Free League Publishing Announce Alien: The Roleplaying Game

Started by Corporal Hicks, Apr 26, 2019, 05:35:38 PM

Author
Free League Publishing Announce Alien: The Roleplaying Game (Read 166,608 times)

The Old One

Yeah, it's great the way it reintegrates and tones down old EU material.

Corporal Hicks

Xenomrph

Quote from: Xiggz456 on Dec 05, 2019, 06:19:20 PM
Some throwback references to the old EU include "the church of immaculate incubation" who apparently are a remnant of the Earthsavers from the Covenant Origins novel (that's one way to bridge the EU). One of the major corporations Mentioned is Bionational from book 1. And a xeno hiveworld called G-435 which was the planetoid from Earth War and Genocide. As well as Bracken's World from the "Colonial Marines" comic.
This book f**king rules.

Still Collating...

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 06, 2019, 09:52:19 AM
https://rpggods.org/2019/11/23/i-alien-an-alien-rpg-hack/

The rules for that facehugger session that Effekt ran.

That whole session was actually fantastic. I believe it has a lot of potential, to actually play as an alien. Completely different type of atmosphere, but could work especially for the seasoned AVP players.

The Old One

Most impressive.

HuDaFuK

Currently reading through the pdf as I await the book. So many references it's making my head hurt :laugh:

One in particular has jumped out at me though - talk of high-security prison cells on space stations that are kept in permanent vacuum and zero gravity, with prisoners suspended in space suits within. Does this mean Outland is finally an official part of the franchise? :P

Local Trouble

Does it mention Conglomerates Amalgamated?

Corporal Hicks

The RPG was officially released yesterday!

Xiggz456

My local comic shop holds TTRPG sessions every weekend so I'm gonna ask if there's any chance they could get a group to play. After reading the rule book I'm really wanting to give it a go!

HuDaFuK

My physical copies arrived today! ;D

The Old One

Finally, let us know what you think.

HuDaFuK

I'd already had a scan through bits of the pdf, so I knew it was going to look fantastic. Probably gonna take me a while to go through the whole thing in detail though :)

Local Trouble

Can you make a comprehensive list of its flaws like you did for TCF?

HuDaFuK

The Cold Forge doesn't have "flaws" >:(

Just a few things Alex White overlooked :)

The Old One

Yes, indeed, you're right.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed