New Alien First Person Shooter in development @ Cold Iron Studios

Started by Moosh89, Jan 17, 2018, 05:20:48 PM

Author
New Alien First Person Shooter in development @ Cold Iron Studios (Read 156,670 times)

D. Compton Ambrose

I've turned in like 100 applications lol

PVTDukeMorrison

Quote from: Wweyland on Aug 20, 2018, 07:58:41 AM
Quote from: Dingbat on Aug 19, 2018, 02:41:49 PM
I've been playing alien Resurrection recently, it is very hard and the Aliens kill you in about 2 hits, something similar but with multiplayer and better controls would sure be good.
The game gets a bad rap for the controls but is actually great with a mouse. It's a good survival game.
What's funny about the controls controversy, if I remember correctly, is that it used dual analog for aiming and movement, which was unheard of at the time

Corporal Hicks

The Cruentus

Perhaps we can alert the former members of CA to take a look at those offers.   ;D

The Old One

The Old One

One instance where I wished I lived in America, what a shame.

quijju

Quote from: OpenMaw on Aug 07, 2018, 03:01:23 AM
Quote from: PVTDukeMorrison on Aug 06, 2018, 11:39:07 PM
Has there been any updates on this? I feel like there's someone here who knows stuff but are under NDA. It's okay, you can tell us.

C'mere... Listen. Shh. Listen.

Spoiler

You can shoot aliens.

With guns.
[close]

It's going to be greeaaat.

Well like it or not that is what Aliens is associated with. Comparing sales of Alien Isolation vs action oriented games definitely attests to this. Unfortunately it looks like this game is on permanent hold along with hope for the franchise.

The Old One

The Old One

Nonsense.

Corporal Hicks

They're still hiring for the game. It'd certainly be nice to hear something more but I don't believe it's on hold.

Hemi

Will the Disney take-over of Fox have any effect on the games? Or is that a different division or something.

Corporal Hicks

It's entirely unknown at this point.

Corporal Hicks

I can't recall if we've seen anything of the engine before. From this job posting, I'd expect it's going to be built using Unreal.

https://virtumente.com/job/senior-world-builder-cold-iron-studios/

Huggs

"Senior World Builder"

I like it. It sounds like "The God Job".

TheSailingRabbit

I take it you need experience or college to work there. I'd take up writing the story in a heartbeat, if that was possible.

No Name

"Alien First Person shooter..."

So basically they're going to remake ACM but have it so that it isn't garbage...

Ok.

Huggs

Quote from: No Name on Oct 28, 2018, 08:41:07 AM
"Alien First Person shooter..."

So basically they're going to remake ACM but have it so that it isn't garbage...

Ok.

It's likely some online monstrosity. No story, no campaign, and the servers will be shut down in a few years. Why bother making it? Beats me.

Remaking A:CM so it doesn't suck? We should be so lucky.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed