Aliens: Infiltrator - Weston Osche

Started by Corporal Hicks, Oct 16, 2019, 07:40:23 AM

Author
Aliens: Infiltrator - Weston Osche (Read 65,829 times)

BlueMarsalis79

Personally I like the Alien Expanded Universe to be... enjoyable, especially if Disney ever decides to start folding aspects of the current era into the films.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

I loved the Rage War trilogy. Among my favourite of the EU books because they tried something new in comparison to the previous novels.

I do wish you'd stop adding replies and then immediately deleting them. It's really annoying clicking an email notification and finding nothing here.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

My reply's right there?

If by tried something new you mean pitifully ripped off Mass Effect, nobody remembers anything but the general concepts from it for a reason, and that's just a testament to the strength of the franchise it's derivative of.

Protomorph

The Black Goo/Accelerant is in the Infiltrator book? I'm really happy about this as I do really enjoy Prometheus and the mysteries it presented.

BlueMarsalis79

Quote from: Trash Queen on Apr 03, 2021, 03:22:06 PM
I do not get the logic behind calling it accelerant, it is accelerated but it does not just accelerate what already exists, it modifies, can not stand that name.

The Pathogen? Yes. 😁

Protomorph

Quote from: Trash Queen on Apr 19, 2021, 10:45:35 AM
Quote from: Trash Queen on Apr 03, 2021, 03:22:06 PM
I do not get the logic behind calling it accelerant, it is accelerated but it does not just accelerate what already exists, it modifies, can not stand that name.

The Pathogen? Yes. 😁

:laugh: :laugh: ....no the accelerant....i mean the black goo....i mean...erm....the oily looking stuff....the ooze....i dunno  :-\

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

My copy is arriving tomorrow via Amazon! I'll add it to the other Alien novels I've gotten but haven't read yet lol

Quote from: Trash Queen on Apr 18, 2021, 02:01:08 AM
Ay lmao

That sucks, but on the bright side it is not "The Accelerant" misnomer again, for the terminology use "The Pathogen" God damn it all!

https://bestanimations.com/media/aliens/1015344903alien-jaws-teeth-scary-extraterrestrial-animated-gif-image-1.gif

*Screee*
The Accelerant is a sweet name.

PAS Spinelli

Assuming most of you have made it halfway through, I've got some questions till mine arrives
So, any Xenomorphs appeared yet? Are the Xenos from some engineer ruins or are they being made via black goo by the staff experimenting  on it? And while on the topic of that, if any Xenos showed up, what names are they using for the species? Is it just Xenomorph (wrong), Xenomorph XX121 (correct one) or the Alien RPG/Cold Forge scientific name? (Praepotens and stuff, which is also correct)

BlueMarsalis79

Hey  heads up this' finally available on Audible.

SM

SM

This arrived in my Kindle library last night.

But puzzled that this has come out, but Into Charybdis doesn't land till April 23?
Why drop two books in the same month and neither on the 26th?

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

My copy should be arriving today!

Delta Echo Alpha Delta

I enjoyed it. 10/10

Some continuity issues and other nitpicks. But other than that it was a fun read.

For those who finished reading, there are 2 interesting similarities it shares with the Marvel Comic, and to my knowledge, they aren't working from the same continuity.

Stitch

Stitch

Quote from: Trash Queen on Apr 19, 2021, 04:48:48 AM
It says Arcturians exist as another sapient species trading with human beings and such, shit that doesn't belong in Alien.
Surely it don't matter if it's Arcturian, baby?

BlueMarsalis79

I prefer the idea it's slang for a human or synthetic underclass.

SpaceKase

Quote from: Trash Queen on Apr 19, 2021, 04:48:48 AM
It says Arcturians exist as another sapient species trading with human beings and such, shit that doesn't belong in Alien.

Does it, though?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed