Free League Publishing Announce Alien: The Roleplaying Game

Started by Corporal Hicks, Apr 26, 2019, 05:35:38 PM

Author
Free League Publishing Announce Alien: The Roleplaying Game (Read 161,780 times)

Kradan

Kailem

Quote from: Kradan on Apr 25, 2021, 05:18:38 PM
Kremlin lol  :D

"Hmm, I wonder if this new ship is from the Three World Empire, or the United Ame-"

*sees name*

"UPP." :D

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Kailem on Apr 25, 2021, 04:46:57 PM

Seeing fighters like this in the Alien universe is very odd; gives me more of a Battlestar Galactica impression, to be honest.

Very much looking forward to this scenario overall, though. I've had a lot of fun with "Hope's Last Day" and "Chariot of the Gods" so far.

SM

Not sure I dig the fighters.

And I hope Graham gets properly credited for those blueprints.

Kailem

From the looks of it I'd say that's their rendition of the Kenner Evac Fighter. Andrew Gaska mentioned in an interview a few months back that they were going to be including it along with a couple of other Kenner vehicles, like the Hovertread and Stinger XT-37. Didn't expect them to be flying in space though, but then I never had one, so I don't know if that's consistent with whatever lore they came with (if any).

Xenomrph

Quote from: Kailem on Apr 26, 2021, 10:13:10 PM
From the looks of it I'd say that's their rendition of the Kenner Evac Fighter. Andrew Gaska mentioned in an interview a few months back that they were going to be including it along with a couple of other Kenner vehicles, like the Hovertread and Stinger XT-37. Didn't expect them to be flying in space though, but then I never had one, so I don't know if that's consistent with whatever lore they came with (if any).
The Evac Fighter got a name-drop in the core rulebook, too.

The_Nostromo_Files

The Syd Mead "Sulaco" is nice to see.

Local Trouble

Is that fighter supposed to be USCM or UPP?

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Apr 26, 2021, 07:07:43 PM
Seeing fighters like this in the Alien universe is very odd; gives me more of a Battlestar Galactica impression, to be honest.

Agreed, but to be fair, Aliens had this fighter-like ship at Gateway station. I think it was supposed to be a service shuttle or something but it is clearly heavily armed:

Kailem

Quote from: Local Trouble on Apr 27, 2021, 02:45:18 PM
Is that fighter supposed to be USCM or UPP?

USCM. Though Andrew Gaska mentioned in an livestream a few months back that there'd be a UPP fighter to go along with it, since otherwise it would be a bit unbalanced.

I went and had a look at that Evac Fighter namedrop in the core rules that Xenomrph mentioned and it says that conestoga class frigates can be fitted with external docking racks which they can be deployed from.

Xenomrph

Quote from: Kailem on Apr 26, 2021, 10:13:10 PM
I asked Andrew Gaska and yes it's supposed to be the Evac Fighter.

Local Trouble

Tell him the UPP fighter better look like a Hind or a MiG.

Xenomrph

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Apr 27, 2021, 03:51:35 PM
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Apr 26, 2021, 07:07:43 PM

Agreed, but to be fair, Aliens had this fighter-like ship at Gateway station. I think it was supposed to be a service shuttle or something but it is clearly heavily armed:

I've never seen that before, do you have a screenshot of where it is in the movie?

Local Trouble

Xenomrph

Oh hey, thanks!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed