Any news on Noomi Rapace?

Started by x-M-x, Dec 18, 2015, 06:56:41 PM

Author
Any news on Noomi Rapace? (Read 48,543 times)

x-M-x

x-M-x

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 30, 2016, 06:58:09 PM
Quote from: x-M-x on Jan 30, 2016, 12:57:56 PM
Maybe shaw will be that jockey in Alien 1? 0_o  :D

COMES FULL CIRCLE ? lol

That's up there with the kind of stuff  (like David somehow creating the Aliens) that would just royally piss me off.

Christ, let's hope not.... the way i see it... The space Jockey found em (eggs) that transport ship found in LV-426 ?

David will no doubt get his body back and has probs spent 10 years with shaw? or maybe less (no food water?) then he's on his own... then the crew of the covenant find him?

it's all mish/mash at the moment. (looking forward to a teaser) maybe Feb 2017? movie comes out in July 2017? my guess.

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Quote from: Guan Thwei 1992 on Jan 30, 2016, 06:42:45 PM
Yeah, I did learn that Ridley does tend to change things up often, similar things happened with Prometheus too.

And it shows.

With Alien it was his focus that made the movie come out so well. Yeah, he had ideas, but he stuck to his guns and kept pushing forward.

Perfect-Organism

Perfect-Organism

Don't nobody know nothin' about nothin'!!  I'm seeing Ridley getting flamed here over what is essentially conjecture.  Nobody knows for sure what will be Shaw's role in the story or if it is being saved for another film.  Yes, Ridley circles around the truth a lot but his films deliver.  Just let it be and criticize once we have the final product...

predxeno

predxeno

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Jan 31, 2016, 02:02:04 AM
Just let it be and criticize once we have the final product...

I'm sure we'll do that too. ;) :D  In all seriousness tho, I'll give Ridley a fair chance when the movie comes out.

PsyKore

PsyKore

Her character was stupid and uninteresting. The whole religion angle, especially, of her character is very old hat and boring. I'll be glad if they quietly shuffle her off stage in the opening credits. Just my opinion.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Quote from: predxeno on Jan 31, 2016, 05:50:05 AM
Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Jan 31, 2016, 02:02:04 AM
Just let it be and criticize once we have the final product...

I'm sure we'll do that too. ;) :D  In all seriousness tho, I'll give Ridley a fair chance when the movie comes out.
Yea what else are we supposed to do in the mean time? Start a campfire and sing a couple of songs? :P I for one absolutely adore Ridley for revisiting the alien franchise. It's never a one man job in anything we do but I believe that Ridley Scott was one of the main driving forces that got Prometheus off the ground. I have no doubt that he loves the alien universe and wants to give us a huge story full of monsters, horror and science fiction. It sure beats giant blue people in my opinion. Go go Scott. Still that doesn't excuse him for forgetting what he was talking about and then just saying whatever it is that's on his mind at any given time. :P

Quote from: PsyKore on Jan 31, 2016, 06:37:55 AM
Her character was stupid and uninteresting. The whole religion angle, especially, of her character is very old hat and boring. I'll be glad if they quietly shuffle her off stage in the opening credits. Just my opinion.
No he's stuck with her, like others have said, we do not want a repeat of AlienĀ³. Ridley talks a lot about having a strong female lead but I'd prefer it if Shaw became the outright villain.

BonesawT101

BonesawT101

Couldn't be more pleased she won't be in it, and hopefully they just pass her absence off with David explaining to the covenant crew that he was part of a doomed weyland expedition and that there were others but they're all dead now. Then swiftly move on!

T Dog

T Dog

Yep, this exactly!

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: CainsSon on Jan 30, 2016, 09:27:30 PM
Does anyone have a link to when Scott kept saying David will convince her to put his head back on and then he will become dangerous?

From December 2014:

QuoteWhen asked whether the sequel will follow on with the story of Shaw and David, Ridley responded:

"You can't have a person go off into the galaxy and have a person who's still got his head off. Once that head goes back on, he's really dangerous, but he's also very seductive. So maybe he'll persuade her to help him put the head back."

http://www.avpgalaxy.net/2014/12/11/ridley-scott-talks-david-prometheus-2/

And another similar quote from November last year:

QuoteSo I'm now going to the next one, which is the next evolution directly connected with the first one, which was this Shaw, when he replaced Michael Fassbender in two pieces and we'll kind of pick it up there and it will evolve. When that's finished there'll be another one and then another one which will gradually drive into the back entrance of the film in 1979."

http://www.avpgalaxy.net/2015/11/27/alien-covenant-shooting-march-new-trilogy-further-details/

Adam802

Adam802

Those 2 engineer suits behind Noomi in that picture on the main page are how the Space Jockeys SHOULD have looked in Prometheus.  I digress.

Dont really care about Shaw not being in it.  Didnt really care about any of the characters in Prometheus tbh. 

Still looking forward to this at least bc of the Hard R rating, and apparently being more "Alien", than Prometheus was. 

Still waiting for Blomkamp's Alien V....

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Noomi seems like a decent enough actress but yeah, her character was really just a bit silly and boring really.

It seems like Alien: Covenant will be a sequel to Prometheus in the same way that Scott's Robin Hood was a sequel to Kingdom of Heaven.

BonesawT101

BonesawT101

I wonder how much else has changed since those quotes posted by the eighth passenger. 

Alien fan

Alien fan

I am so glad that she's not gonna be in the sequel to Prometheus!! I couldn't stand her and she was way too boring and not interesting. I couldn't give a crap whether she was gonna live or die in Prometheus. In my opinion should have just killed her off in Prometheus.

CainsSon

CainsSon

Quote from: BonesawT101 on Jan 31, 2016, 04:53:43 PM
I wonder how much else has changed since those quotes posted by the eighth passenger.

That's what Im saying. Im not flaming Scott. That's not my intention. But I find it hard not to get frustrated with the execs on the Alien franchise.
They consistently have the same problem where they Greenlight an ALIEN film, and pay absolutely no ATTENTION to what will come next.
How could they have made PROMETHEUS, with such open-ended questions, and not only considered, but MAPPED out the storyline for the rest of the trilogy?
After seven films with the Alien somehow involved, and all the trouble the lack of direction caused in the past, how unbelievably stupid is that?
This is a billion-dollar franchise. They can't pay a writer another 40g to come up with a long term story-arc? It's incredible that these people don't have this ability to anticipate, at their level. It doesn't derail a production to take an extra month and have some table meetings about where things are going. And this is likely all they've done. Take an extra month after those meetings and pay a writer to develop the whole thing.
This is especially frustrating when I hear Ridley Scott say things like: "James Cameron convinced me to go back to Sci-fi" and "I was inspired by Star Wars..." Well, those respective franchises had enough sense to develop stories for their entire trilogies before getting started...
Why doesn't FOX do this with ALIEN?

And when you have fans get so excited to see BLOMKAMP bring back these beloved characters, that should be a giant flag waving that tells them this is what they need to do.
I don't necessarily have any attachment to Shaw, but I do get really frustrated with inconsistent story lines. And shelving BLOMKAMP's thing, which already pissed me off cause it would ignore the plots of other films, to make this, and then shrug off the plot of one before it... Its registering as messy to me, right now.

I seriously hope FOX and SCOTT know where this 'NEW TRILOGY' is going NOW, and aren't thinking they will figure it out later.

Perfect-Organism

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: CainsSon on Jan 31, 2016, 05:16:52 PM
Quote from: BonesawT101 on Jan 31, 2016, 04:53:43 PM

That's what Im saying. Im not flaming Scott. That's not my intention. But I find it hard not to get frustrated with the execs on the Alien franchise.
They consistently have the same problem where they Greenlight an ALIEN film, and pay absolutely no ATTENTION to what will come next.
How could they have made PROMETHEUS, with such open-ended questions, and not only considered, but MAPPED out the storyline for the rest of the trilogy?
After seven films with the Alien somehow involved, and all the trouble the lack of direction caused in the past, how unbelievably stupid is that?
This is a billion-dollar franchise. They can't pay a writer another 40g to come up with a long term story-arc? It's incredible that these people don't have this ability to anticipate, at their level. It doesn't derail a production to take an extra month and have some table meetings about where things are going. And this is likely all they've done. Take an extra month after those meetings and pay a writer to develop the whole thing.
This is especially frustrating when I hear Ridley Scott say things like: "James Cameron convinced me to go back to Sci-fi" and "I was inspired by Star Wars..." Well, those respective franchises had enough sense to develop stories for their entire trilogies before getting started...
Why doesn't FOX do this with ALIEN?

And when you have fans get so excited to see BLOMKAMP bring back these beloved characters, that should be a giant flag waving that tells them this is what they need to do.
I don't necessarily have any attachment to Shaw, but I do get really frustrated with inconsistent story lines. And shelving BLOMKAMP's thing, which already pissed me off cause it would ignore the plots of other films, to make this, and then shrug off the plot of one before it... Its registering as messy to me, right now.

I seriously hope FOX and SCOTT know where this 'NEW TRILOGY' is going.

Well said.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed