First Marvel Collection Revealed

Started by Russ840, Aug 19, 2020, 07:48:02 PM

Author
First Marvel Collection Revealed (Read 51,605 times)

Kradan

Kradan

It's promo for AvP 2004, isn't it ?

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Sep 02, 2020, 01:39:46 PM
Time for a petition?  ;D

Sure it is

Drukathi

Really? idk, but it is definitely the most exploited depiction of the Alien possible. Some time you can find gif-versions
Spoiler
don't do this!
[close]

Kradan

Nightmare Asylum

Yep, it (along with a few other similar images) is a promo still from the first AVP. It must have caught on the way it did because it was likely one of the first officially released, high res stills of an Alien released on the internet but... God, it's the AVP design and just shouldn't be plastered literally everywhere. I'm not even knocking the design overall, in its brown shade it worked really well in Resurrection, but the fact that it is just now considered the default, go-to Alien image? :-X

There were a handful of artists in the 40th Anniversary art book that traced/copied/whatever that still, and every one of them cited Giger as their inspiration, and every time I saw that I just had to roll my eyes.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Sep 02, 2020, 03:13:57 PM
There were a handful of artists in the 40th Anniversary art book that traced/copied/whatever that still, and every one of them cited Giger as their inspiration, and every time I saw that I just had to roll my eyes.

Really? Oof, that's cringey.

j0nesy

j0nesy

i knew jones wanted to work for marvel, but i doubt he had this in mind  :laugh:

Bug hunt wilson

Bug hunt wilson

This a bad start for the alien marvel comics and marvel has a know history of letting stuff like this happening and I can tell worse stuff is coming

judge death

judge death

Quote from: SuperiorIronman on Sep 02, 2020, 01:35:34 PM
I honestly don't know what we can do in this case aside from letting enough people know that it gets Land booted off the cover. Enough bad publicity and Marvel will alter the it.

They really should've hired Tristan Jones in the first place though. Or frankly used a significantly less controversial artist. Like Humberto Ramos wouldn't have been a good fit but I doubt he'd have traced.
Star wars fans who are way more and then also conan artists have been loud and complained about marvel and their artists been stealing designs, havent resulted in much, I doubt Marvel will start to change how they operate because of a few alien nerds dislike what they are doing, but I hope Im wrong but so far this is the marvel practice.
Also if we now manage to get that cover removed: marvel has probably already a ton of comics made by greg/that artist and other artists done and waiting for release so Im sure we will have way more tracing art coming.

BlazinBlueReview

Quote from: judge death on Sep 02, 2020, 06:05:49 PM
Quote from: SuperiorIronman on Sep 02, 2020, 01:35:34 PM
I honestly don't know what we can do in this case aside from letting enough people know that it gets Land booted off the cover. Enough bad publicity and Marvel will alter the it.

They really should've hired Tristan Jones in the first place though. Or frankly used a significantly less controversial artist. Like Humberto Ramos wouldn't have been a good fit but I doubt he'd have traced.
Star wars fans who are way more and then also conan artists have been loud and complained about marvel and their artists been stealing designs, havent resulted in much, I doubt Marvel will start to change how they operate because of a few alien nerds dislike what they are doing, but I hope Im wrong but so far this is the marvel practice.
Also if we now manage to get that cover removed: marvel has probably already a ton of comics made by gred and other artists done and waiting for release so Im sure we will have way more tracing art coming.

So let's give them hell. Let it be the start of something.

Kradan

Kradan

Time for a petition?  ;D

How to do a petition ?

Delta Echo Alpha Delta

Don't do a petition, it won't do anything. Email Marvel comics.

judge death

Quote from: Kradan on Sep 02, 2020, 07:42:36 PM
Time for a petition?  ;D

How to do a petition ?
A petition to move the license back to Dark horse, yes please! :D

Perfect-Organism

Perfect-Organism

This is brave for AVP Galaxy to address this issue and I would say very commendable.  It is truly a proud moment for this fan page in standing up for the intellectual property rights of artists.  It is truly despicable when big companies allow themselves to use someone else's art which took a lot of time, skill and talent to put together.

Shame on you Greg Land, and evening more so on Marvel.

Yes it is.

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: muthur9000 on Sep 02, 2020, 08:02:29 PM
Don't do a petition, it won't do anything. Email Marvel comics.

How about both ? How to do a petition ? What's Marvel email address ?

Nightmare Asylum

It really isn't that simple. A petition isn't going to be any more effective (probably, even less) and mentioning it on Twitter. As for email addresses, there isn't really a "Marvel" email. They're a massive, massive corporation, owned by an even more massive corporation. Getting in contact with people directly responsible for the book would be the way to go, though I'm not quite sure who it was actually overseeing this Omnibus project.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed