Dark Horse Announces Predator Hunters III!

Started by Katanu, Nov 13, 2019, 06:11:03 PM

Author
Dark Horse Announces Predator Hunters III! (Read 58,022 times)

Kailem

Yeah it's a shame we have to wait so long between each series rather than it just being an ongoing (and I say this as someone who read Hunters 1 & 2 pretty much back to back in trade).

I wants more and I wants it now!! :laugh:

Voodoo Magic

Yeah the trades are real inexpensive on Amazon ($11+ and $13+) if anyone wants to get in on the fun who haven't already.

https://www.amazon.com/Predator-Hunters-Chris-Warner/dp/1506703925

I do really appreciate how Chris Warner is managing these characters too, shifting the spotlight with each installment:

• CW: "Dealing with multiple lead characters is a challenge—that's a lot of balls in the air. The stories have to be about something, about the characters, but it's not a soap opera. To keep matters more manageable, I've tried to rotate through the characters in terms of focus in each series. The first series is primarily about Enoch Nakai, the second about Tyler Swain, the third about Raphael Herrera. And Jaya Soames as the team leader is pretty much the co-lead in each series. So far, I haven't had the chance to spotlight Mandy Graves, so hopefully we'll get that opportunity. We've also re-introduced some old characters in the third series, but I don't want to spoil the surprises."

Xiggz456

Ya I finally convinced a friend at work to buy them on Amazon and now he keeps asking me about Hunters 3 so needless to say he loved them both.

I may be reading between the lines on the interview but I guess Hunters 4 has gotta focus on Mandy! 

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Xiggz456 on Jan 15, 2020, 09:47:37 PM
Ya I finally convinced a friend at work to buy them on Amazon and now he keeps asking me about Hunters 3 so needless to say he loved them both.

Same here!  He's yet to read II but he blazed through I in one sitting and said he loved it.

QuoteI may be reading between the lines on the interview but I guess Hunters 4 has gotta focus on Mandy! 

Agreed. Let's hope III is just as successful and it happens.  :)

bendinglight

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Dec 21, 2019, 03:19:29 AM
Quote from: molasar on Dec 21, 2019, 01:52:34 AM
PREDATOR: HUNTERS III #2 covers

Spoiler
The Hunters team is in Belize, where they have an acrimonious meeting with the newly arrived Russian team that is after the same quarry. Fortunately, an unexpected player from Dark Horses very first Predator series is there to prevent bloodshed.

Meanwhile, the Predators are busy racking up a body count in the jungle!
[close]

(JONATHAN WAYSHAK VARIANT COVER)

Thanks for sharing molasar!

Hmm, not loving that Wayshak variant cover though. He's obviously very talented, but he's making the Predator look a bit like a hybrid spider (imo).

Agreed. It looks like a more primitive or a Predator from a much earlier time frame, like one that would be from the 1700s or earlier when the tech isn't as advanced. I like the regular cover seemingly to make a tribute to sequence when the Predator comes out of the water from the film.

molasar

#3 covers

Spoiler
The Hunters compete in a game of wits with the Russians to find--and kill--the Predators. As they follow the Predator trail deeper into the treacherous jungle, they make a shocking discovery--there are two Predators! The hunters may become the hunted ...
[close]

PATRICK BLAINE VARIANT COVER - features glow-in-the-dark ink.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: molasar on Jan 25, 2020, 11:45:46 PM
#3 covers

Spoiler
The Hunters compete in a game of wits with the Russians to find--and kill--the Predators. As they follow the Predator trail deeper into the treacherous jungle, they make a shocking discovery--there are two Predators! The hunters may become the hunted ...
[close]

PATRICK BLAINE VARIANT COVER - features glow-in-the-dark ink.

It's getting closer!!!

I'm still deciding if I dig that first bio helmet but I love me some glow-in-the-dark ink!

Xiggz456

Ya I'll be paying the extra dollar for the glow in the dark variant. I'm a sucker for those kind of marketing ploys!

molasar

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jan 28, 2020, 02:47:58 PM
It's getting closer!!!

https://media.giphy.com/media/SuV1m5xZLJE2Y/giphy.gif

I'm still deciding if I dig that first bio helmet but I love me some glow-in-the-dark ink!

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: molasar on Jan 25, 2020, 11:45:46 PM

Helmet proportions looking a little odd here. But still eagerly awaiting the first issue!  ;D

Voodoo Magic

Nice find Molestar!!!

Hot damn. I stopped at three pages. I'm not going to read anymore. But it sure looks good and read well!  Can't wait!

Wysps

Voodoo Magic

Yeah, I wasn't sure about that helmet on the cover of issue #3, I guess because of the angle, but I'm digging it more here:

Kailem

Cool, I was just looking for a preview of this the other day.

I always like it when Predators taunt their prey with their own words. The one in Hunters 2 did it a ton, so here's hoping this one has a similar sense of humour.

And yeah from some angles/in some pics the helmet looks a bit wonky, but overall I'm kinda digging it.

I also kinda hope that at least one character in this asks whether they shouldn't just leave this Predator to his hunt, given that the people he's killing are all drug cartel goons. Seems like he's doing the world a favour.

Could at the very least provide some drama/tension between Herrera and anyone who felt that way, if not just say out loud what a lot of readers are probably thinking.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed