Blomkamp's Alien Room

Started by alienscollection.com, Aug 07, 2015, 04:24:28 AM

Author
Blomkamp's Alien Room (Read 2,561 times)

NickisSmart

NickisSmart

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 08, 2015, 11:44:38 AM
His love for the game really gives me confidence in the tone and style of Alien 5. The presentation of Isolation was fantastic.

Me, too. Alien: Isolation artistic design was on par with the film it was based off of. I'm glad it is influencing Neil. : )

Edit: I remind in the IGN interview with him that he hadn't seen Alien until recently? That's curious. Though He said that it came out when the year he was born. I like how he's interesting in the "cutting edge" tech of those times, like the dot-matrix printer paper that Burke held in the deleted scene, in Aliens. When my mom watches Alien, she always chuckles at the wind chimes hanging from the ceiling in several rooms, saying she remembered seeing the exact same kind back in the 70s. That movie (and Aliens) really are time capsules. It's an interesting concept when doing a sequel, now in the present, that you have to go retro for a science fiction film that's set in the future.

But that is why Alien and Aliens are so awesome. The artists and their imagination of the future with cutting edge tech of their day is a truly awesome thing. Same idea with something like Forbidden Planet, with the blasters and flying saucers and Robby the Robot. : )

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Quote from: NickisSmart on Aug 12, 2015, 04:33:20 AM
I remind in the IGN interview with him that he hadn't seen Alien until recently? That's curious. Though He said that it came out when the year he was born.

He said it's the first science-fiction film he ever saw. You might be thinking of where he mentioned he'd recently seen it on a big screen?

NickisSmart

NickisSmart

Is that what he meant? I see. I misread the interview, in that case.

Regardless, having Aliens as one's all-time favorite film isn't a bad thing. And being inspired by Alien: Isolation -- which is an extension of Ridley Scott's universe in the same manner that Aliens was, but more rooted in the first film -- is also a good thing. I think we have lots to be happy about, here. : )

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed