25 Years of Aliens Convention

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jun 28, 2011, 08:39:51 PM

Author
25 Years of Aliens Convention (Read 59,686 times)

friendlyskies

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 10, 2011, 04:22:10 PM
Quote from: Xenoscream on Aug 07, 2011, 02:07:05 PM
Very ... I'm in North London so not too far... Haven't been to a con before... what kind of things do people get up to? What's the difference between Saturday and Sunday... To be honest I'm tempted to go for the Alien Experience alone, was always a bit gutted I missed out on that!

Sorry I missed this! I've only done 3 conventions before myself so I'm not overly knowledgeable but I do believe there's a few things that will only happen on one day. The dinner and Prometheus panel I believe are Saturday only. Oh and there's an FX panel on the Saturday only. On Sunday there's a panel with Terry English about the armor.

Otherwise it's stuff like having photos with the guests, getting autographs, there's usually panels by the actors. They usually have retail sections but I don't know about this?

They'll be premiering Aliens Epilogue and there'll be a showing of the Aliens Encounter documentary. And, of course, a chance to meet up with a bunch of like-minded fans.

Oh and we've got another in our party, Jonny Gore. He's a lurker, AvP XB player that I spent a while talking to last night. He's been trying to get to game night for a while.

Quote from: ADC on Aug 10, 2011, 01:47:43 PM
Great to see some of you coming along. Don't forget to buy a ticket to the dinner it'll be an amazing evening!
Many thanks to Cpl Hicks for keeping you all updated.

Not a problem. I'm very keen to help make this event successful. Thanks for keeping me in the loop.

Just a quick note. Since Charles de Lauzirika has now been added to the line up (he will have a talk both days btw) there simply wasn't enough space left in the schedule to show Aliens Epilogue and Alien Ecounters on both days. We had to make the decision to show each one on one day only, so Encounters will now be on the Saturday at 15:45 and Epilogue on the Sunday at the same time. Sorry if this is bad news for any of you guys that can only make it on one of the days but I think the addition of Charles more than makes it a worthwhile decision :)

Cheers

Darren

yautja warlord

the man ricco ross looks like he was out of the films Aliens am i right.

BoneyHead95

BoneyHead95

There must love doing Convention then. :D

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: yautja warlord on Sep 02, 2011, 12:05:15 PM
the man ricco ross looks like he was out of the films Aliens am i right.

He was. All the actors are.

And no worries, Darren. Can't wait to see them both.

friendlyskies

friendlyskies

Hi all

With the show fast approaching we thought it would be a good idea to ask people what sort of things they would like to hear about at the various talks that will be going on.

Here are the talks we would like to hear your questions for.

Cast panel with
Ricco Ross
Cynthia Scott
Daniel Kash
Trevor Steedman
Colette Hiller

Prometheus panel with
Aaron Percival (AVP Galaxy)
Christian Fowler (Alien prequel news)
Ian Nathan (Author Alien Vault/Empire magazine)

Aliens Blu Ray Anthology panel with
Charles De Lauzirika

FX Panel with
Steve Begg (Aliens, models)
Chrissie Overs (Aliens, Queen sculptor)
Chris Trice (AVP, models)

Just say which panel your question is for and if it is for specific panel member.

Cheers

Darren

Corporal Hicks

And remember guys, even if you can't make it, ADC will be releasing videos of the panels at some point.

Corporal Hicks

I think I'd really like to know what they didn't use for the Anthology set and why? I'm sure there's bound to be some mystery items in there.

And AvPGers that are going, shall we have an allocated meeting area before we start. Tinyeyes and Johnny Gore and I will be meeting outside the Space Centre. If it helps people I can provide my PingChat ID or mob. number if you're going to help make sure we all meet up.

LadyZero

LadyZero

Meeting outside the Space Centre sounds like a good plan actually. I was sort of thinking along those lines, better than wandering around going 'hurr, who is everyone?', lol. Also, mobile numbers, good plan.

What sort of time were you guys going to meet, just so I know what time to haul out of bed.

Corporal Hicks

Well the panels kick off at 11, I think it opens around 10. I was aiming to be there for 10. Here's the schedule:

And dinner instructions:

Purebreedalien

Dammit one day I will be at something like this.

predxeno

predxeno

^This.

Abe

Abe

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 06, 2011, 05:33:38 PM
Well the panels kick off at 11, I think it opens around 10. I was aiming to be there for 10. Here's the schedule:

http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/254720_261420113887361_218947031468003_981523_4885940_n.jpg

And dinner instructions:

Is there a schedule that covers where the events are that don't come on at certain times? I.e The Harry Harris Alien collection.

Corporal Hicks

I think it'd be safe to assume its open when the panels aren't on. I'd think he'd wanna see the panels too.

Abe

Abe

You're probably right.

Also will there be age restriction for the Panels, or is it only Alien Encounters and Aliens Epilouge?

Corporal Hicks

If you are wanting to meet up with me and the gang, pm me so I know who is.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed