Old school predator (Spoiler)

Started by Milan, Mar 19, 2010, 12:40:27 PM

Author
Old school predator (Spoiler) (Read 55,881 times)

Asian Assassin

i wouldnt mind if they joined up with that captured predator, maybe not the predator joining the humans side and killing other preds, but they wont kill each other...or atleast not there at that moment

draken161

draken161

Quote from: Nihilus on Mar 19, 2010, 11:44:54 PM
Quote from: OmegaZilla on Mar 19, 2010, 01:43:42 PM
Jason fought and nearly won over Freddy in FVJ. Doesn't make him a good guy.

Nearly?

He walked away with his severed head in his hand.

I second this.

Corporate Merc

Quote from: draken161 on Mar 21, 2010, 05:18:55 AM

Nearly?

I second this.

Off topic: there is two endings in FVJ, one where jason wins and another where freddy wins.

On topic: I havent read the script as I've said before but how much are we gonna see of the old school predator?

Spoiler
Do we first see him tied to a pole like in the trailer? Not sure if this is a spoiler but put it in anyway.
[close]

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Raptor on Mar 19, 2010, 04:50:20 PM
They have honor thats all,that doesnt make them any less cold blooded killing machines.

You actually believe the honor concept?

Glad to know I am not alone.

-Rakai'Thwei

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Nearly?

Um, yeah. Never seen the whole movie. And the fact that Freddy winks is somwhat the reason of my "nearly".

Master

Master

Quote from: Corporate Merc on Mar 21, 2010, 06:09:12 AM
Quote from: draken161 on Mar 21, 2010, 05:18:55 AM

Nearly?

I second this.

Off topic: there is two endings in FVJ, one where jason wins and another where freddy wins.

On topic: I havent read the script as I've said before but how much are we gonna see of the old school predator?

Spoiler
Do we first see him tied to a pole like in the trailer? Not sure if this is a spoiler but put it in anyway.
[close]
Yes

Huol

Huol

Nearly?

And then Freddy winked.

MrBrokenTusks.

Quote from: Huol on Mar 21, 2010, 11:17:35 AM

Nearly?

And then Freddy winked.
Talk about cheesy.

Milan

Milan

Quote from: Asian Assassin on Mar 20, 2010, 02:33:18 PM
i wouldnt mind if they joined up with that captured predator, maybe not the predator joining the humans side and killing other preds, but they wont kill each other...or atleast not there at that moment

I can see that happen, he would have the same motives as Broken Tusk from the comic.
And I like Broken Tusk but this one ain't Broken Tusk...

What worries me with the Predator from Predators is that I would like him being portraid like a bad guy, like Anytime or Pussyface.
A sadisctic killer who make trohys out of men, like how Anna described them.
You should worry about letting him lose cause it's really a bad idea for the rabbit to free a captured wolf, no matter what motives the rabbit had, it's a really really bad idea cause it's just a matter of time til the wolf comes to his senses and sets his teeth in the little rabbit.

Imagen the dude from "Hurt locker" showing up at the end of Predator, disarming the wristbomb and helping Anytime up on his feet after pushing over the log, do you think that Anytime would be thankful and like, letting him tag along while he tried to get Dutch before he got to the Chopppa...
Scar would have let him tag along, he would be like ;
- Thanks dude!!! I was really f**ked (and still is) but lets team-up so that you and not so much me may survive this shit!!!
Anytime would be like;
- You f**king a-hole, how dare you!!!
And then do something cruel and sadistic...

... like forceing him to read all my posts ten time in a row ;D

Adey

Adey

personally i think that when they free anytime 2, he wont tag along he will just run off into the jungle and occasionally whilst the humans are under attack he will try to capitalise on the situation and attack the preds when their focus is elsewhere. If you think about it if RR has incorporated the honor system for anytime 2, then he wont team up like scar did cos preds fight to the death, being captured alive is dishonorable and being free'd from said capture by one type of their prey or another is even worse, so if anytime 2 does go round with them the honor system of preds is mute and does not exist if he just goes off alone then hes got a chance to regain his honor by making trophies of the preds who humiliated him, then kill humans after they have served their purpose of distraction.

Aran

Aran

Im just glad this movie is coming out so the hell with whatever is gona be there for the taking.

Milan

Milan

Quote from: Adey on Mar 21, 2010, 03:55:56 PM
personally i think that when they free anytime 2, he wont tag along he will just run off into the jungle and occasionally whilst the humans are under attack he will try to capitalise on the situation and attack the preds when their focus is elsewhere. If you think about it if RR has incorporated the honor system for anytime 2, then he wont team up like scar did cos preds fight to the death, being captured alive is dishonorable and being free'd from said capture by one type of their prey or another is even worse, so if anytime 2 does go round with them the honor system of preds is mute and does not exist if he just goes off alone then hes got a chance to regain his honor by making trophies of the preds who humiliated him, then kill humans after they have served their purpose of distraction.

Yeah, you're right.
But that doesn't happen in the leaked script.
The thing is, or how I see it (my Opinion).
When looking at the Alien, I get facinated because it's so differrent from us, how they reproduce, their acid blood, how they act on their own and when there's a hive present, they are really alien...

But the Predator feels more human to me, so what facinates me mostly about them is their culture...
They are big game hunters who will kill themselfs if they accept that they won't return with the trophy from their targeted prey. They have advanced tech but there's something very primitive about them, it's like they got stuck in their own evolution and it's because of their life as fanatic hunters.
Hunting is everything, nothing else matters, there is only two kinds of people, the hunter and the prey.
If you ain't the first then you are the other. And the preys only purpuse in life is to qualyfy so that he, she or it may die at the hands of the hunter, the hunters only goal in life, his only reason for living is to hunt and kill the prey.

I don't know if you'll get that vibe from the Predator in "Predators" and it worries me.
There's nothing honorable about them, not if you look at the reasons behind their honor, they're f**king mental.

Ijapa

Ijapa

Quote from: Milan on Mar 21, 2010, 04:44:14 PM
Quote from: Adey on Mar 21, 2010, 03:55:56 PM

Yeah, you're right.
But that doesn't happen in the leaked script.
The thing is, or how I see it (my Opinion).
When looking at the Alien, I get facinated because it's so differrent from us, how they reproduce, their acid blood, how they act on their own and when there's a hive present, they are really alien...

But the Predator feels more human to me, so what facinates me mostly about them is their culture...
They are big game hunters who will kill themselfs if they accept that they won't return with the trophy from their targeted prey. They have advanced tech but there's something very primitive about them, it's like they got stuck in their own evolution and it's because of their life as fanatic hunters.
Hunting is everything, nothing else matters, there is only two kinds of people, the hunter and the prey.
If you ain't the first then you are the other. And the preys only purpuse in life is to qualyfy so that he, she or it may die at the hands of the hunter, the hunters only goal in life, his only reason for living is to hunt and kill the prey.

I don't know if you'll get that vibe from the Predator in "Predators" and it worries me.
There's nothing honorable about them, not if you look at the reasons behind their honor, they're f**king mental.

You both are wildly speculating. Comics and games and movies depict the Predators differently. The only thing we know for sure (based on the first two films, say) is that Predators hunt humans and that at least one clan or hunting party respects good sport.

We have to remember Predators aren't Jasons or Pumpkinheads. They're highly advanced extraterrestrials: they're not mindless monsters ... and each Predator is themselves an individual. It's totally believable that a Predator will respect Brody saving him.

Adey

Adey

true and pussyface was a little eager to blow himself up wasn't he so perhaps preds aren't honourable at all, there are just some that follow certain rules whilst on the hunt rules that can change from individual/clan to individual/clan, also the type of hunt.

Danger Close

Danger Close

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Mar 21, 2010, 06:44:13 AM
Quote from: Raptor on Mar 19, 2010, 04:50:20 PM
They have honor thats all,that doesnt make them any less cold blooded killing machines.

You actually believe the honor concept?

Glad to know I am not alone.

-Rakai'Thwei

Your noe Alone. I thought it was common knowledge that Preds are a honorable race. The end of P2 is a great example.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed