Free League Publishing Announce Alien: The Roleplaying Game

Started by Corporal Hicks, Apr 26, 2019, 05:35:38 PM

Author
Free League Publishing Announce Alien: The Roleplaying Game (Read 159,257 times)

Local Trouble

"It's gone, MacReady."

The Old One

The Old One

Perhaps a ruin exists, but for certain- anything biological within is gone.  >:(

Xenomrph

Quote from: Fiendishly Inventive on Dec 18, 2019, 11:48:27 PM
Perhaps a ruin exists, but for certain- anything biological within is gone.
I choose to believe otherwise.

The Old One

The Old One

That's fair enough, but because the Alien Universe is as realistic as possible, I think it's only sensible to say if it's not destroyed- it's certain anything living within because of the radiation is dead and the place is going to be inaccessible for a very long time.  ;D

Local Trouble

Quote from: Local Trouble on Feb 02, 2017, 07:50:26 PM
Assuming the eggs on the derelict survived the explosion, the fallout and if Ripley was unable to nuke it from orbit, maybe the ECA and ICC simply quarantined LV-426.  The potential legal consequences may have been enough to deter the company from sending any ships there.

200 years later, perhaps it remained under strict quarantine and even the Auriga couldn't go there.

FenGiddel

Quote from: Local Trouble on Dec 19, 2019, 12:10:47 AM
Assuming the eggs on the derelict survived the explosion, the fallout and if Ripley was unable to nuke it from orbit, maybe the ECA and ICC simply quarantined LV-426.  The potential legal consequences may have been enough to deter the company from sending any ships there.

200 years later, perhaps it remained under strict quarantine and even the Auriga couldn't go there.
Even 2 years later, that holds. Maybe even the fallout from the explosion would've spread planet-wide, adding to the unattractiveness?

Local Trouble

Quote from: Local Trouble on Feb 02, 2017, 10:39:30 PM
Another possibility is that the Sulaco was equipped with automated picket drones that could be deployed as satellites around a quarantined planet.  These drones would then both transmit a warning beacon and report any violations of the quarantine back to the network.

In lieu of nuking the planet from orbit, maybe Bishop was able to assure Ripley that the company would never be able to plunder the derelict without exposing themselves.

Xenomrph

I like it.

Shit, it even allows for RPG possibilities if a rogue crew wanted to breach the quarantine just to see what's so important.

Local Trouble

But it was never ratified.  :(

SM

Why would Auriga give a shit about a planetary quarantine?

Local Trouble

Same reason it had for staging a "cloak and dagger" operation outside of regulated space.

Xenomrph

SM

Quote from: Local Trouble on Dec 19, 2019, 02:12:10 AM
Same reason it had for staging a "cloak and dagger" operation outside of regulated space.

So, hire pirates to abduct people so they can use them for deadly medical experiments, but don't want to violate a quarantine?

Why not hire the pirates to get the eggs?

The Old One

Why is a question that often comes to mind watching Resurrection.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: SM on Dec 19, 2019, 02:55:35 AM
Quote from: Local Trouble on Dec 19, 2019, 02:12:10 AM

So, hire pirates to abduct people so they can use them for deadly medical experiments, but don't want to violate a quarantine?

Yes?  I doubt they have any qualms about breaking such laws, but they certainly don't want to be caught doing so.

Quote from: SM on Dec 19, 2019, 02:55:35 AMWhy not hire the pirates to get the eggs?

I guess that all depends on how a quarantine is enforced in this scenario.  Maybe the hypothetical picket drones that I suggested before are also armed with military-grade weapons, thus preventing any violators from even approaching LV-426 without being fired on and potentially killed.

While I personally think the derelict is gone, I can't honestly argue that there aren't any other reasonable possibilities that don't necessarily break with the established canon lore.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed