Classic Predator Pictures

Started by Darkness, May 16, 2010, 09:12:28 PM

Author
Classic Predator Pictures (Read 18,376 times)

Darkness

Darkness

There was a movie convention called Wonderfest in Louisville this weekend and KNB’s Greg Nicotero was there answering questions. They showed a behind-the-scenes feature of Predators which was about the Classic Predator. Luckily, Sabres21768 was there to take some snaps of the segment.

There’s a heap of pictures if you follow the link including shots of the face moulds, masks, armour, costume. There’s also a picture showing a regular mask and a battle-damaged version. Thanks to Sabres21768 for the news.

PredalienXenomorph

It is looking good but I am distressed at the lack of netting. It just takes away from the original look.

Le Celticant

Le Celticant

The skin colour is just not the original.
Hell! Even some fan made costume looks closer to P1 than this one :-\

Tangakkai

Tangakkai

There is a picture with the net on his body so not to worry ;)

Alien³

Alien³

Why are you complaining about the lack of netting?! Maybe he had put them in the wash.

The Pointman

The Pointman

My god people are you serious?!? Everyone should be happy about these pics and what they have to show. It LOOKS like the original Predator again after many attempts of failed revisions (AVP series). If not you guys, I sure as hell am. lol.

RoaryUK

RoaryUK

Looks nothing like the original Predator, no netting and the skin is the wrong colour even in daylight. Like someone here already said, the fans have done better, shame the fan-boy making this movie ain't so great ... wishful thinking on the part of some of you, me thinks!  LOL

chupacabras acheronsis

goddamnit it looks fantastic, you whiny bitches. it shouldnt be the exact same colours fo the first one to begin with.

anytime is dead, deal with it.

and the netting why, exactly? they are at their own planet, they dont need the netting to warm themselves up.

arghhhh im mad >:(

The Pointman

The Pointman

Hey RoaryUK, look at the thread the pictures are posted on and there are two pictures that you can clearly see netting in. As a matter of fact, these are testing shots taken before actually filming so there was no need to deck out the pred in everything before hand anyways.

Le Celticant

Le Celticant

Why the netting? Because as I remember Anytime is there cos of a "Flash Back" and while fighting Arnie, he had the net.
Colour, design, almost everything is wrong.
This fan made a better job:
http://www.thehunterslair.com/index.php?showtopic=2451&st=80
(half of the page to the bottom)

Xan21

Xan21

'the fans' have not done better come on

RoaryUK

RoaryUK

@Le Celticant   Yep, I rest my case. Nice find BTW

Scree

Scree

This looks excellent.

PS. f**k the fan-made stuff. Who cares about that shit?

@Scree:
I do care because it's closer to the original, provided by an amateurish, than professional work of people who are suppose to have access to the original design and many reference of the colouring.
This is unacceptable.

Nukiemorph

Nukiemorph

Yeah.  I'm outraged.  The wrist-blades are half-an-inch too long and the skin-tone is three shades off!  Also, if you count how many dreadlocks pred had in the original, you can clearly see he has two more in this new movie!  Absolutely outrageous.  How will the filmmakers screw us next?

...Some of you fans are way too uptight.  The design looks great and when it's seen in action with their stylized lighting, you're probably not going to be able to tell the difference.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed