Predator: Hunting Grounds Trial Weekend Starts March 27

Started by molasar, Feb 26, 2020, 03:03:46 PM

Author
Predator: Hunting Grounds Trial Weekend Starts March 27 (Read 26,073 times)

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: 426Buddy on Mar 27, 2020, 12:46:59 AM
I love it, looks like an absolute blast. I am so jealous of the playstation crowd. :o

Come on! Just bite the bullet get a PS4!

Perfect-Organism

Not a Predator fan per se, but this actually looks pretty good.  It could get a bit boring dealing with just 1 Yautja, but then again... Alien Isolation.  Right?

Enjoy

Would be neat if humans could build traps out of trees and aspects of the jungle to set a up a weapon

Corporal Hicks

molasar

molasar

A pre-load of the trial demo is available now on PC. Its size is 17.7GB

https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/product/predator-hunting-grounds/trial-weekend

I have it installed now.

There is an offline tutorial in it.

Also it seems that you can start playing without other players just to mess around.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: molasar on Mar 27, 2020, 12:33:49 PM

https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/product/predator-hunting-grounds/trial-weekend

I have it installed now.

Also it seems that you can start playing without other players just to mess around.

Really??  Damn, I'm jealous!  I would love to get a feel for it, but I'm afraid I won't be able to hop on until late tonight.

Any initial thoughts?

Also, I wonder if the trial is cross-play.

molasar

molasar

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Mar 27, 2020, 02:13:34 PM
Quote from: molasar on Mar 27, 2020, 12:33:49 PM

I have it installed now.

Really??  Damn, I'm jealous!  I would love to get a feel for it, but I'm afraid I won't be able to hop on until late tonight.

Any initial thoughts?

Also, I wonder if the trial is cross-play.

Random thoughts.

It already met my expectations. Especially gameplay wise. This arcade type one.

Yes, it is cross-play but can be manually disabled. Also you can create private matches. Choose a side you want to play as.

There are two maps. The same one from the pre-alpha demo called Overgrowth and another one Derailed.

And there is a communication wheel, so mics are unnecessary. A phrase 'get to da choppa' is there too.

I like distorted voices when you use a pred's vision mode.

Anyway it plays good and has that specific Predator movie feeling.

BTW, My Epic nickname is ScarfacePredator

Voodoo Magic

Awesome to hear about the communication wheel. It might be handy in not disturbing my sleeping beauty during some late nights!  ;D

Quote from: molasar on Mar 27, 2020, 03:14:15 PM
BTW, My Epic nickname is ScarfacePredator

Concrete Jungle!  While I really liked that game, I'm thinking HG is going to win as best Pred game, hands down!

molasar

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Mar 27, 2020, 04:08:58 PM
I'm thinking HG is going to win as best Pred game, hands down!

It already is for me the best Pred game and I do not care if it is not on a level of AAA games graphic-wise.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: molasar on Mar 27, 2020, 04:13:16 PM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Mar 27, 2020, 04:08:58 PM
I'm thinking HG is going to win as best Pred game, hands down!

It already is for me the best Pred game and I do not care if it is not on a level of AAA games graphic-wise.

Nice.

Yeah the graphics are good/great enough to ultimately have its legacy decided solely on the gameplay, and so far it looks great.

Darkness

Anybody in the UK got this to download on Epic yet? Keeps saying it's not available in my region.

molasar

Quote from: Darkness on Mar 27, 2020, 05:20:01 PM
Anybody in the UK got this to download on Epic yet? Keeps saying it's not available in my region.

I did it. I think they released it on Epic for everyone when Japanese PSN got it.

Corporal Hicks

Downloading on PS4 now. Be ready in hour and a half.

Kailem

Guess it's no surprise that download speeds are so slow right now, all things considered. Looks like mine won't be ready for at least another hour and a half either.

Cool to hear there's a second map in it too!

molasar

molasar

Sony slowed down download speeds to keep MP services online because there is higher usage caused by the virus thingy.

Also there is a third map called Backwater. And maybe more.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed