NECA Aliens

Started by DerelictShip, Jul 07, 2013, 12:50:59 AM

Author
NECA Aliens (Read 814,931 times)

Neomorph-01

Neomorph-01

Quote from: Still Collating... on Mar 16, 2019, 02:36:25 PM
I'm also waiting for my Kenner wave. Wasn't planning on getting them, for I collect the "realistic" ones only, but I caved and got Scorpion and Apone.

I am looking forward to that wave.
I like the Kenner waves, the design brings back memories, but improved - but I like to repaint them into 'film' style colours. The Mantis Xenos are looking more menacing so far in the black undercoat, I will drybrush them in a brown (like the Aliens Warriors). Plus I have the image of them all dark looming out of hived tunnels with their claws
The Gorilla Xenos (black undercoat, but will be drybrushed in the blue-grey - like the other Aliens Warriors) are half done. I will post the pics soon - sometimes waiting for the base coat to dry takes too long.

Still Collating...

Still Collating...

Nice, can't wait for pics. I curious to see how those designs will seem with a more film coloration.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

What paints do you guys use for repaints? I have tons of acrylic miniature paints but I can't imagine them sticking to the softer parts well at all.

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

I use the GW paints and they seem to work fine everywhere except for joints

Neomorph-01

Neomorph-01

Quote from: [CANCERBLACK] on Mar 19, 2019, 10:49:01 AM
What paints do you guys use for repaints? I have tons of acrylic miniature paints but I can't imagine them sticking to the softer parts well at all.
I've learned that enamel paints are best for undercoats - stays bonded to the plastic. Then I can use acrylic for the drybrush coats. For the rubber pieces that must be acrylic (I am looking at what paints are best that won't crack).
That is what works for me so far, but I still learn new techniques so that could change.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: JokersWarPig on Mar 19, 2019, 12:13:50 PM
I use the GW paints and they seem to work fine everywhere except for joints

Really? Even on the rubbery tails etc? Do you just slap em on there or prime first? If so, GW spray primer or what?

Quote from: Neomorph-01 on Mar 19, 2019, 12:50:37 PM
Quote from: [CANCERBLACK] on Mar 19, 2019, 10:49:01 AM
I've learned that enamel paints are best for undercoats - stays bonded to the plastic. Then I can use acrylic for the drybrush coats. For the rubber pieces that must be acrylic (I am looking at what paints are best that won't crack).
That is what works for me so far, but I still learn new techniques so that could change.

If I'm not mistaken, the rubber parts are cast in a matching colour to the rest of the figure and generally only get a drybrush at the factory? I'm really scratching my head over how to safely repaint those without eternal touchups to the base coat as it flakes off.

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

The GW paint worked fine with out priming for the Alien I did. Base coated it in black and dry brushed on some light green

All my predator/USCM armor I've done has also been painted with GW paint. I don't have a real preference for GW vs other brands, its just whats readily available to me in my area.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Was that a brush-on or spray black base?

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

brushed on abbadon black, dry brush of moot green. I sealed with with Tamiya satin spray and I haven't had any paint rub issues

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Thanks. I tend to use Army Painter black spray primer whenever possible since it bonds better than GW sprays (which are not true primers), but I might have to get out the pot of Abbadon that I never use and see how it reacts on a tail.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: [CANCERBLACK] on Mar 19, 2019, 08:50:40 PM
GW sprays (which are not true primers)
I think you need to clarify this - they have a ton of spray colors and most aren't primers, but their black and white totally are.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Resurrection Queen announced.

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

That might be the only thing I pick up from the Res line

The Old One

The Old One

But the Resurrection Queen's arms though.

Onyx coloured version > AR Version. 

GQSioux

GQSioux

I want a true 1/4 scale Queen!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed