New The Predator Still in Empire Magazine

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jun 08, 2018, 11:39:45 AM

Author
New The Predator Still in Empire Magazine (Read 36,557 times)

The Old One

The Old One

Quote from: Johnny Handsome on Jun 11, 2018, 04:40:33 PM

Loving the Samurai esque skirt.
Dark Blade Clan anyone?

Really looks fantastic from that angle. 

Lionhart

Lionhart

What's that on his right leg? Disc?

Thanks for the picture Johnny

Hollywood

I think it's just armor on his leg.

Lionhart

Im digging the look so far. I know some would say this predator doesn't look tall enough. Remember the last scene in predator 2? We got introduced to short Predators as well :)

Corporal Hicks

Yeah, it's a fella who tweeted it to us. Will be posting shortly. Getting a lot more of that samurai vibe in this one.

von

Loving the suit design so far. Yup brings to mind this particular set report and interview with the costume designer:

http://www.denofgeek.com/us/movies/the-predator/273522/the-predator-reinventing-the-myth-on-the-set

QuoteWhen Trish Monaghan shows us the new armor she's designed for the Predator, for instance, it has a medieval quality to its design, as if it belongs to a ritualized order of knights. One element she is particularly proud of is his new armor his back-flap, evoking feudal Japan.

"It's a bit Samurai, so it was able to cover, so he wasn't too exposed," she says of how it covers some of the musculature in the legs while still showcasing the familiar shape of what Schwarzenegger memorably deemed to be "one ugly motherf**ker."

426Buddy

Love it

PredBabe

So cool, love it.

The Old One

The Old One

Peculiar, doesn't seem like he's wearing a mask.

Master

I hope small detiles about predator are in, like pressure tubes attatched to mask.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Beautiful ! I love the design ! Indeed he doesn't look that tall from that angle. But maybe that's what it is, an angle problem.

Yes he seems to have his mask off.

And to think that recently some people said this looked like a cosplay costume  :laugh:

Jeez, i swear sometimes people really don't know what they are talking about and don't seem grounded enough to form relevant opinions.

The Old One

The Old One

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Jun 11, 2018, 05:46:23 PM
Snip

Unless that's praise for really good cosplay that does exist.

ELDERCLANLEADER

Bigdaddyjohn ... couldn't put it better myself , some people are just boring and can't accept new ideas , it's as if they just enjoy hating on something for the sake of it ain't it ? Anyway I love the design , and it looks completely legit imo  ;D

azamultic

Love it! Slowly slowly starting liking new design. Also I think actor not tall like Kevin but, this is just photo from the set, I mean they can totally fool people in movie with height differences, like Green Mile. Also if he does happenes to be shorter, thats not a big problem for me) Predator 2 had plenty short predators  ;)

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: The Old One on Jun 11, 2018, 06:03:44 PM
Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Jun 11, 2018, 05:46:23 PM
Snip

Unless that's praise for really good cosplay that does exist.

Indeed it does exist, but nowhere near the quality of a big movie costume, that's when the grounded part comes in, you have to be just a little grounded to realize and admit that fact.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed