Alien 3 - William Gibson - Lost Screenplay

Started by felix, Jan 14, 2021, 01:24:54 PM

Author
Alien 3 - William Gibson - Lost Screenplay (Read 33,156 times)

Corporal Hicks

They did an Audible version of the novel, but removed it from the shop for some reason. I got it before it was removed, but now Shevvie can't find it to get it and support just told him it'd been removed.

Engineer

Quote from: skhellter on Jan 12, 2022, 03:58:26 PM
again:

this book adapts gibson's first draft.

the audible play adapts gibson's second draft.

first draft has hundreds of aliens.
second draft only has two aliens.

They're very different stories.
Right, and I have both on audible. I'm looking at them both in my library right now.
The pat cadigan book is narrated by Bradford Hastings. It's not an audio drama, it's just a standard audiobook.

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 12, 2022, 03:59:17 PM
They did an Audible version of the novel, but removed it from the shop for some reason. I got it before it was removed, but now Shevvie can't find it to get it and support just told him it'd been removed.

Oh that sucks! I must have gotten it before they removed it too! Lol

skhellter

!!!! this is news to me!

Why was the audiobook removed from the shop?

Kradan

GODdammit

skhellter

something something pirate flags
Spoiler
(someone send a link to kradan)
[close]
something something pirate flags

Kradan

Yes, please !

VeteranSergeant

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 12, 2022, 03:59:17 PM
Yeah, I was wondering about this. I usually pick the Alien novels up on audiobook, and hadn't seen it available yet. Given that basically everything gets an audiobook these days, I thought that was odd.

Colonial Marshal

Quote from: Xiggz456 on Jan 14, 2021, 03:30:10 PM
Goodness gracious now we're getting a novel adaptation of Gibsons A3?! I mean it's an interesting take for a sequel but we already have the script, comic and audio drama. I guess Titan wanted in on the fun too lol.

I'd like to see some of the other screenplays get some attention, like Ward's and Twohy's which I actually preferred to Gibson's screenplays. Don't get me wrong, I like Gibson's screenplays, I just find the other two more interesting; I think Twohy's is maybe more what you'd want and Ward's is the most fascinating of the bunch. I think they simply focus more on Gibson because he is a bigger name.

Corporal Hicks

There's a paperback currently up for pre-order on Forbidden Planet for August 16th.

https://forbiddenplanet.com/349067-alien-3-the-unproduced-screenplay-by-william-gibson/

Corporal Hicks

BlueMarsalis79

Well deserved.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed