Celebrate Predator: Hunting Grounds' One Year Anniversary release update!

Started by Voodoo Magic, Apr 29, 2021, 03:55:22 PM

Author
Celebrate Predator: Hunting Grounds' One Year Anniversary release update! (Read 5,106 times)

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Celebrate Predator: Hunting Grounds' One Year Anniversary with a release on Steam, a new map, and more!
https://www.avpgalaxy.net/2021/04/29/celebrate-predator-hunting-grounds-one-year-anniversary-with-a-release-on-steam-a-new-map-and-more/

Voodoo Magic

Kailem

Phew! At least it wasn't the lawsuit!  :D

Steam launch indeed, and Airstrip like we all figured. And they added Dutch's shoulder mask too! And Mr Black's! It says it's early access and that it'll be available via gameplay in December, which is a super long time away given their previous track record. Buy regardless, maybe that means he'll be the October DLC (given that the "fee for everyone" parts of paid DLC usually go free two months later)?

Either way I hope it doesn't mean they've given up on him completely. And on a similar subject; no Isabelle again. Bit random that there's essentially no real paid DLC for the non-Steam version with this update, since you have to buy the masks along with all the other Predators if you want them. But I wasn't going to get the masks on their own anyway, so I'll gladly take the new map instead!

But yeah, I'd say "maybe she's going to be the next update", since it looks like they're just going with "generic fireteam outline" this time, but then I've said that for the last two updates now, so who knows. :P

Either way, looking forward to giving Airstrip a go finally!

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Kailem on Apr 29, 2021, 04:19:26 PM
Phew! At least it wasn't the lawsuit!  :D

Hear! Hear!

Quote from: Kailem on Apr 29, 2021, 04:19:26 PM
Either way I hope it doesn't mean they've given up on him completely. And on a similar subject; no Isabelle again. Bit random that there's essentially no real paid DLC for the non-Steam version with this update, since you have to buy the masks along with all the other Predators if you want them. But I wasn't going to get the masks on their own anyway, so I'll gladly take the new map instead!

But yeah, I'd say "maybe she's going to be the next update", since it looks like they're just going with "generic fireteam outline" this time, but then I've said that for the last two updates now, so who knows. :P

Either way, looking forward to giving Airstrip a go finally!

Yeah, I'm a little bit bummed over a lack of Isabelle. And it's strange that there wasn't a Paid DLC non-Steam. Very strange. Was she supposed to be the Paid DLC but was pulled at the last minute? Let the conspiracy theories begin!  :laugh:

But here's hoping she finally arrives in June!🤞

Voodoo Magic

Now I won't be on until tonight to confirm, but it seems if you bought all the DLCs individually, you will have to buy them all over again to get these three very cool masks, or wait until they're free in December?

PAS Spinelli

I TOLD YOU ALL AIRSTRIP WAS COMING ON THE NEXT UPDATE

It just took almost 3 months for it to come haha
Headquarters is scheduled for update 10 btw

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: PAS Spinelli on Apr 29, 2021, 05:59:49 PM
I TOLD YOU ALL AIRSTRIP WAS COMING ON THE NEXT UPDATE

It just took almost 3 months for it to come haha

Yes you did!  :laugh:

Also...

Smart Disc
Increased disc count from 1 to 3
Lowered audio from Smart Disc while not boosted
Reduced default speed
Increased maximum speed
Increased control time

Wweyland

This turned out quite well, especially happy that it's now on Steam.
However, its not cheap - 40 EUR for base game and the 50 EUR Predator Bundle doesn't even include the human DLC-s.
Also, unclear if my Epic Account progress would migrate over to Steam? Probably not though and that's fine, I'm just level 28.

Kailem

They also finally seem to have added all the free fireteam and Predator weapon skins, as well as Alpha and Elder skins, in to the loot boxes. No doubt for the Steam release. I just bought a bunch of them and got mostly Alpha and Elder shaders, which means I definitely blew all my vert a bit too early!

Wweyland

Just caved and bought the Steam version. Runs even better than the Epic Launcher one! Love that it has achievements.

Samhain13

Samhain13

Pros:

PHG on Steam, PC community might not be so small anymore.

Predator specializations to make things fair and make the classes more unique to engage with different playstyle, melee is finally an option now.

New Map and modifiers for private matches.

New customizations and trophies.

You have 3 smart disks now.

Cons:

Progress from Epic won't carry over to steam + at least here in Brazil its quite more expensive to buy the game there.

Valkyrie was nerfed.

You need to buy an expensive DLC pack bundle to use the 3 new masks and warpaints that have been added, no idea when they will become available

Mixed about it:

Radio is no longer visible at the start of match.

Last Man Standing will now begin when all your other teammates are downed/dead instead of only applying once your teammates are dead.

SizzyBubbles

OMG

It's on Steam??? At long last?!?!  ;D ;D ;D

The Shuriken

PAS Spinelli

Quote from: Samhain13 on Apr 29, 2021, 10:17:37 PM
Pros:

PHG on Steam, PC community might not be so small anymore.

Predator specializations to make things fair and make the classes more unique to engage with different playstyle, melee is finally an option now.

New Map and modifiers for private matches.

New customizations and trophies.

You have 3 smart disks now.

Cons:

Progress from Epic won't carry over to steam + at least here in Brazil its quite more expensive to buy the game there.

Valkyrie was nerfed.

You need to buy an expensive DLC pack bundle to use the 3 new masks and warpaints that have been added, no idea when they will become available

Mixed about it:

Radio is no longer visible at the start of match.

Last Man Standing will now begin when all your other teammates are downed/dead instead of only applying once your teammates are dead.
Brazilian too, the base game price was increased, but all DLCs are more expensive on Steam

Also, I assume the stuff in the bundle are from free classes

Voodoo Magic

I must say the roof exfil on the Airstrip map is definitely badass! 

And so is the smart disc improvements!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed