Illfonic Talks Feedback From Predator: Hunting Grounds Trial, Balancing and Fixes!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Apr 20, 2020, 07:51:33 AM

Author
Illfonic Talks Feedback From Predator: Hunting Grounds Trial, Balancing and Fixes! (Read 4,765 times)

AVP-CAPCOM

Quote from: molasar on Apr 21, 2020, 11:48:21 AM
Quote from: AVP-CAPCOM on Apr 21, 2020, 07:50:03 AM
From what I recall though this game is a reskin of the Unreal 4, Unity Engine so would be interesting to know the production budget against gaming sales.

I believe you meant Unreal Engine 4 (game engine) made by Epic which was used for P:HG development (not reskinning of Unreal game).

Unity (game engine) is made by Unity Technologies.

When you download Unreal 4 Engine the link insists you download Unity Engine instead so there is some business to business, cross compatibility going on there.

That's because Unreal 4 engine requires knowledge of coding and C++ (for seasoned commercial game designers) whereas Unity is for individual modders and a lot is pre-set code and brushes.

Its not uncommon for studios producing AAA titles, to use other people's game engines, rather than inventing their own. Some posters here at AVP-G think using Unreal 4 for P-HG was a lazy choice and a glorified fan-game.

I think this is what is making some posters hesitant to purchase. Me personally I still play the PC game avp-2, as its the same game, just with aliens as well.

molasar

molasar

Quote from: AVP-CAPCOM on Apr 23, 2020, 07:27:35 AM
When you download Unreal 4 Engine the link insists you download Unity Engine instead so there is some business to business, cross compatibility going on there.

The game runs on UE4, not Unreal 4 Engine. Are you sure you were downloading it from the official website because there is no link to an Unity engine there?

That's because Unreal 4 engine requires knowledge of coding and C++ (for seasoned commercial game designers) whereas Unity is for individual modders and a lot is pre-set code and brushes.

IllFonic is the most familiar with UE4.

Its not uncommon for studios producing AAA titles, to use other people's game engines, rather than inventing their own. Some posters here at AVP-G think using Unreal 4 for P-HG was a lazy choice and a glorified fan-game.

Nothing new here for me. I am a gamer since the early 80s. IMO those some posters are out of their mind thinking that using a commercial engine is a lazy choice. Completely detached from reality. I guess jealousy feelings play a big role here.

Me personally I still play the PC game avp-2, as its the same game, just with aliens as well.

AvP2 the same game with aliens as well? I miss something here.

Alien Grand Master

Quote from: molasar on Apr 23, 2020, 10:42:15 AM

AvP2 the same game with aliens as well? I miss something here.

Gameplay-wise, AVP2 has more maps, more weapons, and a multiplayer mode dedicated to Predator vs Marine gameplay.  That's kind of all that Predator: Hunting Grounds is offering.

molasar

molasar

Quote from: Alien Grand Master on Apr 24, 2020, 03:44:02 AM
Gameplay-wise, AVP2 has more maps, more weapons, and a multiplayer mode dedicated to Predator vs Marine gameplay.  That's kind of all that Predator: Hunting Grounds is offering.

The first time I played AvP2 was in 2001 and I do not remember it being special gameplay wise for its time. Definitely it is not a better Predator game than P:HG.

Also regarding more weapons. Are you sure about it? And which AvP2 map is more interesting (more complex) than those in P:HG?

PAS Spinelli

Why are you two comparing 2 almost completely different games to one another
Sure AVP2 is the better game but still, it's not a good comparsion

Voodoo Magic

Wow, finished playing it and it's much, MUCH IMPROVED over the beta.

It's 1:32 AM. Goodnight!

molasar

Quote from: PAS Spinelli on Apr 24, 2020, 05:27:34 AM
Why are you two comparing 2 almost completely different games to one another
Sure AVP2 is the better game but still, it's not a good comparsion

You are right about these two games being completely different i.e. they aim to do different things but P:HG is closer to the first two Predator films than AvP2.

Also stating that AvP2 "is the better game" is very questionable. If I was not a fan of Alien or Predator as a gamer since the early 80s, I would not be interested in it in 2001 at all. And no PC gamers I knew back then were hyped about it. Generally they played it, then jumped to a new shinny thing on the horizon.

reign4death {ps4}

iv posted on the PlayStation blog when the trial came out for predator hunting grounds seem good ,but now im 5 games in and only one time did I see pigs to heal .its a challang now but the healing or amount to heal isn't there{ no pigs! } and the fire team is like really hard to kill now for some reason and its starting to lag a lot maybe double the pig amount in the game? or heals buy one? and maybe up the damage of the wrist blads buy like 15% thank you

Le Celticant

I had more "Predator Vibe" playing AVP2 than PHG so far.
Haven't felt the predatorish thing but definitely tasted the COD style and ACM unfinished states for now in this game.

reign4death

if you guys ar following what going on in the game that second wind is BS now all the fire team has to do is track you down to kill you and with there being a timer plus only getting quarter health is not good it takes too long to heal plus you have to do it twice please take out the timer for the second wind o and when the predator heals the fire team should be able to kill you

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed