Things you wanted to see in the novels

Started by BrokenTusk, Feb 15, 2007, 04:20:55 AM

Author
Things you wanted to see in the novels (Read 4,938 times)

BrokenTusk

Ever since getting into the franchise I always wanted to read the books and comics, explore around in the games and find out more info on both the Predators and Aliens. Though the continuity of both franchises at best are condrictary. We have in one of the first Aliens comic Hicks and Newt alive after the events of Aliens, while in the movies they both die on Fury 161, then had to be retcon into to 2 different characters. In Predator: Concrete Jungle, Dutch's brother Schafer(apparently he has no first name) fights a Predator, who wants revenge after Arnie killed the last one. Then in Predator 2 we have pretty similar events happen to Mike Harrigan. I know they got the idea for the movie from that comic, but still there are no references made in the movies, and there are to few in the books.

Things I was hoping in the EU (Expanded Universe) that we would be aware of, the Predator's homeworld, how they came upon their technology, society, females, why they started the Hunt, how many clans are there, how many races are there, and what other alien life-forms exist besides the xenomorphs.

For Aliens, I would like to know the same, homeworld, orign, society, first spread of them, their first encounter with the predators, fate of the company, the company's head besides Bishop, and of course the space jockeys.

I would like to know what other fans have been wanting to know or see for a while.

RakaiThwei

I agree with you in many ways, Broken Tusk but also-- I have often wondered if the Yautja ever hunted magic users or supernatural creatures.

-Rakai'Thwei

Corporal Hicks

Oh dear God no.

SM

SM

'ken oath.

QuoteFor Aliens, I would like to know the same, homeworld, orign, society, first spread of them, their first encounter with the predators, fate of the company, the company's head besides Bishop, and of course the space jockeys.

If you've read all comics then you'd know many of these things have already been explored.

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 15, 2007, 11:33:40 PM
Oh dear God no.

[Snickers] Love your reaction there, man! Heh heh heh! I'm just jokin' though, since I know that wouldn't work.

However, I wouldn't mind seeing a Predator hunting martial artists.

That would be interesting to see.

-Rakai'Thwei

Corporal Hicks

Well we visited the Alien homeworld in Female War and Genocide(novel/comic). Erm, the Space Jockeys where in Earth Hive and Original Sin too.

SM

SM

What was originally the Alien homeworld in Book 1 was subsequently changed to a hiveworld I think.  The planet in Female/ Earth War was the same one from Genocide.

And the most comprehensive comic study on Jockies was in Apocalypse - The Destroying Angels.

Corporal Hicks

I loved that comic. Best 6 months I've ever waited for a comic to arrive. It's pretty much the only comic I've enjoyed both the artwork and the story in.

BrokenTusk

BrokenTusk

but then again those weren't consider canon now were they ? Also pardon me I meant I wanted to see some of the huge mysteries (alien world) on the big screen resolved rather then the lesser medias. though other minor mysteries(like the first Pred hunt on earth ) should be explained in the books, etc.

as for Predators I would love to see an elder fighting hand to hand with a squad of mercs up to no good. same goes for the ninja fighting style the Preds do.

SM

SM

Quotebut then again those weren't consider canon now were they ? Also pardon me I meant I wanted to see some of the huge mysteries (alien world) on the big screen resolved rather then the lesser medias.

So why start a thread in the comic and novel forum, called 'Things you wanted to see in the novels'?

BrokenTusk

BrokenTusk

well hell that's just the format I perfer to see SOME of the major mysteries explained in a movie NOT ALL, if not then a book or comic, even a game would be fine. 

my reasoning for why the major ones should be answered in the movies, is because that's how the series started as sci-fi films. Don't get me wrong I would love to "see" the Pred homeworld in a book or comic, just as long as it's legit, since it seems only the movies are canon, and maybe the 1st AVP comic.

maybe I should have posted the topic exactly what in the Predator and Alien universes are considered canon, since there are a lot of inconsistent topics in the continuity of the EU.

BrokenTusk

boy did I kill this topic with my last reply.  :P

SM

SM

Only the last?

BrokenTusk

BrokenTusk

well looks like you prove me wrong by posting back. ::)  well I answer your question anyway aside of that lets start fresh, what do you want to see in the books and comics SM explained or told better ?

SM

SM

Nothing.

No ones going to regard the comics and novels as legit canon material so why bother.

They're a 'what if'.  Sometimes a rather entertaining 'what if'.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed