NECA Aliens

Started by DerelictShip, Jul 07, 2013, 12:50:59 AM

Author
NECA Aliens (Read 814,839 times)

windebieste

windebieste

Ya.  For sure.  I just don't find it that satisfying.  I can't see myself purchasing this item.  Oh well... It's not like I've got a shortage on my Want List.  I really don't need another, "Oh Hellz, YEAH!  I Gotta get that!" item on my list.

I'm sure NECA's upcoming 'ALIEN: Covenant' figures will fill that role in a much more satisfying way.  Before you know it, the intervening 12 weeks (or so) between now and the release of that movie will be over in a flash and we'll be drooling over the new NECA 'A:C' figures.  Yeah.  I want to see those before I slap down cash on a figure I already own that's been given a new head and color scheme. 

-Windebieste.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: Sabres21768 on Feb 10, 2017, 10:07:50 PM
Pic of the new Aliens: Defiance xeno coming from NECA.
I can dig it. I'll probably pick one up.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

It may not be a completely new take but I dig the head. Closest we'll get to a Praetorian for the minute. I'll pick one of these up, quite happily.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

I'm nowhere near up to date on reading Defiance, is it actually like literally a Praetorian in the comics? What issue does it show up in? And is the figure's design specifically based on the Praetorian design?

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

It appears in issue #2 and Extravehicular. It's not totally clear what exactly it is, but issue #2 might imply that it produces eggs, so it may be involved in eggmorphing. I could be wrong, though.

Sabres21768

Sabres21768

Quote from: Ultramorph on Feb 12, 2017, 03:45:56 AM
It appears in issue #2 and Extravehicular. It's not totally clear what exactly it is, but issue #2 might imply that it produces eggs, so it may be involved in eggmorphing. I could be wrong, though.

There was a quick shot of egg morphing in issue 1. When asked about it, Tristan stated that we may see it in later issues. So I think you're right.

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

I would love it if we got a figure of the U-headed xenomorph that Tristan posted a concept of back in July. I'm not sure if it will ever actually appear in the comics, but I'm still curious about what it could have been.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: Ultramorph on Feb 12, 2017, 04:58:04 PM
I would love it if we got a figure of the U-headed xenomorph that Tristan posted a concept of back in July. I'm not sure if it will ever actually appear in the comics, but I'm still curious about what it could have been.
Do you have a link?

Sabres21768

Sabres21768

Quote from: Xenomrph on Feb 12, 2017, 08:43:41 PM

Do you have a link?

tyrannosaurusjones

tyrannosaurusjones

Quote from: Sabres21768 on Feb 11, 2017, 01:43:44 AM
To be fair, Tristan Jones has stated he based its design in Defiance on the Isolation xeno and it was drawn as such. So it is accurate.

This. The head change came about because of Covenant and the Big Chap being taken off the table for the time being. Originally it WAS the Isolation version of the Big Chap. Changed the head, now it's Big Ugly.

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

Quote from: Sabres21768 on Feb 13, 2017, 02:10:37 AM

Do you have a link?

Thats...interesting.
It's not something I'm opposed to seeing, but it is odd looking.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: JokersWarPig on Feb 13, 2017, 12:57:55 PM
Quote from: Sabres21768 on Feb 13, 2017, 02:10:37 AM

Do you have a link?

Thats...interesting.
It's not something I'm opposed to seeing, but it is odd looking.
I, uh, yeah. I'm not sure how I feel about that design. It sure is a unique take on an Alien, though.

Foofighter

Foofighter

Hello fellow collectors.

I only just started collecting some Neca Predators and would like to add some Aliens to the mix as well.

Mainly I would like the standard drone or warrior and perhaps a big chap type. As with recent Predators that jave updated articulation, is there some recommended Aliens to pick up, or will some better ones release soon so better waiting?

Also will there be a re-release of the Queen by any chance?

Any recommendations welcome.

Thx,
G

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

Quote from: Foofighter on Feb 13, 2017, 06:44:12 PM
Hello fellow collectors.

I only just started collecting some Neca Predators and would like to add some Aliens to the mix as well.

Mainly I would like the standard drone or warrior and perhaps a big chap type. As with recent Predators that jave updated articulation, is there some recommended Aliens to pick up, or will some better ones release soon so better waiting?

Also will there be a re-release of the Queen by any chance?

Any recommendations welcome.

Thx,
G

A re-release of the queen has been confirmed.
As far as aliens goes I'm not sure we'll see a re-release of the brown/blue/black warriors anytime soon. They're still easy to find on amazon and ebay, I've seen them listed still as only slightly above retail price.

As far as the most recent releases goes the albino warrior and the gorilla alien are very solid figures all around.

PRJ_since1990

PRJ_since1990

Just uploaded my review of the Series 9 Frost and Vasquez figures! Enjoy!!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed