Possible Character Details

Started by botmetro, Feb 09, 2021, 10:14:03 PM

Author
Possible Character Details (Read 20,836 times)

cdgodin

cdgodin

Charles Murphy and his site are pretty reliable with Marvel leaks and news.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Updated the front-page post.

We were actually able to find a casting call for Skulls that included these character details. Originally posted as an open casting call on the 8th of January 2020 on the Tribal Film Festival Facebook page, the character details are a little different though. In this casting call Kee is actually the older of the pair.

QuoteKEE Female; 19 years old; Comanche. Her name, "Kee", means "no" in Comanche. A name she has earned by perpetually refusing to do as she is told her entire life. Kee is very close to her younger brother, Taabe, who is being groomed as a leader. As capable as any young man in the tribe, Kee has always been a teacher and source of inspiration for Taabe. In the Comanche way – she is "Patsi" – the elder sister that has helped to shape him. Kee is a truth teller and has insight that others do not. A tomboy, she wants to prove herself in the masculine world of the Comanche. When danger threatens them all – Kee sets out to prove that she is as capable as any young warrior.

TAABE Male; 17 years old (seeking 18 to play younger); Comanche. Taabe's name means "Sun", like the star in the sky – which lets you know the tribe's expectations for him – he is being groomed to be a Chief one day. Having relied on the council of his older sister, Kee, his "Patsi" for his entire life. Taabe has just had a taste of success in one of his first big hunts. As he is coming of age and fresh off of his first triumph, he feels that he's now a leader/in charge and no longer needs Kee – which causes the first rift in their very close relationship.

Given the age of the casting call on Tribal Film Festival, it's possible these details may have changed and the information Murphys Multiverse has shared is from an updated call. Thanks to AvP Galaxy staffer VoodooMagic for finding this!

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Well I hope this original casting call is correct. I prefer these ages and the older sister, younger brother dynamic better.

And Xenomorphine brought up a good point to remember : Life expectancies were simply much lower in those days.

SuperiorIronman

SuperiorIronman

So based on the casting call it seems her brother gets his first taste of success and unfortunately for him a Predator caught notice. That might actually be a clever way to get her into the fight because even if she helps the guy, she's not a hunter or warrior and might be overlooked once the Predator initially attacks.

If they're casting now anybody think an FX studio will have started concepts? I doubt they'd slip up but if they are we should probably be on the lookout for anything in the background of FX studio posts.

Thawk

Thawk

It looks like they had one more female empowerment story to tell and the studio decided to put Predator in the middle because it was a famous character and could bring more attention. Tragic.

Hunter-Killer

Hunter-Killer

Seems like an awful lot of complaining about this small piece of character/plot info lol. Maybe Danny Trejo will make an appearance.

I'm still excited 🤷‍♂️

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Hunter-Killer on Feb 10, 2021, 03:19:22 PMSeems like an awful lot of complaining about this small piece of character/plot info lol.

Welcome to the internet :laugh:

Weren't the main characters in Apocalypto teenagers? That film was brutal as f**k.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Feb 10, 2021, 03:45:32 PM
Quote from: Hunter-Killer on Feb 10, 2021, 03:19:22 PMSeems like an awful lot of complaining about this small piece of character/plot info lol.

Weren't the main characters in Apocalypto teenagers? That film was brutal as f**k.

I would love an apocalypto vibe for this movie so much !

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Feb 10, 2021, 03:56:39 PMI would love an apocalypto vibe for this movie so much !

Absolutely.

f**k it, get Mel Gibson to direct it.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Hunter-Killer on Feb 10, 2021, 03:19:22 PM
Maybe Danny Trejo will make an appearance.

TStyx

TStyx

Hmm sounds like a good film to me, I'd certainly go and see it.

I see some dislike for the main characters being teenagers however I'd respectfully point out that Comanche teenagers at that time were probably a lot more dangerous than anyone posting here.   ;)

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 10, 2021, 02:34:37 PM
QuoteA tomboy, she wants to prove herself in the masculine world of the Comanche. When danger threatens them all – Kee sets out to prove that she is as capable as any young warrior.

:-\

overthere

overthere

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Feb 10, 2021, 03:45:32 PM

Not really. The lead was 24 at the time. Maybe their character story was that of a teenager, but he didn't look like one and wasn't one for real.

This info on the movie does not sound promising.

Hunter-Killer

Hunter-Killer

@Voodoo Magic

Danny could totally pull off the native american role, it was mostly a snide remark against the complaints about a teenager/female protagonist, Danny being the polar opposite.

And I'm all for an Apocalypto vibe!

I'm just looking at it in comparison to Big Game, which has already been highlighted a few times, and thats pretty fulfilling.

AVP Galaxy is awesome because there are a lot of fans to have meaningful conversations with, usually having a conversation about alien and predator doesn't get much farther than people pointing at my facehugger half sleeve and saying something along the lines of "hey isn't that the crab thing from that space movie?" But I'll still make fun of the complaining.

Rush Hour Rambo

Rush Hour Rambo

Female empowerment and smashing down barriers, but with Predators?

::)

Commandos used to take down Predators. Now it's teenage girls.

Ach, I wish the movie well as always but I've a baaadddd feeling about this.

:laugh:

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed