Aliens Echo : An Original Young Adult Novel

Started by felix, Jul 19, 2018, 12:59:24 AM

Author
Aliens Echo : An Original Young Adult Novel (Read 55,578 times)

SM

The egg makes it more apparent it's related to the Alien franchise.  The way the typeface is presented it might be unclear to the average punter.

Nightmare Asylum

I think I would have felt better about the eggs if the one in the upside down face was also upside down.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Sep 25, 2018, 05:14:21 AM
I think I would have felt better about the eggs if the one in the upside down face was also upside down.

Agreed, otherwise I like the egg in the eye. Looks pretty cool. I'm really curious to see how this one comes out.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: felix on Sep 25, 2018, 01:32:58 AMHere's the Cover.

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/91CZ6o1eggL.jpg

Nice, now get original art like this on all the novels, please! Getting really sick of the terrible ACM renders.

Frosty Venom

"The creatures infiltrate the rich wildlife on this virgin colony world ― and quickly start adapting. Olivia's going to have to adapt, too, if she's going to survive..."

This is kind of reminding me of the old Kenner Dark Horse comics. I'm open to this idea of the Alien universe targeting a teenage audience. That cover is also pretty decent, I'm intrigued and will check this one out.

Ultramorph

I'm unironically looking forward to this.

426Buddy

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Sep 25, 2018, 08:30:58 AM
Quote from: felix on Sep 25, 2018, 01:32:58 AMHere's the Cover.

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/91CZ6o1eggL.jpg

Nice, now get original art like this on all the novels, please! Getting really sick of the terrible ACM renders.

I agree 100%.

Honestly I hate the acm renders.

Perfect-Organism

Trying to put my groaning aside.  Considering the old Kenner series makes me think I could enjoy this on a lark.  The cover seems like a positive new step in the right direction.  It's original enough to make me think this could be good... if I were to judge the book by the cover..

In truth, Aliens was a children's tale.  It was a dark Disney movie, right down to the corny music at the right moment.  Some call this style of film an "adult fairy tale".

SM

What's it got to do with Kenner...?

Frosty Venom

Quote from: SM on Sep 27, 2018, 01:52:08 AM
What's it got to do with Kenner...?

Just the fact that it's aimed at a younger audience and because there's likely going to be some unique Xenos birthed from 'The rich wildlife on this virgin colony world'.

SM

The toys were aimed at children; this is aimed at young adults.

Corporal Hicks

I'm really curious to see how it turns out actually. It's not like YA is fluffy - Hunger Games certainly wasn't.

SM

Quite.

It's not like people are going to be captured by Queen facehuggers, but left otherwise unharmed.

The Old One

The Old One

I certainly hope there's nothing as blatantly influenced by it's host as the Kenner Aliens in this.

If the wildlife is infested that is.

Corporal Hicks

I'd actually like to see it used - as long as it's not over the top, mind.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed