Aliens Echo : An Original Young Adult Novel

Started by felix, Jul 19, 2018, 12:59:24 AM

Author
Aliens Echo : An Original Young Adult Novel (Read 56,615 times)

The Old One

The Old One

I prefer to see the Alien as a creature that dominates it's host genetics.
Uncompromised by them. Perfect each time.

Frosty Venom

What are your thoughts on the DNA Reflex and the Runner Alien from Alien 3?

The Old One

The Old One

I see the "DNA reflex" as a survival mechanism, so the body structure in development is formed to be analogous for survival but not identical.

The "Runner" is a beautiful design and an example of this.

It has no protrusions to compromise it's aerodynamics.
It inherits a quadrupedal stance rather than bipedal, but this doesn't compromise it's efficient nature.

This is the logical conclusion from an animal in my opinion, to maintain what it is.

Frosty Venom

Do you believe that the Kenner Aliens' efficiency is compromised by the traits they've taken on from their hosts?

The Old One

The Old One

In aesthetics and efficient nature. Yes.

Non-flexible protrusions can be caught in tight spaces for instance.
The Alien gains no benefit from being anything other than as it's depicted- it is perfect.

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: The Old One on Sep 27, 2018, 03:18:10 PM
In aesthetics and efficient nature. Yes.

Non-flexible protrusions can be caught in tight spaces for instance.
The Alien gains no benefit from being anything other than as it's depicted- it is perfect.

Alien sneaking down a shaft without any issues from its dorsal tubes in Alien Covenant not-withstanding...

The Alien head is probably its worst problem in truth.  It would take good strength to turn that thing in the direction of prey, fit in tight spaces, or even camouflage I would think.  I bet if you were to wear that as a Halloween costume, you would have such a neck-ache afterwards...

The Old One

The Old One

The dorsal tubes are flexible though, so I don't see the problem.

As Isolation shows the entire Alien form is malleable, traversing through areas much smaller than itself.

Perfect-Organism

Man, those dorsal tubes must have been like sponges!  :laugh:

Frosty Venom

So surely if the entire Alien form is malleable it cannot be compromised by extra protrusion gained from certain hosts?

The Old One

The Old One

Then there's no point in the protrusion if it's a defensive mechanism, because if it's malleable it's by definition, not sharp.

It already has the tail, claws and inner jaw regardless- so such a feature would serve no purpose.

Xiggz456

April 9th release date via the publisher

https://us.macmillan.com/books/9781250306296

Corporal Hicks

Frosty Venom

Low-key excited for this one.

Xenomrph

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed