Any news on Noomi Rapace?

Started by x-M-x, Dec 18, 2015, 06:56:41 PM

Author
Any news on Noomi Rapace? (Read 48,106 times)

Mr. Clemens

Mr. Clemens

Quote from: CainsSon on Jan 31, 2016, 05:16:52 PM
How could they have made PROMETHEUS, with such open-ended questions, and not only considered, but MAPPED out the storyline for the rest of the trilogy?

Totally.

Like, Lucas had no expectation that he was gonna get to make 'Star Wars 2'. But he still had it all mapped out (in broad strokes), just in case!

I actually really liked Prometheus for the most part, because I thought they had a plan. In light of all this weird news coming out, it's actually making me like the film less.  :-\

"My name is Elizabeth Shaw, and I'm still searching..."

"My name is David, and Elizabeth Shaw died ten years ago. Look! Aliens!"

BonesawT101

BonesawT101

I actually kind of get the feeling they do have a fair idea of where they are going this time, and that may be one of the reasons as to why rapace has been dropped. Shaw is such a thread to prometheus, if that thread is cut, then suddenly that gives this new movie/trilogy freedom to go where it wants to go. There was an interview recently with scott where he said something along the lines of "really it's alien, is prometheus taking us off course of where we are going? which is actually backing into the first alien" - I'm paraphrasing but to me that seems as though what he is explaining is that prometheus was filled with ideas and was pulling off in a different direction (thanks to lindelof in a lot of ways) and now what they have done is sort of re-focused the whole story and concept to direct it towards the first Alien. This may also be why Scott has said that the aliens will appear in all their forms in the new movie (music to my ears!   ;D )

When Prometheus was first officially announced the whole idea was for the film to take an all new and different direction from Alien -

"While Alien was indeed the jumping off point for this project, out of the creative process evolved a new, grand mythology and universe in which this original story takes place," said Scott. "The keen fan will recognise strands of Alien's DNA, so to speak, but the ideas tackled in this film are unique, large and provocative. I couldn't be more pleased to have found the singular tale I'd been searching for, and finally return to this genre that's so close to my heart."

However, so far the official announcement and news from Alien Covenant seems to be re associating itself to Alien -

"Ridley Scott returns to the universe he created in 'Alien' with 'Alien: Covenant', the second chapter in a prequel trilogy that began with 'Prometheus' — and connects directly to Scott's 1979 seminal work of science fiction. Bound for a remote planet on the far side of the galaxy, the crew of the colony ship Covenant discovers what they think is an uncharted paradise, but is actually a dark, dangerous world — whose sole inhabitant is the "synthetic" David (Michael Fassbender), survivor of the doomed Prometheus expedition."

I really hope that Scott and co have decided to focus on producing an actual prequel to the first Alien rather than a sort of original but not really original strands of alien DNA but it's a different series thing altogether.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

In all fairness to them, Scott and Lindelof did say they had ideas for where they were going. Perhaps the reception and Lindelof's departure (as a result of that reception?) left them a bit rudderless.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

A film about David doing things...What's wrong with that? Now everyone seems to be fans of Dr. Shaw doing things  :laugh:

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I don't really mind it. I much preferred Fassbender and David. I just don't want it to come off as too cheap or hokey.

Astronoë

Astronoë

Sorry to disappoint all the Shaw-haters, but I seriously doubt we have seen the last of her :) Either she is off Tombraidin' on Paradise:Planet or she's asleep in that Engineer hyper-sleep pod which worked pretty nifty for 2 millennia, so she'll be back in a later movie  ;D

As for Blomkamp, i really hope that movie never gets made...that will be just like J.J.Abrams..."star wars:the force awakens" blatant stroking ripley fans...I'm so sick of that a xenomorph franchise shouldn't be able to go anywhere without having a particular human, ripley, attached to every freaking movie...ripley is worse than the face-hugers...instead of calling it Alien 5, call it Ripley 5...or "Ripley 5: Hicks & Newt strikes back!"

No more force awakens plz...I don't care how many would go see the movie...

predxeno

predxeno

We certainly live in an era where nostalgia is more important to studios than good storytelling; I often get the feeling that the Alien series should have just ended after Aliens, that way everybody is more or less happy.

ADC

ADC

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 29, 2016, 02:54:00 PM
I do intend on visiting that museum and bar at some point. I've been wanting to for a while.
For what it's worth, the bar closes at 8pm!  ???
But it's still worth a trip. The museum next door is incredible.

CainsSon

CainsSon

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 31, 2016, 06:37:44 PM
In all fairness to them, Scott and Lindelof did say they had ideas for where they were going. Perhaps the reception and Lindelof's departure (as a result of that reception?) left them a bit rudderless.

Yes they certainly did!
And to respond to some other people above, I def remember the time-line wholeheartedly and I prefer them offering more of an Alien connection this time around. My assumption from the get-go (after seeing Prometheus) was that we would eventually see the things Lindeloff cut from the Spaihts script in these next films.
The issue I take now, is one where, there have been 3 writers, and Ridley Scott with ideas, and whatever Lindeloff and Scott developed together, and no doubt, many of Spaihts original ideas... That they only NOW know that Shaw has been been completely nixed, is troubling to me. It makes me think there is someone interfering. The other option is that someone came up with a great idea that changed a lot of things.
I hope I'm wrong about there being difficulties and based on my love for this series, including PROMETHEUS, I will end up liking this film... I just don't want them to fall off course even more, and I think they hopefully realize they need to pull things together.
Who knows,... Maybe that's WHY things are where they are now? Maybe in the interest of keeping things together they decided to lose Shaw. At the end of the day, the best idea should be what they commit to most and all things should be set aside to make room for the best idea if necessary. I just hope they HAVE ONE. Heh.
And actually I hope it's a very different move and not just fan service. That's what I like about this series. From the moment Dallas is killed by jazz hands... and straightaway throughout. Even when I haven't liked the developments, Ive liked that it was different.
As of now, ALL of the sequels, IMO, make this the best, most consistently interesting Sci-Fi franchise of all time. Even its failures are interesting failures. NOTE: I dont consider AVP in-franchise whatsoever, so really no need to bring that up.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: predxeno on Jan 31, 2016, 09:58:02 PMWe certainly live in an era where nostalgia is more important to studios than good storytelling.

This, sadly.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: ADC on Jan 31, 2016, 10:18:28 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 29, 2016, 02:54:00 PM
I do intend on visiting that museum and bar at some point. I've been wanting to for a while.
For what it's worth, the bar closes at 8pm!  ???
But it's still worth a trip. The museum next door is incredible.

You ended up going? I remember you talking about it. Jealous! Did it cost much?

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

http://www.denofgeek.com/movies/prometheus/38732/alien-covenant-noomi-rapace-wont-return-says-ridley-scott

So Shaw is going to be in the movie but she isn't going to be played by Rapace? or is this just more of the same thing from a few days ago? Seems to have gotten a strong second life if so.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Same news as before.

Perfect-Organism

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Feb 01, 2016, 09:26:32 AM
Quote from: predxeno on Jan 31, 2016, 09:58:02 PMWe certainly live in an era where nostalgia is more important to studios than good storytelling.

This, sadly.

No.  This is an apples and oranges comparison.  You can certainly have a good story which features nostalgia.  The problem is that the studios don't seem to be focused on good storytelling.  Period.  It's the same old story over and over.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Feb 01, 2016, 02:34:50 PMYou can certainly have a good story which features nostalgia.  The problem is that the studios don't seem to be focused on good storytelling.

...which is exactly what predxeno said?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed