Aliens: Fireteam Elite Catch All

Started by Corporal Hicks, Mar 09, 2021, 03:26:43 PM

Author
Aliens: Fireteam Elite Catch All (Read 91,876 times)

Drukathi

Drukathi

I played AVP2010 last year and was shocked how good game looks. I can't say the same words about 90% of games between 2010 and 2021. Perhaps this is the merit of DirectX 11 - it is still a hot thing. I also really like the design of xenomorphs - very detailed and neat. In general, the game has a good aesthetic: aliens, predators, CM, androids, environments (especially the nature).

XENOMORPHOSIS

XENOMORPHOSIS

Though rather unlikely is it possible that with some other Alien movie in years to come, in the style of after Alien sequel soft/reboot could utilize the different Alien castes featured in Aliens Colonial Marines, Aliens FireTeam ect or is it likely there's are only featured in games never making a movie appearance? Though you could  say the PredAlien is one exception.

PVTDukeMorrison

PVTDukeMorrison

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 18, 2021, 08:52:39 AM
Quote from: Trash Queen on Jun 17, 2021, 09:44:32 PM
But it does though, for a three generation old ten year old console title it's ridiculously good looking.

Completely agree there. Especially when it's running on PC. 2010 looks fantastic.
It's the ingame lighting, I have no idea what engine they used but the lighting effects were phenomenal, especially the nightclub hive with the strobe lights

Hemi

Hemi

Asura (Rebellion's own engine by the looks of it)

https://www.pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Engine:Asura

The Necronoir

The Necronoir

Quote from: PVTDukeMorrison on Jun 19, 2021, 04:15:41 AM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 18, 2021, 08:52:39 AM
Quote from: Trash Queen on Jun 17, 2021, 09:44:32 PM
But it does though, for a three generation old ten year old console title it's ridiculously good looking.

Completely agree there. Especially when it's running on PC. 2010 looks fantastic.
It's the ingame lighting, I have no idea what engine they used but the lighting effects were phenomenal, especially the nightclub hive with the strobe lights

I think you're spot-on there. One of the things that made their first AVP game of PC really stand out at the time was its dynamic lighting as well. I've never played another game in the decades since where you had such freedom to destroy any and all lighting in the environment and use it to your advantage. As much as Monolith improved on storytelling and gameplay in the sequel, that was an area where I felt they took a huge step backwards.

I'd love to see Rebellion get another shot at an AVP title with a bigger budget and longer development time. The timeframe they had to pull together AVP 2010 was, quite frankly, ludicrous. It's amazing the end product turned out as good as it did (and still is).

Anvil

Anvil

This gameplay on easy or what? Xenos die nearly instantly and dont seem to pose any real danger lol

Still Collating...

I think they mentioned it was on default, standard difficulty. They say they have higher difficulties (implying more then one, so at least two) where acid does a lot more damage (or any since the acid on what they showed was like spicy water, a little irritation), you have few or no respawns, modifiers for example to make only headshots and weak points do any damage (I'll be using that one) and I can assume raise the damage the aliens do.

It does bum me out that they're showing only the lower difficulties, though we haven't seen much footage at all and the journalists aren't the best players, especially when they have to do live commentary, so I do understand. I'm all for having different difficulties (though that does divide the community in online games, like it did for Bug Hunt in ACM), I just hope they give the hard core crowd a good ramp up in difficulty, and more of the simulation feel (the exact words they used recently, so I'm hopeful).

Protomorph

Protomorph

is there still a single player option on this game. I keep hearing lots of multiplayer mentions on latest communications but nothing on a single player since the initial news release?

SuperiorIronman

SuperiorIronman

You can play solo but the other guys will be bots.

molasar

molasar

Quote from: Anvil on Jun 19, 2021, 07:49:13 PM
This gameplay on easy or what? Xenos die nearly instantly and dont seem to pose any real danger lol

Yes, it was on one on the lowest difficulty settings. Also it is not a cinematic walking simulator. And Xeno runners are the weakest that can be seen in available footage. That is why there is not even a life bar displayed for them.

seattle24

seattle24

August 24th. Pre-orders up at Best Buy.

Budget price is alarming if not particularly surprising.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Best Buy discussion to be moved here please  :)

https://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?topic=65027.0

acrediblesource

acrediblesource

So their twitter just got totally locked from public view. Or they completely changed their URL on twitter and everything got locked out.

https://twitter.com/AliensFireteamE

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

It's all good here.

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Quote from: XENOMORPHOSIS on Jun 18, 2021, 03:14:54 PM
Though rather unlikely is it possible that with some other Alien movie in years to come, in the style of after Alien sequel soft/reboot could utilize the different Alien castes featured in Aliens Colonial Marines, Aliens FireTeam ect or is it likely there's are only featured in games never making a movie appearance? Though you could  say the PredAlien is one exception.

If said film wants to be incompatible with cinematic canon, sure.

But it's going to make the audience wonder why none of these things were seen at Hadley's Hope, at all.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed