New Alien First Person Shooter in development @ Cold Iron Studios

Started by Moosh89, Jan 17, 2018, 05:20:48 PM

Author
New Alien First Person Shooter in development @ Cold Iron Studios (Read 154,413 times)

SM

Quote from: Hemi on Oct 16, 2018, 08:47:12 AM
Will the Disney take-over of Fox have any effect on the games? Or is that a different division or something.

No one truly knows until the purchase goes through in January.

For now everything is business as usual.

Kurai

I think a Civilization-esque game would be a wonderful direction for an Aliens game to go.
Maybe have a bit more in the way of a city builder, managing a colony or a hive, battling it out for dominance of a map.
Barring that, I wish they'd just bring Extinction to PC with a proper skirmish mode and online multiplayer. T_T

As for an Aliens FPS, atmosphere and story will be key. I liked the toughness of the Warriors in AVP2010, at least on the difficulty mode I played on. I don't think the Xenos should go down easily unless you have a really powerful gun. Forcing the player to think about whether facing off against the Xenos is a wise option would be nice.

The Old One

The Old One

Creative Assembly's pedigree's RTS. Ironic.

Praise Al Hope.

TheSailingRabbit

Quote from: Kurai on Nov 01, 2018, 05:10:18 PM
Forcing the player to think about whether facing off against the Xenos is a wise option would be nice.

The achievement for not facing Xenos should be called, "With those things running around?! You can count me out!"

The Cruentus

Quote from: TheSailingRabbit on Nov 01, 2018, 05:25:39 PM
Forcing the player to think about whether facing off against the Xenos is a wise option would be nice.

The achievement for not facing Xenos should be called, "With those things running around?! You can count me out!"

The next one should be "Bishop should go" if the action is repeated or if you force an android NPC to do something  :laugh:

TheSailingRabbit

Quote from: The Cruentus on Nov 02, 2018, 01:00:30 AM
Quote from: TheSailingRabbit on Nov 01, 2018, 05:25:39 PM

The next one should be "Bishop should go" if the action is repeated or if you force an android NPC to do something  :laugh:

Controlling androids to go right past Xenos would be a cool feature. Not just giving orders, but pressing a key or button to take manual control.

The Old One

The Old One

I hope the new FPS is superior to the last two at least, AVP 2010's mediocre incarnate and ACM...

https://avp.wikia.com/wiki/Aliens:_Colonial_Marines_goofs

The whole game's a Goof.

JokersWarPig

I thought the only thing AVP2010 did wrong was make go through most of the marine campaign alone. Visually and story wise it was a lot better than ACM.

The Old One

The Old One

Bowel movements are better than ACM.

AVP 2010's mediocre, there's nothing special about it.
Monolith's AVP is what they should have built off, but they didn't.
But it's serviceable and inoffensive.

Nostromo

Any news on this game? Someone said announcement imminent..

The Old One

The Old One

Check back December 6th.

Seegson

TheSailingRabbit

That's a pretty cool title.

The Old One

The Old One

Time for a thread title change, and maybe even new subforum.

City blackout?
A term for losing contact with a colony or space station/other habitat?
Fixing the naming convention?

When in the timeline will it take place I ponder.

Still Collating...

Yes! Good find. Any new info is good news in my eyes. The title's not bad, seems interesting. I'm trying so hard to deduce any information on the game just from the little bits of info we have but I'm not really getting anywhere other than wild speculation.

Need more news!  :laugh:

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed