20th Century Fox & Netflix Reportedly Made An Alien vs. Predator Anime! And They Had Interest In More Animated Material!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Feb 29, 2020, 09:07:37 PM

Author
20th Century Fox & Netflix Reportedly Made An Alien vs. Predator Anime! And They Had Interest In More Animated Material! (Read 27,988 times)

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: SM on Mar 12, 2020, 12:52:18 AM
Quote from: Local Trouble on Mar 11, 2020, 11:18:11 PM
Didn't Covenant already give us LGBT characters?  Did anyone smoke in it that wasn't either on fire or burned by acid?

Yeah Lope and Hallett were a gay couple.  And Ridley has mentioned that sex between crew members isn't necessarily hetero.  Outside the movies there's Jill and Chris in Fire & Stone and Olivia in Echo off the top of my head. Blue in Cold Forge swung a couple of ways from memory.  And Ray in Prototype was a trans man.

There was also a gay couple in Prey. I can't recall her name off hand.

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: AVP-CAPCOM on Mar 12, 2020, 07:07:58 AM
Anyway you have to remember that Disney only bought 20th Century Fox to get distribution rights on Star Wars

Huh? That is not at all the case. No studio is going to purchase an entire other studio for the distribution rights relating to a handful of pre-existing films in one brand, even if that brand happens to be Star Wars. Disney spent 71 billion dollars on Fox...

AVP-CAPCOM

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Mar 12, 2020, 11:53:43 AM
Quote from: AVP-CAPCOM on Mar 12, 2020, 07:07:58 AM
Anyway you have to remember that Disney only bought 20th Century Fox to get distribution rights on Star Wars

Huh? That is not at all the case. No studio is going to purchase an entire other studio for the distribution rights relating to a handful of pre-existing films in one brand, even if that brand happens to be Star Wars. Disney spent 71 billion dollars on Fox...

I hope you're right but look at this billboard advert I saw today for Disney Plus.

Note how it refers to "star wars" rather than "20th century films"? When all the other acquired properties are referred to by their studio rather than films?

SM

They're referring to a brand like NA said - not a studio.

Star Wars is more immediately recognisable then Lucasfilm Ltd.  Disney removed the Fox logo from Star Wars films before they bought the company.

AVP-CAPCOM

Quote from: SM on Mar 12, 2020, 07:36:43 PM
They're referring to a brand like NA said - not a studio.

Nightmare Asylum's comment was the inverse to what you are saying.

He said "why would Disney pay $71 Billion on acquiring Fox" (for Star Wars alone) when even the total box office doesn't justify costs for acquiring the studio/s (LucasFilm 20th Century Fox?

My thoughts.

- buying out and closing the competition
- closing a rival studio
- acquiring studios for Disney's gain?

SiL

All those reasons are exactly why they did it, along with all the content they got, not just Star Wars. They now have Avatar as well, for example.

Star Wars would get its own slide in Disney+ because it's a whole bunch of movies and TV shows, not because it's the main reason they bought Fox.

SM

Yeah speculation is a bit of a waste of time when it's very obvious what Disney is doing.  Is business.

razeak

Song of.the South is a hard sell. My jaw literally hung slack the first time I watched it lol.

CainsSon

Ive always thought animation is the best place for AVP because the suspension of disbelief of the concept lends itself to animation better and it's the place fans are most likely to accept the crossover.

Now let's get Disney on that ALIEN live action series we all know is eventually gonna get the green light.

Gr33n M4n

There were two Alien live-action series reportedly in the making. Is this still the case?

Thunderjack88

I imagine that Disney is probably looking at setting up something different for their not kid friendly audience.  They have gained alot of franchises some which just fly against their company branding. Who knows maybe this will end up on Hulu (Disney owned) instead?

Personally I'd be happy for seperate service maybe part of a bundle that lumps the other franchise together.
Alien, AvP, Die Hard, The Fly, Hills have eyes, Independence day, Lake placid, The Omen, Wrong Turn, 28 days, The Exorcist, Planet of the Apes are a few that they now need to figure how they are going to fit in with their image so with what I'm sure is another massive selection of shelved franchises maybe we will see The AvP anime on a new service in the future?

-TJ88

SuperiorIronman

I feel like Disney+ probably could support AVP, it is the only PG-13 which does allow it to get on the site/app.

That might be a decent way to go about it with the shows being made to be R but the PG-13 cut ends up on Disney+ enabling both viewer bases to see the product. With current leadership coming from consumer products it would make sense to get old as much as new people involved with the products.

SM

Quote from: Gr33n M4n on Mar 13, 2020, 11:49:07 PM
There were two Alien live-action series reportedly in the making. Is this still the case?

Don't think that was ever the case.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: SuperiorIronman on Mar 14, 2020, 04:00:34 PM
I feel like Disney+ probably could support AVP, it is the only PG-13 which does allow it to get on the site/app.

I don't think there's any need to even target Disney+. Disney owns the controlled shares in Hulu as well.

Voodoo Magic

Disweyland said they are targeting 2021 for international rollout of Hulu. Considering it's seemingly more popular internationallly than domestically right now, I won't be surprised if an Alien series is timed with that debut.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed