Marvel's First Alien Series Announced!

Started by Kailem, Dec 07, 2020, 07:22:32 PM

Author
Marvel's First Alien Series Announced! (Read 273,439 times)

Voodoo Magic

:laugh:

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Apr 22, 2021, 05:16:34 PM
Hearing the Predator term "Hard Meat" is the quickest way to elicit the exact opposite bodily response.

Oops.

judge death

Quote from: Trash Queen on Apr 22, 2021, 04:18:15 AM
All of them suck. But especially Internecivus raptus and especially Linguafoeda Acheronsis.
Well its established and printed in books and sites and the movies so Internecivus raptus is official, the species number is just as official, which one you say is up to each fan to decide :P

Like most people would call other people: humans, but should be homo sapiens. But its widely accepted humans work, just as xenomorph.

damn, please no alien king, well I will keep an eye on reviews and see what explanation they have for this creature, if its the alpha xeno or alien king etc and how its made, hopefully within the lore. I just find it strange they focus on going all out on weirdness and not do the original aliens which I want, not these absurd mutations and what not.

Immortan Jonesy

✨🌸🌈🌸✨

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Issue 5 spoilers:

Spoiler
Guess I was right. Looks like this thing is indeed the Alpha:

https://twitter.com/ValerioGiangio1/status/1385284980104998912
[close]

Corporal Hicks

Lol. Ooops spoilers.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 22, 2021, 06:10:09 PM
Lol. Ooops spoilers.

Was just about to say that!

Kailem

So much for the tags! :laugh:

Nightmare Asylum

I went back and spoiler tagged my post... but I would like to officially deflect any and all spoiler rage to the artist in question! ;)

Ultramorph

So
Spoiler
the Alpha just put that humanoid image in the main character's mind and there isn't any Prometheus shenanigans going on? My already low interest is going back down again.
[close]

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Ultramorph on Apr 22, 2021, 06:40:30 PM
So
Spoiler
the Alpha just put that humanoid image in the main character's mind and there isn't any Prometheus shenanigans going on? My already low interest is going back down again.
[close]

Spoiler
Well, I guess the experiments in issue 2 (like the dog-alien-thing that we see the corpse of) could very well be the result of the Pathogen, but the book hasn't yet been explicit about that at all, and to be honest I don't really expect it to be. :/

Given the appearance of the Hammerpedes, though, which is something the character would likely have never actually seen, I'm almost wondering if they are doing some kind of telekinetic communication deal with the Alpha, like what the original run of post-Aliens comics did - as if the Alpha is projecting these thoughts of the Hammerpedes and a Sil-like form into his head via dreams. Which sounds... infinitely less interesting to me than them just flat out exploring concepts from Prometheus/Covenant. Especially in the wake of books like The Cold Forge and Into Charybdis embracing the prequels with open arms.
[close]

Ultramorph

Spoiler
I agree, they're tapping the idea of the Alpha having telepathic abilities like in Book I. So you could say that she's showing the protagonist things that may exist, but I feel a bit clickbaited by that Hammerpede. We'll see.
[close]

PAS Spinelli

Spoiler
Heyy that's also the Alien isolation model!
[close]

BlueMarsalis79

Various spoilers for The Cold Forge, Into Charybdis, Prototype and chiefly Infiltrator:

The Pathogen:
Spoiler
In it defined as a substance that enhances the already present features of something, I can understand that particular interpretation in part, it does that true but it always carries features of the titular Alien with no biomechanics and light skin as opposed to dark skin in it's Neomorphs or Abominations it creates.

It gets this mostly right although I do not believe the Pathogen ought to affect the titular Alien itself, but I do hope that like in Prototype, it is an idea that only applies to the specific circumstances of Infiltrator's story because of the radiation.

Marvel's Alien's strange in that it is apparently exploring identical ideas simultaneously, but both being over the top in approach, and also shying away from tackling the ideas that the aforementioned do in full- and Cold Forge and Into Charybdis did best.
[close]

Similar concepts shared between Marvel's Alien and other recent stories:
Spoiler

Sapient Alien?
Into Charybdis actually tackles the idea whilst being both narratively and thematically appropriate for the character, and does not undermine Xenomorph XX121 to achieve this goal, make the Pathogen arbitrarily feature biomechanics to make it work, it laid the groundwork with Plagiarus Preapotens in The Cold Forge, and it certainly does not plagarise from Species.

Alien Telepathy?
Infiltrator actually tackles this as a major part of the plot progression, and does it in such a way that it is not a vision forced into the character's head at an arbitrary point in time of the author's choosing, but instead it is a subtle disquiet more befitting Xenomorph XX121. I'm all for going Silent Hill but only when it is earned. Using it as a one time thing to bait and switch the audience's about as far away from the enormous potential of this as it gets.

The Alpha?
Infiltrator also includes an "Alpha Alien" a albino Drone created through a combination of irradiation and the Pathogen.

But it is suggested it might just be a natural occurrence in appearance terms,  the Weaver for example, though brought into existence because of the absence of a "Alpha Alien" leader figure.

It is suggested this being with more sapience than normally expected also caused the aforementioned telepathy and it is something that appears more often in the, Queen and Empress etcetera, this may explain the naming convention of a "Alpha Alien" as a leader that's more intelligent and so carries a low level of telepathy with presumably the Queen or Empress having high levels of telepathy.
[close]

PAS Spinelli

Quote from: Trash Queen on Apr 22, 2021, 09:00:40 PM
Various spoilers for The Cold Forge, Into Charybdis, Prototype and chiefly Infiltrator:
The Pathogen:
Spoiler

It gets this mostly right although I do not believe the Pathogen ought to affect the titular Alien itself, 
[close]
Spoiler
I think it's a deal similar to Chromosomes, if theres too much or too little, it can affected heavily the outcome of the gestating creature
[close]

judge death

Alpha being smarter and better leading than queen or queen mother,just sounds wrong to me but well its that way they want to go so guess I accept.
Would been better if this alpha or king was a ravager as that would fit nicely in from what we know from before :P

I think I will do like Nightmare Asylum: not worth trying to keep track of things in the franchise like in star wars, and ignore the lore as its obvious each writer and creator will do whatever they feel for and see everything released in the eyes of the creator,and just go with it. Because things will be retconned left and right all the time, like in star trek. Will only burn myself out I guess if one try to care too much for things in franchises we follow.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed