Alien: The Cold Forge - Titan Books

Started by felix, Sep 14, 2017, 01:45:44 AM

Author
Alien: The Cold Forge - Titan Books (Read 116,365 times)

Dreadlock Holiday

Cool cover art.

Xenomrph

Quote from: skhellter on Dec 21, 2017, 02:13:38 PM
5 Back tubes?

God Awful cover.
Holy shit I didn't even notice until you pointed it out. Yikes.

Ultramorph

This novel is fast becoming a beacon of something to look forward to this year. It's oretty cool that they're dealing with the immediate afternath of Hadley's Hope. That sort of world building is always cool.

Wweyland

Maybe the 5th tube is actually part of the story. Otherwise looking forward to it.

Ultramorph

^Maybe they're irradiated xenos from LV-426. I'm interested to see where they say the xenos are from in this novel, since this is the period in time where they were hard to come by.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Wweyland on Jan 14, 2018, 02:32:58 PM
Maybe the 5th tube is actually part of the story. Otherwise looking forward to it.

I imagine it's just a gaff. Could always try tweeting Alex to ask?

Perfect-Organism

Whats interesting here is that we may be looking at an all-new approach to continuing a story post-Aliens, without using the usual suspects as characters.

Corporal Hicks

To be fair, Rage Wars was new characters and Bug Hunt had a good variety in there too.

Wweyland

If someone really wanted to "milk it", it would be possible to write stories with the "leftover" characters and include Aliens in them:
Van Leuwen
Morse
Bishop II + his crew
Adventures of Jones

But that's about it.

The survivors of Alien: Resurrection already have their story continuation in Original Sin (it's actually quite good, they should write a sequel).

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 24, 2018, 08:26:28 AM
To be fair, Rage Wars was new characters and Bug Hunt had a good variety in there too.

Granted, but from what I gather, this follows fairly soon after the events of Aliens.  I can't recall when Rege War took place.  It left that sort of delible impression upon me.

In truth, one could expect that a situation similar to Alien Isolation's Amanda Ridley would happen.  Every one of the Marines has family after all.  They would all be trying to find out what happened.  We got to see Vasquez's little sister in the original ACM comics if I remember correctly...

Nostromo

Think this book will come out on Audible as an Audio book?

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: Nostromo on Jan 24, 2018, 05:09:44 PM
Think this book will come out on Audible as an Audio book?

I hope they all do.  For the record I didn't really like Sea of Sorrows, but I think if we were to get an audio play where the characters have fairly distinguishing voices, it might work well.  The problem with that book to me was that all the characters felt indistinguishable and generic.  By contrast, the film Aliens made every marine a different flavor.  (Except maybe those with smaller roles like Wierzbowski, Crowe, Dietrich).  With very distinct voices, I suspect Sea of Sorrows might come out very good..

SM

SM

SoS could get very messy.  There's around forty characters and a good portion of them have dialogue at some point.

Ultramorph

Cold Forge has a slightly updated synopsis on Amazon, beware of spoilers:
Spoiler
QuoteA dramatic new Alien novel, as Weyland-Yutani seeks to recover from the failure of Hadley's Hope, and successfully weaponize the Xenomorphs.

With the failure of Hadley's Hope, Weyland-Yutani has suffered a devastating setback--the loss of the Aliens they aggressively sought to exploit. Yet there's a reason the Company has risen to the top of the food chain. True to form, they have a redundancy already in place... the facility known as The Cold Forge.

Remote station RB-232 has become their greatest asset in weaponizing the Xenomorphs. However, when Dorian Sudler is sent to RB-232 to assess their progress, he discovers that there's a spy aboard--someone who doesn't necessarily act in the company's best interests. For Dorian, this is the most unforgivable of sins. When found, the perpetrator will be eliminated with extreme prejudice. If unmasked, though, this person may be forced to destroy the entire station... and everyone on board. That is, if the Xenomorphs don't do the job first...

I'm digging the post-Hadley's Hope angle.
[close]

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed