New Alien Film Encyclopedia from Titan coming October 2022

Started by Engineer, Mar 29, 2022, 10:01:41 PM

Author
New Alien Film Encyclopedia from Titan coming October 2022 (Read 73,195 times)

Engineer

Engineer

I stumbled across this on a google search today:

https://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/books/713715/alien-film-franchise-encyclopedia-by-joe-fordham/

ABOUT ALIEN FILM FRANCHISE ENCYCLOPEDIA

The definitive volume on the Alien film universe, covering the Xenobiology, terraforming, synthetics, humans, corporations, military, judiciary, culture, science, spacecraft, hardware, and weapons of Alien, Aliens, Alien3, Alien: Resurrection, Prometheus, and Alien: Covenant from an in-world perspective.

The definitive volume on the Xenobiology, terraforming, synthetics, humans, corporations, military, judiciary, culture, science, spacecraft, hardware and weapons of Alien, Aliens, Alien3, Alien: Resurrection, Prometheus, and Alien: Covenant. Structured in 3 traditional encyclopedic volumes – Non-Human, Human, Action in Nature – illustrated throughout with concept art, photography and illustrations, with a historical timeline and alphabetical index. From the Alien to Zeta 2 Reticuli, from the birth of Peter Weyland in 1990 to the USM Auriga's Earthfall in 2381, this is the comprehensive and authoritative official tome on the Alien films. 

It's listed on Amazon too

Alien Film Franchise Encyclopedia https://www.amazon.com/dp/1803361204/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_9P460GMBV0N9N6MXV2MZ

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Sounds like something presumably being written out-of-universe? Will keep an eye on this.

I'll throw in a pre-order, try to catch it at the best price in case the price drops between now and release. If it ends up not looking great, I'll just cancel at some point.

EDIT: Author Joe Fordham has a special effects background and a history with Cinefex. Very neat.

Engineer

It says "in universe" in the description too

Or rather, "in world" but I think they mean "in universe" lol

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Engineer on Mar 30, 2022, 12:09:56 AM

D'oh! Totally missed that. I stand corrected on my "out-of-universe" comment. :D

Engineer

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Mar 30, 2022, 12:21:35 AM
Quote from: Engineer on Mar 30, 2022, 12:09:56 AM

D'oh! Totally missed that. I stand corrected on my "out-of-universe" comment. :D
Lol no worries

Some Old Dude

Weyland Yutani Report 2: Electric Boogaloo. Hopefully SM is involved with this as well.

BlueMarsalis79

Could this be an expansion upon, or based upon the lore the RPG uses? Here's hoping!

Kradan

Quote from: Some Old Dude on Mar 30, 2022, 06:48:11 AM
Weyland Yutani Report 2: Electric Boogaloo.

Rather Weyland Yutani Report: The Force Awakens

BlueMarsalis79

Kradan

Retread of the most of the stuff we know already ?

Corporal Hicks

I'm looking forward to seeing more of this. I really dig the in-universe style that WYR went for and I'm curious to see if this'll also take Titan's own contributions into account.

Mark Ward

Oh wow - this is brilliant, this news has definitely made my day. Cheers, guys.

Hed-Veta

Alien: Receives a new encyclopedia, at least three full-fledged books for this year, a TV series and a movie, a comic book series from Marvel.

Fans: Hey, buddy, we thought you were lost somewhere.
Predator with one anthology and one movie on Hulu: No, still here.

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Hed-Veta on Mar 30, 2022, 12:06:22 PM
Alien: Receives a new encyclopedia, at least three full-fledged books for this year, a TV series and a movie, a comic book series from Marvel.

All that, and still not the one thing I truly want. :P

Engineer

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Mar 30, 2022, 01:11:02 PM
Quote from: Hed-Veta on Mar 30, 2022, 12:06:22 PM

All that, and still not the one thing I truly want. :P

I feel the same lol
The movie, sounds like I might be into it, so I'm curious to see the synopsis before I lose interest. This encyclopedia has potential too maybe...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed