majority of which sounds very good, gives people a lot of incentive to think it is going to be a good film. I'm not saying it will be, but barring the budget, one could say a lot is pointing in the right direction.

Highland

Highland

Very true and I have the respect for Colin, because sometimes it seems like he is single handidly keeping this thing going. But he should'nt have to, Fox should at least have a teaser site up by now, or at least a poster.

Also remember the same fan boy Hysteria when Anderson mentioned "bigger cannons" and "throwing stars" (including myself)

The trailer will hopefully give us at least an small idea of what were in for. 

The Ultimate Predator

The Ultimate Predator

QuoteVery true and I have the respect for Colin, because sometimes it seems like he is single handidly keeping this thing going. But he should'nt have to, Fox should at least have a teaser site up by now, or at least a poster.

True, but you were saying people would be bitching if the brothers weren't here, when in fact the brothers aren't to blame, Fox are.

QuoteAlso remember the same fan boy Hysteria when Anderson mentioned "bigger cannons" and "throwing stars" (including myself)

True, but I think we've all learnt from that now. Proof of that is that Colin is being asked is he using the original canon, wristblades etc.

QuoteThe trailer will hopefully give us at least an small idea of what were in for.

Hopefully. The first AvP trailer didn't reveal much at all, just got everyone's hopes up. As its been so long now, and it won't be till Comic-Con that we'll get the teaser, it should reveal more.

sothur

sothur

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Jun 07, 2007, 10:55:37 AM
Quote from: sothur on Jun 06, 2007, 09:36:44 PM
I'd like to see how predators capture an alien queen, a nice long tactical fight with a bunch of predators tearing down an alien nest.

Why would they be so inefficient when they could simply get a host impregnated and then just retrieve that? :)

To tell the truth, I've read that in an unofficial AvP book a long time ago, where the captured alien queen was a valuable heritage of the ancestors. It was a cool moment. :)

Malicious Predator

Malicious Predator

A space setting might work for an alien vs predator budget, even if you the same budget as an avp movie.

You don´t need to be in space all the time you can set it in a colony, shoot it on different locations on earth.:) You could use a similar story as requiem, a pred-ship loaded with aliens crashlands outside a colony. The rest of the movie takes place on the planet, then maybe the last 3-4 minutes in space again. Its basically the same thing, maybe you need to create some cool sci fi gadgets and weapons for the colony and make some miniature stuff. They had miniature stuff in the first avp. Helicopter, the snow vehicles. Whaling station. The exterior pyramid!

Or just follow the comicbook, with Predators planting aliens on a planet to hunt. I would love to see that, not just for having it in space. But having it in the future, you can create alot of cool technology.

But i know Colin and Gregg are doing the best of the situation and i understand that fox is forcing the earth setting. I think the trailer for Requiem is awesome, the trailer alone is much better then the first film!

Btw. Im a director myself, work in sweden. Make lowbudget independent films.:) I made my own little predator homage film a couple of years ago, a vietnam war film with werewolves. You can se the trailer on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxqGE9vXFzM

/Ola

Malicious Predator

Malicious Predator

I think the brothers already thought of this for the sequel. They wanted the movie in space in their first pitch.:)

Maybe we can come up with some cool ideas and post them in the forum, give them some inspiration if a sequel now gets made. Which i really hope that there will be one! In space.

Im pretty certain, even though the bros are taking a break from posting on the forum. They probably secretly read the forum and maybe they also are planning ideas for avp 3.

There are lots of other cool variations and stories, predator planet! Ive always imagined the predator planet to be like a big rainforrest, a high tech civilisation that at the same time feels primitive and scary.

Maybe show a neighbour ICE planet, where the predators from avp 1 are, living in pyramids. Just to show that they are a different species of predator, just like chimps and gorillas are not alike.

SiL

SiL

I hope the Bros don't return for another sequel. Nothing personal, just a statement of principal.

echobbase79

echobbase79

If you do a space Aliens vs Predator it needs to be big budget to sell the world they're trying to create.

echobbase79

echobbase79

Quote from: SiL on Aug 29, 2007, 09:31:37 PM
I hope the Bros don't return for another sequel. Nothing personal, just a statement of principal.

::)

pred_alien

pred_alien

Quote from: SiL on Aug 29, 2007, 09:31:37 PM

why not...they seem to be doing really well with a low budget...they might do even better with a bigger budget

Malicious Predator

Malicious Predator

I think it would be great if they returned for another sequel, just like i think it would have been if James Cameron had made alien 3. I think its more important to see a good movie then have different directors for every movie.

Colin and Gregg seem to be the right choice for the franchise, they are fans. Going back to the roots! :) They communicate with the fanbase! How many directors do that, some do, but it seems to be only through their own websites, not fansites.:) If they continue working on the franchise and writing on the forums, then it might give a opportunity for us fans to give feedback on avp-r and tell them what we want to see next time, and maybe if they like our ideas it will be in the movie.

I dunno if it could be possible if fox hires some other director.

Fitzley

Fitzley

Quote from: pred_alien on Aug 29, 2007, 09:41:39 PM
why not...they seem to be doing really well with a low budget...they might do even better with a bigger budget

Because, every movie in both franchises has had a different director to put a new take on the movie. I for one like that.

Malicious Predator

Malicious Predator

Quote from: Fitzley on Aug 29, 2007, 09:51:53 PM
Quote from: pred_alien on Aug 29, 2007, 09:41:39 PM

Because, every movie in both franchises has had a different director to put a new take on the movie. I for one like that.

Mm.:) But you never know what could happen if they get another director, just look back at the latest alien movies. Like i said before, what if James Cameron had been chosen to direct Alien 3.

We could have gotten more future military and a realistic sci fi with Ripley maybe finally getting revenge on the whole Alien species or some more fitting finale to her story, instead Ripley killed herself and got cloned and it just went downhill.

Nobody seems to be opposing the idea for a Ridley Scott and James Cameron comeback for Alien 5, so why not the same directors twice for the avp franchise?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed