Aliens Echo : An Original Young Adult Novel

Started by felix, Jul 19, 2018, 12:59:24 AM

Author
Aliens Echo : An Original Young Adult Novel (Read 55,642 times)

SiL

Yup! Paperbacks used to be released up to a year later, but these days it's only 6 months.

SM

Star Wars used to release hardcovers all the time, followed later by soft covers.  Murdered the bank balance...

Xiggz456

Quote from: David's Creation on Apr 07, 2019, 03:18:39 AM
Amazon just shipped my pre-order for delivery on April 9th.

Same here! Looking forward to it.

Corporal Hicks

I'm 70 pages in. Just taking a break to do something else for a bit. It's very much a young adult novel in terms of the protagonist's concerns in life. I might think I'm still kind of around 18 in my head but it's not translating into a connection with the main character. Not saying that's a bad thing, it's just she's not written for me, so I'm struggling a little there.

That said, it seems to be steering into a more Alien direction now. I'm enjoying it well enough though. It's just a bit of a strange experience.

SM

She's no written for me either but I didn't really have any problems connecting.

But then I have daughters...

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

That's fair enough. Those concerns might still be in your life through your daughters.

That said, I'm not disliking Olivia at all.

Samhain13

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 09, 2019, 10:39:34 AM
I'm 70 pages in. Just taking a break to do something else for a bit. It's very much a young adult novel in terms of the protagonist's concerns in life. I might think I'm still kind of around 18 in my head but it's not translating into a connection with the main character. Not saying that's a bad thing, it's just she's not written for me, so I'm struggling a little there.

That said, it seems to be steering into a more Alien direction now. I'm enjoying it well enough though. It's just a bit of a strange experience.

You make it seems like they wrote an alien novel targeted at teenager girls. That's new.

SiL

It's a YA novel, so...

Corporal Hicks

Exactly...it is a Young Adult novel. It's written for Young Adults (not just females). I knew what I was getting into going into this.

Frosty Venom

I'm very interested to see how this one turns out.

Samhain13

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 09, 2019, 01:03:58 PM
Exactly...it is a Young Adult novel. It's written for Young Adults (not just females). I knew what I was getting into going into this.

Hmm... let us know if the aliens' portayal ends up weird.

The Kurgan

Quote from: Samhain13 on Apr 09, 2019, 01:17:42 PM

Twilight's vampire\werewolf potrayal weird?

TheSailingRabbit

The synopsis alone sounded like it was ripe for fanfiction sites, and not in a good way. I have a feeling it's going to mildly respect the source material, but it'll still contain everything we don't like about the YA genre.

If I wanted to get someone my age into the franchise, I'd hand them the novelizations of the first two films (but not my copies, because I don't let people borrow my stuff).

Samhain13

Samhain13

Quote from: The Kurgan on Apr 09, 2019, 01:32:33 PM

Haha, that did came to my mind.

Quote from: TheSailingRabbit on Apr 09, 2019, 01:42:15 PM
The synopsis alone sounded like it was ripe for fanfiction sites, and not in a good way. I have a feeling it's going to mildly respect the source material, but it'll still contain everything we don't like about the YA genre.

If the author still handles the aliens well it can work, not sure if in the genre she had to limit some of the alien behavior, their R rated behavior.

Quote from: TheSailingRabbit on Apr 09, 2019, 01:42:15 PM
If I wanted to get someone my age into the franchise, I'd hand them the novelizations of the first two films (but not my copies, because I don't let people borrow my stuff).

I got into the series as a teen and yeah I agree. The original novels would probably have attracted me more than a YA one.

SM

Quote from: The Kurgan on Apr 09, 2019, 01:32:33 PM

Not even remotely close.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed