Pre-Release Q&A With Illfonic

Started by Corporal Hicks, Oct 25, 2019, 10:28:08 AM

Author
Pre-Release Q&A With Illfonic (Read 2,831 times)

Corporal Hicks

So all being well RidgeTop and I should be chatting to Jared Gerritzen (CCO-Creative Director) and Charles Brungardt (CEO). As always I wanted to give you all a chance to submit your own questions. Please feel free to double up on questions as the ones that are requested more frequently are more likely to make it in to this.

Voodoo Magic

City Map!

City Map!

City Map!

And please try to get out of Gerritzen what THIS meant:

QuoteGerritzen: "We have been working closely with Fox on the canon of it all; on where Predator: Hunting Grounds fits within the Predator universe and timelines. It was great. They opened up a lot to us. There are things we got to see that the public hasn't. They've been super open to us adding to the canon of the Predator universe."

molasar

molasar

Is the 'old painless' with a handguard from M60 MG going to be in the game or any other stuff from Predator 1987 (characters skins, music, weapons, guerrilla's camp, helicopters, etc.)?

Kailem

Kailem

On the Predator side, will there be set loadouts/classes like there were with the various Jasons in F13, or will we be able to mix and match our weaponry and abilities?

And on a similar note, will there be different Predator skins to choose from, either separate from or part of the loadouts/classes?

Also yes, any plans for city map DLC? ;D

SuperiorIronman

SuperiorIronman

I hope I didn't miss the deadline for this;

-Any chance of seeing a Game preserve map?

-If we ever got a Game Preserve would we see "local" creatures the Predators picked up and dropped there like the River Ghost?

-Will the Super Predators be customization options be it armor, their breed, or the cinematic Super Predators themselves?

-With Genetic alterations being used by the Assassin Predator, would any of that be worked in as game-play elements to explain certain abilities like the exoskeleton?

-Will there be a mode where there is more than one Predator given it's established they do come in threes?

-Will there be any Predator versus Predator modes even if not at release?

-Will there be variations on weapons like the Smart-disk and Shuriken?

-Can the Predator plant traps (mines)?

-What's the extent of customizing the Predator? Is it skins or is it armor parts?

-Are the Predator's customization limited to the films or can you pull from other sources like the Kenner figures and does that apply to weapons even if it's just skins?

- If enough people expressed interest in an expansion, could we see Aliens Versus Predator make it's way to the game even if it is just a Predalien?

-Any chance of seeing the hunting dogs?

-Will gadgets like the Predator Falcon be used?

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: SuperiorIronman on Oct 25, 2019, 11:57:02 PM

It's not booked in 100% yet but hopefully it'll be next weekend. Keep them coming!

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: SuperiorIronman on Oct 25, 2019, 11:57:02 PM

-Any chance of seeing a Game preserve map?

-If we ever got a Game Preserve would we see "local" creatures the Predators picked up and dropped there like the River Ghost?

-Will the Super Predators be customization options be it armor, their breed, or the cinematic Super Predators themselves?

-With Genetic alterations being used by the Assassin Predator, would any of that be worked in as game-play elements to explain certain abilities like the exoskeleton?

-Will there be a mode where there is more than one Predator given it's established they do come in threes?

-Will there be any Predator versus Predator modes even if not at release?

-Will there be variations on weapons like the Smart-disk and Shuriken?

-Can the Predator plant traps (mines)?

-What's the extent of customizing the Predator? Is it skins or is it armor parts?

-Are the Predator's customization limited to the films or can you pull from other sources like the Kenner figures and does that apply to weapons even if it's just skins?

- If enough people expressed interest in an expansion, could we see Aliens Versus Predator make it's way to the game even if it is just a Predalien?

-Any chance of seeing the hunting dogs?

-Will gadgets like the Predator Falcon be used?

A Game Preserve map from Predators would be a rather incredibly simple thing to create, right? So I hope that's an easy "yes".

Hell-Hounds I doubt, but that would be extremely cool.

Blasting a NPC River Ghost for extra points would be a nice touch.  :)

Smart Weapon (smart-disc) all the way baby!

Also I doubt the mixing of the Predator and Alien franchises will occur here. And considering how rare standalone Predator console games have been, I honestly prefer no AvP mixing-it-up this time around.

Good stuff!

SuperiorIronman

A few more;

-Will weapons like the rope launcher (The Predator) and the whip (AVP-R) be featured?

-Will we see anything out of the cleaner case like the dissolving liquid from AVP-R?

-Does Predator VR carry any sort of narrative connection to Hunting Grounds?

-What's the chance of "hero" characters from the films showing up like Dutch?

-Will there be any vehicles like drones or jeeps? Would that apply to the Predator as well like the Blade cycle?

-Any single player DLC in the future which would allow us to take control of the Predator?

-Will the Predator have take-downs outside of skull taking like quickly skinning or at least mutilating a body like at the start of The Predator?

-Could the player have dual plasmacasters? How many does it take before balancing starts getting affected given The Predator depicts the ending suit with four?

-Will the "Predator Killer" be an unlockable for either the Humans or Predator?

Corporal Hicks

Unfortunately, we're not going to be going ahead with this at this time. They wont be able to answer most of the questions we're wanting to ask as the focus is solely around the demo.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Nov 01, 2019, 08:17:48 AM
Unfortunately, we're not going to be going ahead with this at this time. They wont be able to answer most of the questions we're wanting to ask as the focus is solely around the demo.

Aw that sucks. Disappointed.

Corporal Hicks

We should still be doing one closer to release when they're able to talk more freely.  :)

Kailem

Kailem

Unfortunate, but not entirely unexpected. Games marketing campaigns are always (often stupidly) strict on what can be talked about and when, so no doubt a lot of these questions touch on subjects they've got marked down as "talk about this in early 2020" etc. And other than softball "why did you decide to make a Predator game?/tell us what the game is about?"-type stuff, I doubt there's much they could say about the demo specifically that we don't already know or haven't seen in these videos.

Still looking forward to your chat though whenever you're eventually able to do it!

Rabbit2100

Rabbit2100

Is there any chance for  future port to the Xbox One?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed