New EW Still

Started by ace3g, Jul 14, 2018, 12:02:17 AM

Author
New EW Still (Read 27,856 times)

Highland

Highland

I actually thought the Predator might be female as well when I saw it.

Wouldn't bother me, I dunno what the big deal is. Maybe the original is a female?

#mindblown

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: OpenMaw on Jul 17, 2018, 01:49:14 AM
They're both dudebros.

I honestly don't get how people are seeing tits on this guy. Those are pectoral muscles under pectoral armor.

Is this like how everyone used to get weird about Ricardo Montalbon's chest in Wrath of Khan?

It's very cold, in space.

PredBabe

PredBabe

Quote from: Huggs on Jul 17, 2018, 03:08:15 AM
Quote from: OpenMaw on Jul 17, 2018, 01:49:14 AM
They're both dudebros.

I honestly don't get how people are seeing tits on this guy. Those are pectoral muscles under pectoral armor.

Is this like how everyone used to get weird about Ricardo Montalbon's chest in Wrath of Khan?

It's very cold, in space.
And lonely.

Wysps

Wysps

Quote from: Highland on Jul 17, 2018, 02:45:18 AM
I actually thought the Predator might be female as well when I saw it.

Wouldn't bother me, I dunno what the big deal is. Maybe the original is a female?

#mindblown

Me too, and honestly I don't care a whole lot if it is or isn't. I imagine that eventually we'll get a female Predator, or it'll be disclosed that one of the ones we've already seen was a female. Not a big deal, other than to maybe satiate curiosity or get a larger picture of the Predator species.

newagescamartist

newagescamartist

Exactly. How would we know if all the predators we've seen thus far weren't females? It just doesn't matter. I think some things should just remain a mystery.

huntin8-t0n

huntin8-t0n

Doesn't matter if this, or the previous hunters were female or not imho.
Does it take away of any of the cool factor they have? Or does it lower the quality of the design? (p1,p2, partially avp:r)
I don't get it.

Never thought about it, but these latest posts made me think.
How absurdly funny it would be if Dutch and his whole macho crew were massacred, by a girl... :D

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Quote from: newagescamartist on Jul 17, 2018, 04:01:42 AM
Exactly. How would we know if all the predators we've seen thus far weren't females? It just doesn't matter. I think some things should just remain a mystery.

Because the creators have referred to them as male. Because they possess very strong masculine traits.

newagescamartist

newagescamartist

Quote from: OpenMaw on Jul 17, 2018, 04:45:40 AM

Because the creators have referred to them as male. Because they possess very strong masculine traits.

The creators probably referred to them as male because of their strong masculine traits. There is nothing so far in the film canon that differentiates a male from a female predator ( if sex/gender even applies ). I agree, very strong masculine traits in comparison to male humans, but they're aliens so it doesn't necessarily apply. I tend to agree that they're probably male ( call it human bias ), but I'm willing to allow the mystery of their sexual identity to continue in my own mind.  ;D

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

If anything Upgrade will end up being the female. I mean it is common for the egg layers to be bigger than the males...

PredBabe

PredBabe

Sterling K. Brown's character, an agent who actually gets to be in the lab, does refer to Captured as a "him" in the trailer.  "We found him in Mexico."

I think Keyes refers to CH as a "he" as well. Of course you can argue that he was using his human bias but maybe they caught CH taking a leak.

funk_master_chunk

funk_master_chunk

The leaked script also alludes to the fact that the Pred is a 'male', IIRC.

Spoiler

This is off the top of my head, so not verbatim, BTW:

Bracket looks at a vial of luminous liquid, and says something like "Wait... if that's blood.... then what the hell is that?"

EG - hinting at the fact that it's Pred jizz.

[close]

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: newagescamartist on Jul 17, 2018, 05:14:01 AM

The creators probably referred to them as male because of their strong masculine traits. There is nothing so far in the film canon that differentiates a male from a female predator ( if sex/gender even applies ). I agree, very strong masculine traits in comparison to male humans, but they're aliens so it doesn't necessarily apply. I tend to agree that they're probably male ( call it human bias ), but I'm willing to allow the mystery of their sexual identity to continue in my own mind.  ;D

But the whole male or female concept with strong male or female traits, is a very human concept to begin with... Who says it would apply to an alien ?

brokentusk420

brokentusk420

Its just lazy and the most unimaginative thing possible to slap tits on something just to call it female. It's some of the worst trash to come out of the fan fiction. The other ways to depict sexual dimophisim especially with something that is clear not mammalian.  It just has a humanoid body shape. It's not human nor need tits to feed tits young.

Wysps

Wysps

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Jul 17, 2018, 12:29:53 PM
Quote from: newagescamartist on Jul 17, 2018, 05:14:01 AM

But the whole male or female concept with strong male or female traits, is a very human concept to begin with... Who says it would apply to an alien ?

Yes - I don't see the whole "well they have clear masculine traits" as being a strong argument for them all being male.  I agree that they probably were, but I'd think it's due to the fact that the creators never gave Predator sex/gender much thought.  My only frame of reference is what has been shown in the printed media, which tends to show the males and females as identical.  But since we're dealing with a different species on another planet, anyone's guess is viable imo.  Sure, reptiles don't have mammalian organs on Earth.  Who's to say it's the same thing on their planet?  It could go either way honestly.  We would just have to throw out our conception of what "males" and "females" actually mean or "reptiles" and "mammals", here in our neck of the woods.

PredBabe

PredBabe

Quote from: brokentusk420 on Jul 17, 2018, 02:03:44 PM
Its just lazy and the most unimaginative thing possible to slap tits on something just to call it female. It's some of the worst trash to come out of the fan fiction. The other ways to depict sexual dimophisim especially with something that is clear not mammalian.  It just has a humanoid body shape. It's not human nor need tits to feed tits young.

It's alien so the argument that they are reptiles is moot too. As far as we can visually see, from the films' standpoint, they have just as many similar characteristics  to mammals/primates as they do to reptiles. I can respect people wanting to keep it more mysterious and unfamiliar because they're  ALIEN, but saying that people are unimaginative because they speculate it could be similar is stupid. Though giving them gigantic breasts would be ridiculous- no doubt.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed