New Alien First Person Shooter in development @ Cold Iron Studios

Started by Moosh89, Jan 17, 2018, 05:20:48 PM

Author
New Alien First Person Shooter in development @ Cold Iron Studios (Read 154,346 times)

The Old One

Russ840

Where did that date come from ?

The Old One

The Old One

;)

Venum117

Venum117

20th Century Fox, which holds the rights of the license, has indeed filed with the EUIPO the brand "Alien: Blackout" and, yes, it is a video game, with online features . As a reminder, the studio had already announced that it was developing a game in virtual reality, and he recently bought Cold Iron to work on another Alien title, without further details. :o ;D

Russ840

The Old One

The Old One

Indeed!

Perfect-Organism

My bet is on a world infestation.  Maybe earth?  Although they may be animals, they cut the power.  Blackout.

Nostromo

The Old One, you told me to come back December 6, wth man lol, thought you were on top of everything. Alien Blackout sounds great.

Adam802

Adam802

So excited!

Blackout...hmm....

"They cut the power."  "What do you mean they cut the power?  How could they cut the power, man?  They're animals!"

MattFiler

I'd fail to believe it's Cold Iron's shooter due to the name of "Alien" instead of "Aliens", however with the Kojima visit and the timing of The Game Awards, I would guess this could be an early reveal. Kojima's been visiting studios recently to see game demos, so would make sense to visit Fox to see how this project is doing if he's a fan of the IP. Interested to know how far along it is since its only been in development for, what, two years at most?

The Game Awards tagline of "Worlds Will Change" is also suspiciously similar to "Building Better Worlds", along with the VHS screen in the original promo art that looks quite Aliens-y. Their promotional video's glitchy animation style is also very similar to that used in Prometheus.

Perfect-Organism

Are we sure it's Alien: Blackout and not Aliens: Blackout?  Anyway, cool name.  You know they mostly come at night... mostly..

D88M

Online multiplayer shooter? Count me out then, not wasting my money on that kind of gimmick.

The Old One

The Old One

Yes, the trademark is "Alien: Blackout" it's 100% -that, and "ALIEN" not "ALIENS" -bear in mind-

ALIEN The Cold Forge
&
ALIEN Isolation

Both feature multiple Aliens.

Frankly I think of "Aliens" as singularly the title of James Cameron's 1986 seminal picture.
To me, it's the Alien franchise, not the Aliens franchise.
(& Most things that have "Aliens" in the title rather than "Alien" have a habit of being pretty crap IMO.)

Quote from: D88M on Nov 24, 2018, 07:10:38 PM
Online multiplayer shooter? Count me out then, not wasting my money on that kind of gimmick.

I can sympathise, but I hope it's only a component and also features a Campaign- much like the original Bungie Halo titles.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: The Old One on Nov 24, 2018, 03:22:22 PM
Time for a thread title change, and maybe even new subforum.

When it's confirmed.  :)

QuoteCity blackout? A term for losing contact with a colony or space station/other habitat?

I'd say that's a safe bet! Alien makes me think it's going to be space-based, rather than colony based though.

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Nov 24, 2018, 05:25:39 PM
My bet is on a world infestation.  Maybe earth?  Although they may be animals, they cut the power.  Blackout.

I wouldn't imagine they'd go to Earth anymore.

Quote from: D88M on Nov 24, 2018, 07:10:38 PM

As hesitant as I am about the idea of a Destiny-like shooter, I'm going to wait to actually see something before judging it.

PredAlien BG386

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed