Alien 3 - William Gibson - Lost Screenplay

Started by felix, Jan 14, 2021, 01:24:54 PM

Author
Alien 3 - William Gibson - Lost Screenplay (Read 33,151 times)

KiramidHead

Ward's would work perfectly as a comic but that's unlikely now.

Kradan

sigh

Engineer

Stitch

Quote from: Engineer on Apr 22, 2021, 07:51:24 PM
Yea I thought so too.

Now I'm curious if they chose the yellow background as a reference to the yellow alien3 blu ray cover or if that's just a coincidence lol

QuoteWe chose Pat Cadigan because of her connection to cyberpunk, the subgenre William Gibson made famous.

Cyberpunk, eh?

Engineer

Quote from: Stitch on Apr 23, 2021, 05:21:05 PM
Quote from: Engineer on Apr 22, 2021, 07:51:24 PM
Yea I thought so too.

Now I'm curious if they chose the yellow background as a reference to the yellow alien3 blu ray cover or if that's just a coincidence lol

QuoteWe chose Pat Cadigan because of her connection to cyberpunk, the subgenre William Gibson made famous.

Cyberpunk, eh?
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/9/9f/Cyberpunk_2077_box_art.jpg

Lol
For the record, I asked about the blu ray cover being a color reference. Turns out that was a coincidence. Different shades of yellow anyway...

BlueMarsalis79

Hopefully this will be fairly good.

I'm not big on the graphic novel for various extensively explored reasons, mostly because of the artwork present, and although having Michael Biehn and Lance Henrikson back's surreal in a good way, that barebones interpretation of the script felt as first draft as I am aware it is.

But I hope the author for this gives it more their own personal spin, I have not read their work personally but their reputation gives me hope this will be something special, here's to Pat Cadigan.

Russ840

Is this a paperback or hardback

Amazon has it listed as Hardcover and Forbidden Planet has it as a Paperback

Both listings have the same ISBN

Corporal Hicks

Just had an email that the Audible's been pushed back to September.

Engineer

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 11, 2021, 07:23:58 AM
Just had an email that the Audible's been pushed back to September.

Same here. My physical copy got pushed back to the same date too.

Corporal Hicks

Still end of August on Amazon UK.

Engineer

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 11, 2021, 01:37:22 PM
Still end of August on Amazon UK.

That's weird
Amazon US definitely says September 7th now

Alien - Alien 3: The Unproduced Screenplay by William Gibson https://www.amazon.com/dp/1789097525/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_HK9PR7DS822QF5T8G833

Nightmare Asylum

Yep, I'm in the States and got the delay notice as well on my pre-order.

Kimarhi

Quote from: skhellter on Jan 14, 2021, 04:03:59 PM
more info here

https://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/books/688447/alien---alien-3-the-lost-screenplay-by-william-gibson-by-pat-cadigan-william-gibson/

QuoteWilliam Gibson's never-before-adapted screenplay for the direct sequel to Aliens, revealing the fates of Ripley, Newt, the synthetic Bishop, and Corporal Hicks. When the Colonial Marines vessel Sulaco docks with space station and military installation Anchorpoint, a new form of Xenomorph appears. Written by Hugo Award-winning novelist and "Queen of Cyberpunk" Pat Cadigan, based on Gibson's never-produced first draft.

First draft, fyi, was the more expensive, action heavy take with hundreds of xenomorphs and a much larger vision of the Anchorpoint station, inspired by Syd Mead (think Sevastopol but more.. ELITE).

Pat is a well regarded writer who can be found via https://twitter.com/cadigan

I actually liked the first script the best.  Kind of an early take on weaponizing Alien virulence pre black goo. 

skhellter

skhellter

Note: For the people that heard the audible drama via youtube, that (ilegal upload) version was edited by a very silly manchild who cut a lot of dialogue, character deaths, plot, etc. and mangled it all down to sheer nonsense just to... be shorter? Because shorter is automatically better? 

Probably the kind of ape that watches netflix shows at 1.5x speed

Go grab the real deal.

Engineer

Engineer

Quote from: skhellter on Aug 13, 2021, 05:01:49 AM
Note: For the people that heard the audible drama via youtube, that (ilegal upload) version was edited by a very silly manchild who cut a lot of dialogue, character deaths, plot, etc. and mangled it all down to sheer nonsense just to... be shorter? Because shorter is automatically better? 

Probably the kind of ape that watches netflix shows at 1.5x speed

Go grab the real deal.

You should report those as piracy 🤷‍♂️ Lol

Now that I'm thinking about it... I wonder if they pushed this book's release date back by a week because it was too close to the release date of "Aliens: Fireteam Elite."

(And also Marvel's Alien #6, but I don't think that'd be as big of a concern as the game).

Would have been a lot of alien stuff released in a short span of time, and the game might have impacted the book's sales in a manner of speaking...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed