Aliens: Infiltrator - Weston Osche

Started by Corporal Hicks, Oct 16, 2019, 07:40:23 AM

Author
Aliens: Infiltrator - Weston Osche (Read 44,936 times)

BlueMarsalis79

Calling it right now it is a depiction of the Alien The RPG Weaver.

Nukiemorph

That's awesome that they gave you the exclusive!

Xiggz456

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 11, 2020, 04:03:30 PM
And the cover is now up!



In the RPG they call the light colored xenomorphs with long tongues Weavers and they are the hive builders. I believe they were a concept for Aliens that was scrapped but Neca did a figure for it a few years ago and of course Gaska actually gave them a purpose. Anyways that's what the cover xeno looks like to me.


Quote from: Fiendishly Inventive on Dec 11, 2020, 05:42:06 PM
Calling it right now it is a depiction of the Alien The RPG Weaver.

You beat me to it  :laugh:

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Xiggz456 on Dec 11, 2020, 05:52:17 PM
I believe they were a concept for Aliens that was scrapped but Neca did a figure for it a few years ago and of course Gaska actually gave them a purpose. Anyways that's what the cover xeno looks like to me.

It was from the original treatment Cameron did for Aliens. They were basically just building the hive and tending to the hosts.

BlueMarsalis79

I think it is clear as day now this will use the Alien The RPG lore.

Gentleman Death

A little surprised they've released more information and now a cover for this prequel book then anything solid about the actual game...

Nightmare Asylum

Yeah, at this point we still don't even have a title for the game that they can slap on the cover. :D

Perfect-Organism

I'm not a big fan of the skull but it does look awesome here.  Even black and white which is odd, but somehow really good.

GreybackElder

Preeeeeeorrrrdeerrreeedd.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

#69
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 11, 2020, 04:17:48 PM
True be told, I had been hoping we'd get a screenie or render from the game, give us that cheeky first look at the game. lol

Don't f**king encourage them! We've only just got them using bespoke art! :D

[cancerblack]

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Dec 12, 2020, 10:08:53 AM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 11, 2020, 04:17:48 PM
True be told, I had been hoping we'd get a screenie or render from the game, give us that cheeky first look at the game. lol

Don't f**king encourage them! We've only just got them using bespoke art! :D

Is it really though? It still kinda looks like vidya models with a bit of polish.

Unless you meant the Charybdis one.

Kradan

Kradan

#71
Well, I guess we can't bitch about 'em using Photoshop covers anymore

Can we start bitching about how static these Aliens on the cover look ?

windebieste

Releasing these details for the prequel novel is a healthy sign the game is on track. At the very least, it's not been cancelled.

I'm happy with that.

-Windebieste.

Rhino Alien

Rhino Alien

#73
More generic covers of slavering aliens. This one is posing on a tower, this one in a hall, and this one is white. Really the only cover that stood out in the modern-era is "Phalanx," and still had the generic alien head going on. The "Aliens" universe is so much more than the titular creature. Are they afraid no one will notice it without an alien on the cover?

SM

SM

#74
Possibly.  There's a ton of books around with 'Alien' in the title.  An Alien on the front immediately identifies it as an officially licensed product.

Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube RSS Feed