Expanding the Hunt, Interview with Predators' Director Nimrod Antal – AvP Galaxy Podcast #90

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jun 17, 2019, 05:17:12 AM

Author
Expanding the Hunt, Interview with Predators' Director Nimrod Antal – AvP Galaxy Podcast #90 (Read 25,300 times)

Kradan

Quote from: Darkness on Jun 20, 2019, 04:04:21 PM
I'm really surprised you didn't ask him about The Predator and whether or not he'd seen it.

Me too. I guess it because Hicks is just soooo frustrated with it. He rate it now, what, 3/10 or something and put it on the same level with Requiem?

426Buddy

I was always luke warm on Predators. I thought Brody was great in it though. Never cared much for the Super Preds and their suitwork and effects.

It's not until The Predator came out that I realized how much worse things could get. :laugh:

SM

Good pod.  I could've listened to a lot more though.

Samhain13

Nice podcast. Finally reaching the director tier.

I'm really surprised you didn't ask him about The Predator and whether or not he'd seen it.

Can't spoil the mood.

Quote from: Kradan on Jun 20, 2019, 09:02:08 PM
Me too. I guess it because Hicks is just soooo frustrated with it. He rate it now, what, 3/10 or something and put it on the same level with Requiem?

He gave The Predator a 6/10, while AVPR is much lower for him.

Voodoo Magic

One day you will all come to realize the brilliance of AvP-R. And egg barfing.

SiL

Quote from: AVP-CAPCOM on Jun 18, 2019, 08:46:08 PM
ALIENS VS PREDATOR- REQUIEM (2007), budget $40 Million ... and they even afforded Tom Woodruff fantastic ADI suits and practical effects.
By reusing material from the last two movies ADI had done. The Alien suits were barely modified from AvP, which in turn were barely modified from Alien Resurrection, and all of the non-Wolf Predators are suits or moulds from AvP. Only the PredAlien and Wolf were new for the movie.

KNB had to build everything from scratch.

Corporal Hicks

His last answer was mysterious. I don't see what the harm was saying what would be good in another Predator sequel. It's not as if they're going to continue with that story now.

I'm hoping to get another chat booked in with him to do some coverage of this.

QuoteI'm really surprised you didn't ask him about The Predator and whether or not he'd seen it.

Quote from: SM on Jun 20, 2019, 10:27:38 PM
Good pod.  I could've listened to a lot more though.

There was just some stuff Nimrod didn't want to talk about on the podcast.

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jun 19, 2019, 08:52:25 PM
I just wish you got a chance to ask about the Bezerker's apparent change in size, indicated by the behind the scenes pics.

Unfortunately, I had a lot of questions and we were ultimately recording for about 2 hours and not all of it was for the interview. We'd originally said it'd probably only be an hour or so,  so I didn't really want to ask him even more questions.

I imagine that'd just be change in stunt/performers, though.

Quote from: Samhain13 on Jun 20, 2019, 11:20:35 PM
Quote from: Kradan on Jun 20, 2019, 09:02:08 PM

He gave The Predator a 6/10, while AVPR is much lower for him.

I actually really dislike it now. I can't remember when we talked about it but in a recent episode I did say I had become increasingly frustrated with the film and did put it on AvPR level now.

Well, opinions on the film aside, I'm glad people are enjoying the interview!  ;D

Samhain13

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 21, 2019, 08:34:24 AM
I actually really dislike it now. I can't remember when we talked about it but in a recent episode I did say I had become increasingly frustrated with the film and did put it on AvPR level now.

That's the spirit.

Kradan

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 21, 2019, 08:34:24 AM

It was episode about Alien Isolation: The Digitital Series.

Huggs

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jun 20, 2019, 11:45:42 PM
One day you will all come to realize the brilliance of AvP-R. And egg barfing.

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/DarlingSingleAquaticleech-small.gif

It's nice to be ahead of the curve, isn't it?

Voodoo Magic

AVP-CAPCOM

AVP-CAPCOM

Ok I get that ADI recycled suits from Resurrection for its 2 AVP movies. I'm not a fan of Resurrection and wish it wasn't made either.

But from an objective stance the suits looked fantastic in all those films, at least when demonstrated in isolation on ADI's youtube channel or DVD extras during making of segments.

I'd second that the PREDATOR suits in AVP were "sometimes" dodgy looking, despite more animatronics used for facial expressions. Their seemingly being unable to close their mandibles, colour scheme for their skin tone people "liken to a cheap halloween mask".

I'd have to watch PREDATORS and AVP back to back again, but you're right that PREDATORS does have some good suit work. "The crucified predator" was one of few wow moments in the 2010 film.

Overall though, suits do not maketh a good movie. PREDATORS has moments that are Uwe Boll tier.

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

Okay sure, if Uwe Boll was in any way a competent filmmaker.

426Buddy

Nothing in Predators is Uwe Boll tier and I'm not even a big fan of the film.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed