Free League Publishing Announce Alien: The Roleplaying Game

Started by Corporal Hicks, Apr 26, 2019, 05:35:38 PM

Author
Free League Publishing Announce Alien: The Roleplaying Game (Read 161,869 times)

Kailem

Quote from: Local Trouble on Apr 27, 2021, 08:14:58 PM
Tell him the UPP fighter better look like a Hind or a MiG.

Given that the Aliens dropship was partially designed to resemble a Huey I always thought that any UPP dropship should have elements of a Hind. A MiG-styled fighter would for sure be a great approach though.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Xenomrph on Apr 27, 2021, 08:15:22 PM
I've never seen that before

It's what you call a "kitbash". Built from different model kits.

The cockpit section is from a Le Mans Porsche and the rear half is from a Macross VF-1 Valkyrie. So there's a little bit of Robotech in the Alienverse.  ;)

Quote from: Kailem on Apr 27, 2021, 09:06:42 PM
Quote from: Local Trouble on Apr 27, 2021, 08:14:58 PM
Tell him the UPP fighter better look like a Hind or a MiG.

Given that the Aliens dropship was partially designed to resemble a Huey I always thought that any UPP dropship should have elements of a Hind.

There was something like that in Raised by Wolves. Built from a real Hind Gunship cockpit section:

SM

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Apr 27, 2021, 03:51:35 PM
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Apr 26, 2021, 07:07:43 PM
Seeing fighters like this in the Alien universe is very odd; gives me more of a Battlestar Galactica impression, to be honest.

Agreed, but to be fair, Aliens had this fighter-like ship at Gateway station. I think it was supposed to be a service shuttle or something but it is clearly heavily armed:

"clearly heavily armed"...?

Local Trouble

It gots Robotech, yo!  Prolly has all those missiles and shit.

SM

Needs more wave motion GunZ.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: SM on Apr 28, 2021, 04:04:57 AM
"clearly heavily armed"...?

Those little round thingamajigs on the side next to the cockpit with the uh.. guns on them.

You are of course welcome to pretend they're welding lasers or whatever. It's only a pretend spaceship at the end of the day.

SM

Considering the ship mounted guns we've seen don't look like that, "clearly heavily armed" seemed to be a bit of a stretch.

Local Trouble

True, the Alienverse has a tendency to give its ships lots of spikes, prongs and tubes that resemble weapons but aren't.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

QuoteConsidering the ship mounted guns we've seen don't look like that, "clearly heavily armed" seemed to be a bit of a stretch.

It's a set of guns from a Tamiya military kit. Why is it a "bit of a stretch" to assume they are guns on the ship as well?

If you want to assume they are a pair of unicorn horns then that's fine by me. I'm not going to harass you about it.

SM

I'm very grateful.

Local Trouble

This thread got funny.

Kradan

Uuuuuunicorrrrrns, hrrrrmmmpffffff !!!

Spoiler
[close]

SM

Unicorn horn - Damage 4/ Range short/ Size I/ Cost $4,200,000/ Armor Piercing

judge death

Find it worrying that the expansion was set to be released in mars and missed alien day and now we are in may and no word of any progress. any official news or updates when we will have a date for the expansion?  ???

Kailem

They updated the pre-order page to say June now, so I wouldn't expect a physical release this month either.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed