NECA Alien: Covenant Figures

Started by Corporal Hicks, Sep 06, 2016, 07:52:31 AM

Author
NECA Alien: Covenant Figures (Read 94,564 times)

Predaker

Predaker

Quote from: skhellter on Apr 29, 2017, 05:56:00 AM
NECA makes cheap toys that more often than not break as soon as you take them out of the box. Their quality control is horrible.
And every once in a while they put out really poorly sculpted toys like the Covenant Xeno

Their quality control really does leave something to be desired.

Rich

Rich

The Alien figure looks like it's doing Peter Crouch's robot dance goal celebration

Blood Warrior

Blood Warrior

Quote from: Predaker on Apr 29, 2017, 05:48:17 PM
NECA makes cheap toys that more often than not break as soon as you take them out of the box. Their quality control is horrible.
And every once in a while they put out really poorly sculpted toys like the Covenant Xeno

I've bought three City Hunter Predator's that were all broken.  The first one's arm wouldn't stay on.  The second one's computer lid was broken.  The same with the third with an added bonus of a broken staff and they didn't remove enough of the plastic on the disk.

skhellter

skhellter

Bought 3 figures from them. All were broken.

:/

This is way too common.

Russ840

Russ840

I have 3 figures and i am lucky enough that not one has been broken. Lol you watch now. Ultinate jungle hunter (my next Neca purchase) will be broken when he turns up.

Denton Smalls

Denton Smalls

Damn. It's so ironic because the details of the sculpts are so good yet they sound like they fall apart easily.

I would take sturdiness over detail any day if I was planning on taking them out of the box.

I've also read on here that the NECA creature figures seem to break more often than the human ones. Have you experienced that?

Blood Warrior

Blood Warrior

I was going to take back the Ultimate City Hunter, but I fixed it.  I had to glue the staff and cut away the plastic.  For display purposes it works.  My Jungle Hunter was fine.  No issues at all with that one.

The figures look great.  The accessories are always interesting and add to the figure.  I'm really careful with them for fear of them breaking. 

Deathbearer

Deathbearer

Quote from: Predaker on Apr 29, 2017, 05:48:17 PM

That's why I never take my NECA stuff out of the boxes

windebieste

windebieste

I hate taking NECA figures out of their packaging... once removed, the packaging is destroyed.  Gah...  It's not like you can just slip a knife to break a small length of sticky tape and then easily open the package.

-Windebieste.

Alien Runner

Alien Runner

Alien Runner would love to buy these toys for his 5 year old nephews.

windebieste

windebieste

Yup.  Sounds appropriate to me. 

Not only does 'ALIEN' have a long history of delivering toys based on R-rated movies deemed suitable for children of your nephew's age group; but the first film actually started this trend all the way back in 1979.

-Windebieste.

echobbase79

echobbase79

Woozy Moo has the Covenant Figures up for pre-order. I'll probably just pick up the neomorph.

https://www.woozymoo.com/collections/neca

I keep my figures in the box so I haven't experienced any figures falling apart. I wouldn't doubt it though. 

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Personally I'm gonna wait until we see more product photos.

echobbase79

echobbase79

I'm wondering if they put more effort into the neomorph than they did with the regular xeno? I don't hate the other figure, but it's got problems.

Sabres21768

Sabres21768

Quote from: echobbase79 on May 07, 2017, 04:28:16 AM

I'm wondering if they put more effort into the neomorph than they did with the regular xeno? I don't hate the other figure, but it's got problems.
I open all of mine and issues are RARE.
This is mainly people jumping on the hate bandwagon.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed