Alien: Covenant Has Wrapped Filming!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jul 15, 2016, 09:53:32 AM

Author
Alien: Covenant Has Wrapped Filming! (Read 34,446 times)

BR1XER

Here's to hoping ALIEN is reinvigorated as a franchise and returns to its former glory then.  ;D

I'm hoping there weren't too many deviations between the Paradise and Covenant scripts. If the former was as good as I've heard, then the more changes there were, the more chances there was a change for the worse. And don't get me started on the chance of executive meddling (FOX) dumbing down the final script.

Space_Dementia

I really can not wait for this movie!! Was initially let down by Prometheus, until further viewings then my views changed and I started to appreciate the movie more when I came to understanding it more. I went in to the midnight showing in the wrong frame of mind and with the wrong expectations (even though they constantly warned us it would not be a straight up 'Alien' movie). So with covenant I feel I'll be going in now with a more open mind thanks to Prometheus. But still a little excited to see what Ridley is going to throw at us when it comes to aspects of the original movie e.g Facehuggers, chestbursters

windebieste

Yah! New 'ALIEN' movie coming!   YAY!!1!.

Just wanted to let my thinly veiled excitement out.  Especially now that principal photography has finished.  I guess we just have to wait for the inevitable pick up shots that are always needed.  Stuff that editing can't fix.  Either way...

YAY!  ;D

-Windebieste.

PsyKore

I'm just hoping for the best. I'm keen for it but still cautious yet. I know we'll get a stellar movie under the right conditions, but I think there'll be some serious devastation if the movie's on par with or lower than the level set by Prometheus.

NickisSmart

Quote from: windebieste on Jul 17, 2016, 11:24:30 PM
Yah! New 'ALIEN' movie coming!   YAY!!1!.

Just wanted to let my thinly veiled excitement out.  Especially now that principal photography has finished.  I guess we just have to wait for the inevitable pick up shots that are always needed.  Stuff that editing can't fix.  Either way...

YAY!  ;D

-Windebieste.

I mirror your sentiments. Yay!

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: windebieste on Jul 17, 2016, 11:24:30 PM
I guess we just have to wait for the inevitable pick up shots that are always needed.  Stuff that editing can't fix.  Either way...

No doubt. I'll be curious to hear what needs reshooting.

Quote from: PsyKore on Jul 18, 2016, 12:16:12 AM
I'm just hoping for the best. I'm keen for it but still cautious yet. I know we'll get a stellar movie under the right conditions, but I think there'll be some serious devastation if the movie's on par with or lower than the level set by Prometheus.

I dread to think what it'll be like if Covenant ends up worse than Prometheus. I don't know how longer the series can keep taking subpar films.  :-\

NickisSmart

Sub-par should be for AVP. Prometheus is more like par.

Corporal Hicks

Disappointing then.

whiterabbit

I think one thing is for sure with Alien: Covenant; Ridley is going to give us exactly what we're asking for. So if we're disappointed it's really our own damn fault. :P

Astronoë

What's really happening now.

Gotta catch 'em all!

NickisSmart

Alien³

UPDATE WITH PHOTO!

https://twitter.com/AlienAnthology/status/755432036073140224

"Filming has wrapped. The next phase begins."

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Nice, Waterston reminds me a lot of Aliens Ripley.

Pvt. Himmel

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Jul 19, 2016, 04:16:02 PM
Nice, Waterston reminds me a lot of Aliens Ripley.

Yep! 8)

Perfect-Organism

Literally, every Alien-related film has been plagued by some sort of Ripley wannabe.  Clearly a strong female lead is part of the essence of an Alien film.  We need a film that actually brings back the real Ripley such as Blomkamp's Alien.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed