ALIENS comic recommendations?

Started by Nukiemorph, Apr 15, 2007, 11:45:27 AM

Author
ALIENS comic recommendations? (Read 1,731 times)

Nukiemorph

Nukiemorph

Most people on eBay are selling these in individual issues... which adds up.  I don't want to throw out a lot of money and make a big collection.  I'd like to just get one full series or two.  I see most of the ALIENS/AVP Dark Horse series only last like 4 to 8 issues.
I'm much more of an alien fan, but if the best happen to be AVP, I don't mind; but which series would you guys reccomend?

SM

SM

For stories the first 3 series with the original Newt, Hicks and Ripley are pretty good (even if the art in Earth War is shithouse - you kinda need it to close off the arc).

The art in Labyrinth is excellent. The story's occasionally brilliant but mostly average.

The one shots Salvation and Sacrifice are both worth a look too.

Nukiemorph

Nukiemorph

Thanks.  It also doesn't matter too much to me, but do any of the better comics not interfere with the film plots?  Earth War apparently does, seeing how it's about Newt, Ripley and Hicks defending Earth from the creatures.  (And I'm not interested in the comic book adaptations of the films.)

SM

SM

Pretty much all the comics interfere with the film plots.  Alchemy doesn't, and is kinda remeniscient of Ward's Alien3.

I mentioned the Hicks, Newt, Ripley ones as a nice "What if?"  The re-written versions with Wilks and Billie (effectively Hicks and Newt clones) don't have much resonance.

SiL

SiL

Labyrinth - The flash-back was amazing.
Berserker
Rogue
Salvation - Mike Mignola did the art, great stuff
Hive - Retitled Harvest ... or the other way around ... either way, good read.
Original Trilogy plus Genocide - Nice arc, don't much care for the first or third stories, but they make it whole.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed