New Alien First Person Shooter in development @ Cold Iron Studios

Started by Moosh89, Jan 17, 2018, 05:20:48 PM

Author
New Alien First Person Shooter in development @ Cold Iron Studios (Read 155,762 times)

TheSailingRabbit

Quote from: Huggs on Oct 28, 2018, 01:57:15 PM
Quote from: No Name on Oct 28, 2018, 08:41:07 AM
"Alien First Person shooter..."

So basically they're going to remake ACM but have it so that it isn't garbage...

Ok.

It's likely some online monstrosity. No story, no campaign, and the servers will be shut down in a few years. Why bother making it? Beats me.

Remaking A:CM so it doesn't suck? We should be so lucky.

Hey, maybe we'll get better movie skins. The A:CM ones aren't overly terrible, but Hudson looks like he started retaining water.

The Old One

The Old One

Unwarranted pessimism.

Vertigo

Vertigo

Quote from: quijju on Oct 16, 2018, 04:39:45 AM
Quote from: OpenMaw on Aug 07, 2018, 03:01:23 AM
Quote from: PVTDukeMorrison on Aug 06, 2018, 11:39:07 PM
Has there been any updates on this? I feel like there's someone here who knows stuff but are under NDA. It's okay, you can tell us.

C'mere... Listen. Shh. Listen.

Spoiler

You can shoot aliens.

With guns.
[close]

It's going to be greeaaat.

Well like it or not that is what Aliens is associated with. Comparing sales of Alien Isolation vs action oriented games definitely attests to this.

Do the sales bear that out? Looking on VGChartz, Isolation sold roughly the same number of copies as AvP2010 and significantly more than Colonial Marines. VGChartz doesn't include Steam sales, but SteamDB lists Isolation's peak players as more than double that of AvP's. I can't find figures for the older games, but it looks like Isolation may be the highest-grossing Alien game of all time, or tied for that honour with AvP2010.

The Old One

The Old One

It is.

SEGA = unrealistic expectations.
Alien Isolation (Stealth Survival Horror) ≠ COD numbers.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: No Name on Oct 28, 2018, 08:41:07 AM
"Alien First Person shooter..."

So basically they're going to remake ACM but have it so that it isn't garbage...

Ok.

There are other Alien shooters than just ACM. ACM was just supposed to be the pinnacle. Personally, I'd like to see them do an ACM that is actually good.

But I do worry it's going to be some sort of Destiny/Borderlands type of thing. I tried D2 but it didn't seem to have enough story and I got bored of it pretty quickly.

No Name

No Name

^
Yes, there are other Aliens shooters. And that's the point. Lets say, for the sake of argument, they make something close to the quality of say, Doom 16.

I still wouldn't find it interesting, because to me, it's a massively outdated concept. Go from point A to point B, shoot some Xenos and huggers, maybe some humans, fight a Queen, the end. We've had ACM, Trilogy, Res and three AvP games with pretty much the same concept already.

I would have loved to see them try something like Aliens: Crucible, or perhaps even an infestation simulator combining elements of AvP Extinction's Alien campaign with world building elements.

I suppose those would be risky ventures though.

Wouldn't be surprised if Huggs' prediction turns out to be correct.

TheSailingRabbit

I enjoy shooters, but I'm all for an Aliens RPG. I'm just a sucker for creating characters and getting immersed in a world and getting emotionally attached to everything.

If they can combine those two elements, that'd be great, but I imagine that's too much to ask, and way too expensive to make.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: No Name on Oct 29, 2018, 12:02:44 PM
^
Yes, there are other Aliens shooters. And that's the point. Lets say, for the sake of argument, they make something close to the quality of say, Doom 16.

I still wouldn't find it interesting, because to me, it's a massively outdated concept. Go from point A to point B, shoot some Xenos and huggers, maybe some humans, fight a Queen, the end. We've had ACM, Trilogy, Res and three AvP games with pretty much the same concept already.

That's fair enough and I wouldn't argue with that. I'd just like to see them do a squad based thing and it actually be good!

The Old One

The Old One

Alien CO-OP Tactical FPS?

Quality...
Who knows?

Isolation's Creative Assembly's first, FP-SH.

Chris!(($$))!

Chris!(($$))!

A combination of Alien: Isolation and Tom Clancy's The Division could make for an interesting ALIENS game.

Shit... just place a ALIENS skin over The Division and you'd have a pretty fun game.

Instead of New York City being hit by a super virus and criminals running rampant while having to fight a mercenary force it would be Colonial Marines or some other military force in the ALIENS universe being sent in to to deal with a Colony that has gone silent. Personally I'd like it to not even be a Colony but a full on established city on some planet.

Throw in some of Alien: Isolation's great horror aspects and tone down the Division RPG elements somewhat. Keep it open world but always dark, maybe even take some Dying Light elements where you get day light every now and then and thats when its safest. You can come across survivors and its really in your interest to save survivors or else they could be used as hosts.

Have a gloomy opening telling us that the Colony/City has a population of a million or something, just massive number so we know that shit has gone south.

Whatever they do I think they need to separate themselves from the canon restrictions of the movies or set it after ALIEN3 or after A:R.

The Old One

The Old One

The Division is trash IMO

I despise modern MMOs.

Single Player/Multiplayer Dead Space esque; Horror Pithee.

Chris!(($$))!

I don't know if I would call the Division an MMO.

It has some very lite MMO features but its mainly a shooter with some RPG elements.

I don't think we'll be getting a tactical game as much as we all want it. But then again, they let Alien: Isolation be more of a hardcore SH than a typical horror shooter.

The Old One

The Old One

& Alien Isolation is CA's first FPS/Non-RTS.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Chris!(($$))! on Oct 31, 2018, 06:17:28 AM
A combination of Alien: Isolation and Tom Clancy's The Division could make for an interesting ALIENS game.

That's not a bad shout to be honest. I do expect those kind of elements from the persistent online world comments. Division was another one I couldn't really get in to. I can't really get into those kind of games. I'd certainly give it a shot if that's where they're going with this, though.

TheSailingRabbit

Quote from: Chris!(($$))! on Oct 31, 2018, 06:17:28 AM

Shit... just place a ALIENS skin over The Division and you'd have a pretty fun game.

Instead of New York City being hit by a super virus and criminals running rampant while having to fight a mercenary force it would be Colonial Marines or some other military force in the ALIENS universe being sent in to to deal with a Colony that has gone silent. Personally I'd like it to not even be a Colony but a full on established city on some planet.

Throw in some of Alien: Isolation's great horror aspects and tone down the Division RPG elements somewhat. Keep it open world but always dark, maybe even take some Dying Light elements where you get day light every now and then and thats when its safest. You can come across survivors and its really in your interest to save survivors or else they could be used as hosts.

Have a gloomy opening telling us that the Colony/City has a population of a million or something, just massive number so we know that shit has gone south.

Whatever they do I think they need to separate themselves from the canon restrictions of the movies or set it after ALIEN3 or after A:R.

Setting in a large colony with urban elements would be awesome. If we can explore the map, that'd be even better.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed