Build-Your-Own Xenomorph Magazine Collection Now Available!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Feb 08, 2022, 12:29:41 PM

Author
Build-Your-Own Xenomorph Magazine Collection Now Available! (Read 9,549 times)

Corporal Hicks

Publisher Hachette Partworks has now made it’s Build-Your-Own Xenomorph collection available in the UK, following a trial in France. Hatchette is known for many magazine collections, including numerous Build-Your-Own collections that includes another science-fiction icon, the Terminator T-800. The Build-Your-Own Xenomorph collection is 100 issues long, and comes with the parts required to a build a half scale/1.2m Xenomorph!

The magazine includes an assembly guide, various lore articles and articles about how the Alien was brought to live with multiple techniques over the series. The model itself will have a moving inner-jaw, a light under the carapace and a sound sensor that moves the Alien’s head to follow sound.

Build-Your-Own Xenomorph Magazine Collection Now Available!

The collection started releasing on the 2nd of February, and a subscription is available through Hachette’s website which includes 5 additional gifts. Issues will cost £10.99 (aside from the traditionally cheaper first couple of issues) and release weekly.

Keep checking in with Alien vs. Predator Galaxy for the latest on Alien and Predator merchandise! You can follow us on FacebookTwitter, Instagram and YouTube to get the latest on your social media walls. You can also join in with fellow Alien and Predator fans on our forums!

Corporal Hicks

I've got my subscription sorted! I've no idea where I'm going to put it, but I'm quite looking forward to this. Think I'm going to do some progress and assembly videos for the YouTube channel too.

Darwinsgirl

This looks amazing. Sadly it doesn't seem to be available in the U.S.  :'(

So glad you will post videos of it.

Genosha175

No chance at that price for how inaccurate and plastic it is. I'de rather pay a few hundred more and get a Prime 1 statue.

RidgeTop

It honestly looks impressive, but after watching a few videos on the construction process, it definitely seems like quite a time sink and for someone who will get as much enjoyment from building as they will from the finished piece. A lot of super-gluing involved.

Xenomorphine

These ideas always look tempting, but they also never work out as very affordable.

Issue 1: £1.99
Issue 2: £6.99
Issue 3 onwards: £10.99

With 100 issues, that's £1,086 in total.

For an Alien which turns a light-up head in response to sound.

I mean...

BlueMarsalis79

Yeah that's utterly absurd.

Corporal Hicks

I justify it as "it's only £40 a month" but that's my mentality so I don't feel bad about it.  :P I'm actually quite looking forward to putting it together. I've never done something like this before so I'm excited. It'll be my first large scale Alien too. 1.2 meters.  :o

Kradan

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 08, 2022, 02:59:32 PM
"it's only £40 a month"

What are you - Rockefeller  ?

Xenomorphine

I could use an extra £40! It'd go to a really good cause! I even contribute to actual podcasts!

BlueMarsalis79

Yeah I don't have £40 to toss away on frivolities myself either

XenoHunter99

Absurd or not, it looks pretty cool! The free gifts look like fun; and it's probably a bargain, too. But I'm protected from procurement. Outrageous cost of international shipping and all that.

I remember a time when, for the low, low price of 3 or 4 thousand dollars US, you could get a 1:1 pre-assembled, fully-painted replica of the Big Chap in a mall store called The Sharper Image. Imagine that!

Unfortunately, most stuff from Sharper Image is junk, and I suspect their Big Chap was no better. But I saw it once, and it was kinda cool!

Simply_Kevin

I can't even hope it comes to Brazil because the cost would be unbearable.

Looks super cool though.

Predator@Alien

Predator@Alien

Being in france I obviously started it and it can be interesting for those who like collections but I must admit that there is nothing exceptional. I mainly did it for magazines that are quite rich in diversity of content, and I like the concept so I wanted to be part of this adventure ^^'
Anyway, I'm glad it comes in UK ! I found it surprising that it started in France ^^'

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed