Blomkamp's Alien Room

Started by alienscollection.com, Aug 07, 2015, 04:24:28 AM

Author
Blomkamp's Alien Room (Read 2,543 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Shame there's nothing more overt in there! I see plenty of stills from Alien, plenty of Giger concept art, some behind the scenes still from the other films.

I've attached some of the things I don't recognize. Can't see anything Alien 5, I don't think.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

First one I think was something Giger designed for a punk-rock sci-fi movie or something.

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Yeah, it's a classic Giger picture.

Noticing several of his highly psychosexual pieces in there (at least three of a very suggestive nature). Definitely seems to confirm they're trying to bring that vibe back. Also the Giger picture which inspired Cameron's design of the Queen on there. The guy certainly seems to know his stuff.

The famous picture of Bolaji in the costume with his head showing (can only think it might be for helping with reference of the limb proportions).

Ash's head and, above that, the picture of all the cryotubes opening up.

Another picture of the cryotubes all closed up.

Ripley in her astronaut costume.

The Nostromo room where the crew all sat around in.

Possibly the bloody chestburster.

Powerloader stepping out of the door in silhouette (famously shown a little before the 'bitch' line).

Ripley with Newt, either just after the dropship crashed or during/after the Queen's reveal.

Took a while before recognising the scene on the screens, but it's the escape shuttle's interior before the salvage crew step in there.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 07, 2015, 07:07:17 AM
Can't see anything Alien 5, I don't think.

Yeah, it's just a little shrine/cubicle in his office dedicated to the first two films. He shared a pic of his "Chappie and Blade Runner room" a while back too.

A bit worryingly, Josh Trank sent out a tweet yesterday saying: "A year ago I had a fantastic version of this [Fantastic Four]. And it would've received great reviews. You'll probably never see it. That's reality though."

Another case of studio meddling from Fox?

T Dog

T Dog

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Aug 07, 2015, 01:29:15 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 07, 2015, 07:07:17 AM
Can't see anything Alien 5, I don't think.

Yeah, it's just a little shrine/cubicle in his office dedicated to the first two films. He shared a pic of his "Chappie and Blade Runner room" a while back too.

A bit worryingly, Josh Trank sent out a tweet yesterday saying: "A year ago I had a fantastic version of this [Fantastic Four]. And it would've received great reviews. You'll probably never see it. That's reality though."

Another case of studio meddling from Fox?
I wouldn't worry - if we take Deadpool into consideration it seems like Fox and other studios (Warner Bros excell at this) are really testing the waters with trying to do what's best for each project.

OWLF

OWLF

Clicky to enlarge. Also, is he playing Alien Isolation ? ;D

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

'Aliens' is on the screens. He's already been interviewed a while ago saying 'Alien Isolation' has influenced how he shall present this project.

OWLF

OWLF

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Aug 07, 2015, 10:45:45 PM
'Aliens' is on the screens. He's already been interviewed a while ago saying 'Alien Isolation' has influenced how he shall present this project.

Looks like he´s a HUGE fan of Alien Isolation:

QuoteIGN: Have you played Alien: Isolation and if so what are your thoughts on the game?

Blomkamp: I think it's amazing. Even from the first screen grabs, just the quality of the art direction and how it looks. I'm such a visual person that the narrative of stuff is neither here nor there for me sometimes. It's literally about imagery. And when I saw the images I thought 'Sh*t, they can't be that good.'  And then I played it and to me it was that good. It's so good. It's ridiculous. It's actually interesting because it raises an interesting design question for me which is that when Alien was made it was cutting edge. 'Mother' was cutting edge, and a green CRT monochromatic monitor was cutting edge, you know what I mean? And it's like Aliens: The Director's Cut, with Reel 2 re-inserted, when you're on the colony planet and he's getting print-outs on dot-matrix paper with holes down the side – that sh*t was real man. On the planet, in that future, that was cutting edge. So it's an interesting debate if you look at it from my stand-point, which is do I make my cutting edge... is it cutting edge, or is it actually closer to the first two. Because I wanted to be like it has the same parent. It's a genetic offspring of the first two movies, and Alien Isolation made me question that quite a lot. Because they got it so perfect with all of the late 1970s early '80s tech, it's really cool.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/03/04/how-district-9-director-neill-blomkamp-got-the-alien-gig

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

His love for the game really gives me confidence in the tone and style of Alien 5. The presentation of Isolation was fantastic.

Richman678

Richman678

Pretty sure the image on the screen is the Escape ship from the Nostromo. It also looks like it's from Aliens since you can see the ice on the chair. So he's watching Aliens.

Perfect-Organism

Perfect-Organism

His love of the power-loader remains obvious.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Richman678 on Aug 08, 2015, 12:19:49 PM
Pretty sure the image on the screen is the Escape ship from the Nostromo. It also looks like it's from Aliens since you can see the ice on the chair. So he's watching Aliens.

Undoubtedly. No questioning that.

Chris!(($$))!

Chris!(($$))!

Quote from: Amanda Ripley on Aug 07, 2015, 10:58:05 PM
Quote from: Xenomorphine on Aug 07, 2015, 10:45:45 PM

Looks like he´s a HUGE fan of Alien Isolation:

QuoteIGN: Have you played Alien: Isolation and if so what are your thoughts on the game?

Blomkamp: I think it's amazing. Even from the first screen grabs, just the quality of the art direction and how it looks. I'm such a visual person that the narrative of stuff is neither here nor there for me sometimes. It's literally about imagery. And when I saw the images I thought 'Sh*t, they can't be that good.'  And then I played it and to me it was that good. It's so good. It's ridiculous. It's actually interesting because it raises an interesting design question for me which is that when Alien was made it was cutting edge. 'Mother' was cutting edge, and a green CRT monochromatic monitor was cutting edge, you know what I mean? And it's like Aliens: The Director's Cut, with Reel 2 re-inserted, when you're on the colony planet and he's getting print-outs on dot-matrix paper with holes down the side – that sh*t was real man. On the planet, in that future, that was cutting edge. So it's an interesting debate if you look at it from my stand-point, which is do I make my cutting edge... is it cutting edge, or is it actually closer to the first two. Because I wanted to be like it has the same parent. It's a genetic offspring of the first two movies, and Alien Isolation made me question that quite a lot. Because they got it so perfect with all of the late 1970s early '80s tech, it's really cool.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/03/04/how-district-9-director-neill-blomkamp-got-the-alien-gig

After reading that I have more confidence in Alien 5.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

I really need to give Isolation another go. Loved what I played of it but never had the chance to finish.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed