Alien: Covenant - Origins - Prequel Novel

Started by Corporal Hicks, Oct 30, 2016, 08:52:31 AM

Author
Alien: Covenant - Origins - Prequel Novel (Read 104,067 times)

Samhain13

Quote from: SM on Jun 08, 2017, 01:49:38 AM
I don't think that anyone official ever said the novel would be about David and Shaw.

We felt that was implied. I mean it's a prequel of Alien: Covenant, there is a gap between Prometheus and Covenant so thats where I was hoping this novel would focus on. And since its an alien novel I thought it would focus on alien/engineer related stuff which would be about David since he is doing his thing on the engineers planet.

SM

But haven't there been stories about this Awakening thing that would feature David and Shaw?  Or was that mooted to be a Covenant sequel and not a prequel?

Maybe David told all there was to tell in the film.

Samhain13

Samhain13

Quote from: SM on Jun 08, 2017, 02:28:58 AM
But haven't there been stories about this Awakening thing that would feature David and Shaw?  Or was that mooted to be a Covenant sequel and not a prequel?

I heard about that ALIEN:Awakening thing, first I saw it being said to be a prequel to Alien:Covenant, whenever it was referring to this novel or some movie prequel I don't know, then others said it was the name of the sequel to Covenant and that the script was already on works, in the end... just rumors.

Maybe David told all there was to tell in the film.

Well, that would be disappointing, but whatever.

Nightmare Asylum

I'm disappointed (and shocked) that this isn't a Shaw and David story but I was also a tad disappointed the film didn't get into the company angle a bit more (namely the merger) so I'm definitely willing to roll with this if it's done well.

Still hope Shaw and David's tale is still told some day though.  Maybe as a comic.

gantarat

Awakening is Alien 5 Name Title.

Sagit

Oh wonderful. Prequel to the prequels sequel.

Corporal Hicks

No-one really knows, I'm afraid. We've not had any straight forward information on what Awakening is yet.

I can understand why folk are disappointed - we expected the novel to fill in the gaps about David and Shaw. Maybe they still will? Who knows. But it's ADF and he's writing something different in the Alien-verse. I'm 100% giving it a go.

HuDaFuK

I'm guessing this book constitutes the "unique original material... an unusual approach that's never been tried before in a novelization" that Foster was talking about back when the novelisation proper was announced? Because nothing in the actual novelisation really fits that bill.

banecat

banecat

i'm disappointed it's not david and shaw centric, but i'm still interested and going to pick it up

dlb

Sweet synopsis! Absolutely nothing in it for me to give any thought to. I hated Daniels and I'm certainly not eager to learn about any sabotage that in the end didn't come to fruition.

It can only get worse by having David's and Shaw's story in it via small but highly unsatisfying little chapters loosely connected to the main story.

This way they can argue that their journey we all want to know so much more about has been discussed already and there is absolutely no need to get back to this and be done with Covenant, if there shouldn't be a sequel due to the mediocre box office earnings.

banecat

banecat

can i ask why you hated daniels? i wasn't fond of the actress, but didn't hate the character

gantarat

gantarat

Will Hideo Yutani Mention his great grandmonther ? that she was acquire something from colorado?

Scorpio

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 07, 2017, 02:57:07 PM
Pretty much. I maybe able to share this, just checking.

Will be sharing it to the website shortly. Synopsis is here -

QuoteAs the colony ship Covenant prepares for launch, and the final members of the crew are chosen, a series of violent events reveal a conspiracy to sabotage the launch. Yet the perpetrators remain hidden behind a veil of secrecy. The threat reaches all the way up to Hideo Yutani—the head of the newly merged Weyland-Yutani Corporation—when his daughter is kidnapped. Is the conspiracy the product of corporate espionage, or is it something even more sinister?

While Captain Jacob Branson and his wife Daniels prepare the ship, Security chief Dan Lopé signs a key member of his team, and together they seek to stop the technologically advanced saboteurs before anyone else is killed, and the ship itself is destroyed in orbit.

I'm recording our interview with ADF on Thursday for release ASAP and Titan should be sending over the cover art for this when they've settled on a final one.

Sounds interesting.  Good to be getting some backstory on Daniels and Branson, the Covenant launch and Yutani.  I'll be reading this for sure. 

Would like to know what happened with Shaw and David as well, but there are enough clues in the movie, they don't need to spell it out.

hollypops

well that was a disappointment -why would anyone want to read the back story of characters nobody were even interested in the first place.
Was really looking forward to this after reading the Covenant novel -but I'll pass on this :-

Nightmare Asylum

Don't much care for the backstory on the characters, but backstory/origins on WY (and perhaps hints about just how much the company knows) is something that has intrigued me for a long time. Wish it wasn't a generic kidnapping plot (or so it seems) but I'm in just for the tidbits on the company and the corporate espionage.

Still bummed that this isn't a Shaw/David but at least that means that that story remains open to being told in a more visual form (if not a film, perhaps a comic/graphic novel).

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed