"Predators" Prequel/Adaptation/Sequel comics

Started by vikingspawn, Mar 12, 2010, 05:20:07 PM

Author
"Predators" Prequel/Adaptation/Sequel comics (Read 92,087 times)

vikingspawn

Dark Horse to make prequel, adaptation, and sequel comics for new Predators flim:

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/44255

Xenomrph

Awesome, thanks for the heads-up!

Mr. Domino

QuoteWe all got to read the script so the tone was consistent with the film. I really enjoyed the script a lot. It has everything you want from a PREDATOR movie – action, scares, blood (of the red and neon green variety)...and well, lawyers from Fox are staring at me, so I will say no more.

I really, really hope he means that and isn't just talking out of his ass.

RakaiThwei

I really, really hope they don't change the whole EU because of the new film..

If you ask me, that would suck.

-Rakai'Thwei

Corporal Hicks

Interesting. Sounds like the prequels are more about the characters of the film. I sure hope we actually get them before the film.

kaljo

Very nice :D

huntin8-t0n

They're out this summer? It's unexpected.

RakaiThwei

So it's more about the characters than the creatures, huh?

Thank God...

-Rakai'Thwei

Mr. Weyland

I am just glad to see more comics again  :D

DragonBossk

I agree with hicks that they should come first, else a lot of people will probably dismiss them. From the sounds of it Predators isnt gonna focus on character development instead going for action/gore, so I doubt fans will care as much.

Sequels and/or spinoffs would be more interesting in my eyes, at least predators have a chance of being involved.

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

My only concern is with these new comics is if they will clash or somehow tie into the twenty years of established material which Dark Horse has put out. I mean we all know that Dark Horse is responsible for helping adding the material to the mythos with the comics and novels, and even influenced on the films if one counts Predator 2 and to a lesser extent, the AvP films.

So my question is Dark Horse going to suddenly scrap the twenty years of material they have given us and retcon everything or are they somehow going to tie the material from this film to future comics while still maintain that mythos they put in the last twenty years?

-Rakai'Thwei

wmmvrrvrrmm

After looking at the AVP film comic book adaption, I might even wonder how much the "Predators" comicbook adaption actually will have to do with the film itself

RakaiThwei

Quote from: wmmvrrvrrmm on Mar 12, 2010, 10:53:17 PM
After looking at the AVP film comic book adaption, I might even wonder how much the "Predators" comicbook adaption actually will have to do with the film itself

Thrill of the Hunt and Civilized Beast.. as much as they were interesting stories, I'd think that for whatever reasons, a lot of fans dismiss them.

-Rakai'Thwei

SiL

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Mar 12, 2010, 10:26:35 PM
So my question is Dark Horse going to suddenly scrap the twenty years of material they have given us and retcon everything
...They already did that with the last line of novels they brought out. They told the writers to ignore everything that had come before, hence stuff like the Hish.

You're a bit late on the bandwagon :-\

RakaiThwei

Quote from: SiL on Mar 12, 2010, 11:21:16 PM
You're a bit late on the bandwagon :-\

Actually, no.. I'm not.. I had completely forgotten about the Hish mythos.

And if you ask me, with Three World War, to me anyway, seems like they're still going with the Yautja mythos. But thats just my opinion.

-Rakai'Thwei

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed